Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day - A Not So Eternal Memory

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day - A Not So Eternal Memory

#1 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Yoshida Aikou is just a simple second year in high school. She has a kind heart. That's why, this Valentine's Day, she's giving every boy in her school chocolate! Join her in her wild adventure, as told by her through her storybook!

This game is all ages and has 1,837 words.

Downloads:
4Shared
Mediafire
Same, but hosted by DarkSpartan.
4Shared Alt Font 1.0
Mediafire Alt Font
Same as Alt, but hosted by DarkSpartan
(Alt Font uses different font and should be downloaded if you have trouble with the font used in the regular version.)

NOTE: The image map is a little buggy, so try clicking more than once on the opening menu if your clicks don't work the first time.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
To celebrate, the Eternal Memories team is giving several goodies. This game is one of them! The story was written by the writer for Eternal Memories (me) and this game stars one of the seven heroines. The artwork was not done by an Eternal Memories artist, but by the wonderful CheeryMoya, who was able to draw the perfect style for this game. As a result of having CheeryMoya on board, you might notice some TwinTurtles...

SvenTheViking did some coding, image mapping and proofreading.

Time for a little talking to myself Q&A

Eternal Memories is BxG, right?
Yes.

Is this game made for fans of BxG, then?
This game is made for everybody.

What type of a game is this, then?
It's a lighthearted comedy.

The art looks different.
That's not a question.

Why does the art look different?
Because, Yoshida Aikou drew it.

How many IQ points does Yoshida Aikou have?
You could probably count them on one hand.

Some characters besides her make appearances, but not all of them. Why not all of them? Do you not like them?
This story's focus was Yoshida Aikou. I only used characters that I had to use to make this game work. This had nothing to do with favoritism. In fact, my favorite character does not appear in this KN...

Can I keep asking questions?
I'd rather you not.

Why?
Shut up. This post is getting long...

Are you crazy or something?

What's with you talking to yourself?
*Grabs blunt object and uses it*
Last edited by redeyesblackpanda on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

SvenTheViking
Regular
Projects: Chronicles of the Timetraveler's Wars
Organization: ProgMan Productions; Polymorphic Games

Re: Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day - A Not So Eternal Memor

#2 Post by SvenTheViking »

This, the other game on which I totally did not work, along with Spartan's game, and thus on which am entirely unbiased, is amazing, and you should all play it. Twice. And love the art.
"Be not afraid of greatness: some men are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
William Shakespeare, "Twelfth Night"

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#3 Post by Crocosquirrel »

The alternate links are direct downloads-- 4shared can be entirely avoided if you don't care to use it, are annoyed by it, or can't use it because some network administrator hates it. No ads, either.

Good story, Panda... The artwork does it great justice.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#4 Post by Tag- »

Ahahaha, oh my gosh, Shi-kun startled me at first with those CAPS xDDD I can imagine him talking in a very loud whisper or something similar.

Panda, you certainly did a great job of characterisation with Sven's help C:
I really, really enjoyed reading this, it made me laugh a lot xDD So many funny things that I want to mention I don't even know where to start.
Just... all of the character interactions, and them turtles too.
And the scene with the bunny outfit, oh gosh Panda. W-whyyyyyyy.

...Seeing her mother, I think we know where she got her personality from, ey? :mrgreen:

I actually thought that Aikou was a grade-schooler (and that we were in her past or something) until the mention of Kanetsu and Tanako. Her mentality and attitude certainly reflected that xDD
Tanako is also a very cool badass C:

The only complaint I would have is that the ending is very abrupt, and because there was a transition where the screen actually went black for a bit (unless my computer was just lagging? :shock: ), I was a bit confused and surprised when I was brought back to the menu screen. Only a minor complaint though C:

jkah;ghfagjg Moya, thank you so, so much for drawing this. Your suffering was not in vain 8)
PM me if needed

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

Just tried this, and I have to say...

I just spent the best fifteen minutes of my life.

And also, I was feeling sick and this awesome KN magically made me feel better. To all the people who worked on this... I just wanted to say I love you. o_o

To all those who haven't tried this yet, go check it out. You won't regret it! :)
Tag- wrote:The only complaint I would have is that the ending is very abrupt, and because there was a transition where the screen actually went black for a bit (unless my computer was just lagging? )

I don't think it's only your computer. That happens to me, too. ^^;
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by CheeryMoya »

Haha, thanks for the positive reviews so far, everyone!
SilverxBlue wrote:Just tried this, and I have to say...

I just spent the best fifteen minutes of my life.

And one last thing, I was feeling sick and this awesome KN magically made me feel better. To all the people who worked on this... I just wanted to say I love you. o_o

To all those who haven't tried this yet, go check it out. You won't regret it! :)
I wuv you too <3 Indeed, panda's writing and my fantastic "art" make a wonderful cure for any ailments you may have. The heartwarming story, the lively characters, and the unique art style all contribute to its overall magical-ness *_*

Oh, and here's a fun game: spot all the Twin Turtles in each scene! They usually like to hang low on the screen, but sometimes they'll be in plain sight. You'll often find their likeliness on walls too since everyone loves turtles and likes to draw them everywhere. First person to find all the turtles and tells me gets cookies and milk :3
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the birds and the bees?

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#7 Post by Reikun »

The part with the maid/bunny outfit was like WTF for me xD;;; Also, why would you make someone with bunny ears do a cat pose? And then at first I thought Tanako wanted to give Shi-kun the chocolate because she liked ...him? *U*;;
I don't even know anymore, I played this late at night OTL But I'm glad Kansetsu is such an aniki for Yoshida xD Great little KN. Good for procrastinating on papers '''OTL

Besides the turtles, my other favorite thing in the art was the random dudes. BEST HAIRSTYLES EVER.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#8 Post by leon »

I loved the story. It's very funny and the artwork fits it perfectly. The smiley sun is hilarious.

I had a problem extracting the file to the desktop (where it was downloaded to) with WinRar, because of long directory paths (exceeded 255 charaters). It worked after I moved the file to the root (c:\). Renaming the project "Yoshida Aikou's Valentine's Day - A Not So Eternal Memory" to something shorter would help.

To make the font more readable, I suggest you add drop_shadow - http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/coo ... yling_Text
How many IQ points does Yoshida Aikou have?
You could probably count them on one hand.
35?

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#9 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I'm thinking more like 100, with a somewhat degraded socio-emotional level.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#10 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. ^^
I put up some Mediafire links too, for those who hate 4Shared with a burning passion...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Ben Ayoo
Regular
Completed: The coin and the gun
Organization: Ben Studio

#11 Post by Ben Ayoo »

Played and enjoyed. Graphics cute and it was caught my eyes when selecting visual novels to download. On the second play noticed the two turtles. Downloading the one with Alt Font for my third play. A must play for everyone. Good work Eternal Memories team.