What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: What is your type?

#31 Post by Mink »

^I'm also single because I seem to only attract pervs, creepers, and assholes. 8|
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#32 Post by silenteve »

I'm single because the guys attracted to me are stalkers, mentally deficient, or lesbians (okay, that's not a guy but I've been asked out by girls before...)

And also because I always find something wrong with the guy I like after awhile...
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG

#33 Post by Mink »

I am perfectly okay with girls wanting to ask me out.

*Website, yo*

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by HigurashiKira »

Mink wrote:I am perfectly okay with girls wanting to ask me out.
Indeed (Similar case for me, except gender flipped). If you're not picky with gender, you can definately find someone who can love you AND who possibly meets your criteria.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#35 Post by KomiTsuku »

Unless you are me! :lol: I do find it funny that as a intelligent, somewhat laidback, quiet guy I've never been able to find a date. Or get asked out. By either gender. Oh well, at least I have chicken.

A comic that is somewhat related to the topic

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#36 Post by silenteve »

Hey, I'm cool with the girls asking me out but they're doing it in the wrong way.
Asking if I'm horny is not the way to go. At least not for me. Also the touching. Lots of touching. Very hand-sy, they are. And I'm a bit of a reserved person, so I have no idea how to react to that. Except by running away :p
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Gavrilo

#37 Post by Gavrilo »

I don't usually have any preferences or dislikes regarding fictional girls, excluding some annoying archetypes (specially those silly teenagers who act like little girls and refuse to grow up). In real life, I'm more attracted to the shy or mysterious ones. She doesn't have to be "smart" in the strict sense of the word, just value her intellect and try to fulfill her potential instead of falling into mediocrity.
facades wrote:Wow.. It seems like intellectual level is pretty important for most people. (: Just wondering, ( if this isn't hijacking the discussion ) do guys mind if their girlfriends are more intelligent and capable than them? Or if their wives earn more money than them and are of higher status in the working world?
I don't think it should matter if the guy knows his unique traits and doesn't underestimate himself. Maybe my partner is better at absolutely everything I do: writing, programming, mathematics, blogging, discussing. However, it's how I put it all together that makes the difference. Anyone could be more capable than me, but no one has my style, crafted by my own quirks. Realistically, though, guys have a tendency of putting their pride on the line when it comes to success (which comes with status and financial security). That's pretty much inevitable due to cultural factors, since they grew up believing to be the ones who should protect the family and ensure happiness.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Mink »

silenteve wrote:
Hey, I'm cool with the girls asking me out but they're doing it in the wrong way.
Asking if I'm horny is not the way to go. At least not for me. Also the touching. Lots of touching. Very hand-sy, they are. And I'm a bit of a reserved person, so I have no idea how to react to that. Except by running away :p
The most I've ever gotten like that was a girl in high school who liked to run up and grab other girls' boobs. When she held her hands up and went, "Mink, I haven't grabbed your boobs yet~", I told her if she touched me I'd punch her teeth in.

Oh, I mean...I very calmly told her I'd prefer it if she would refrain from doing that.

*Website, yo*

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#39 Post by LVUER »

It seems touching and grouping (or even sex) is very common in your countries. huh? Here, touching a friend (let alone stranger) is considered very rude, more over if you touch ... well, those parts. Do you want to move over here? ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#40 Post by Sapphi »

MiSi wrote:Regarding fiction I would say, I've always liked the really crazy guys. Let them be either extremely silly or (slightly) sadistic... I can't help but immediately falling in love with them. Give them some hot glasses and/or a suit/scientist's coat and they're perfect for me. (Yes, I like intelligent guys. Even those, who are insanely intelligent... :twisted: :lol: )
...Are you me?! O_O

IRL, my preference is men who are very intelligent without the arrogance that usually accompanies it. (General observation - the smarter a person is, the less he tends to brag about it.) Among "leaders", "followers" and "loners" I prefer loners hands-down. (I am a loner-type too so I hate blind following as well as attempts to control me.*) They must have good enough self esteem not to care about what other people think of them as a man - no obnoxious chest-beating, strutting around with their shirt off, arguing until they're blue in the face because they MUST be right, etc. Along with that, they must be sensitive. And since I'm an artist-writer, I tend to appreciate men who are more technically aligned... math, science, etc.

*My number one turn-off is a man who is controlling. No matter how attractive it may be in fiction, I avoid controlling people like the plague!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

silenteve
Veteran

#41 Post by silenteve »

Mink wrote:
silenteve wrote:
The most I've ever gotten like that was a girl in high school who liked to run up and grab other girls' boobs. When she held her hands up and went, "Mink, I haven't grabbed your boobs yet~", I told her if she touched me I'd punch her teeth in.

Oh, I mean...I very calmly told her I'd prefer it if she would refrain from doing that.
Oh god, that's not even that bad. My own friends do that to me.
The worst ever was when my friend came to visit me, and there wasn't anyone around. She decides to push me onto the bed, climb on top of me, and try to stick her tongue down my throat. I kicked her out of my house (after punching her in the gut) and we haven't talked since.

It's the worst T-T I don't hate gay people, in fact a good quarter of my friends are either gay or bi, but I'm pretty sure they've taken away my innocence. (Ok, that's a little dramatic.)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Mink »

^Granted, that's worse than a girl trying to grab my boobs. But it wasn't even a friend of mine, just someone I knew by sight and happened to be in a club with.

Oh, there's something: my type is people who know how/when to keep their hands to themselves. 8| Seriously, I'm not a touchy feely person at the best of times, so someone constantly wanting to be under/on me would only serve to drive me up the wall.
LVUER wrote:It seems touching and grouping (or even sex) is very common in your countries. huh? Here, touching a friend (let alone stranger) is considered very rude, more over if you touch ... well, those parts. Do you want to move over here? ;P
I just need to move to a place where there's like, no people; that'd be great. /loner

*Website, yo*

facades
Regular

#43 Post by facades »

OtomeWeekend wrote:When I saw this, I thought you meant bloodtypes xD
That might be a good forum topic. (; hahaha I think Koreans use bloodtypes to determine compatibility when finding a boyfriend/ girlfriend.
I found out about that after watching the movie "My Boyfriend is type B."
Even though it's just a movie, it might partially reflect their beliefs too. (:
Gavrilo wrote: I don't think it should matter if the guy knows his unique traits and doesn't underestimate himself. Maybe my partner is better at absolutely everything I do: writing, programming, mathematics, blogging, discussing. However, it's how I put it all together that makes the difference. Anyone could be more capable than me, but no one has my style, crafted by my own quirks. Realistically, though, guys have a tendency of putting their pride on the line when it comes to success (which comes with status and financial security). That's pretty much inevitable due to cultural factors, since they grew up believing to be the ones who should protect the family and ensure happiness.
That's true! That's a really great way to see things.
The perception of someone being more capable than another could be subjective depending on how one chooses to view it.
And I think you're right. Everyone is still different and unique in one way or another. :D
Sapphi wrote: *My number one turn-off is a man who is controlling. No matter how attractive it may be in fiction, I avoid controlling people like the plague!
I don't think I could get along with someone who is very controlling too.. even my own parents don't control me that much.
Speaking of that..I heard somewhere that girls are likely to find someone who is like their father and for guys, their mother. I wonder if there's any truth in that..
I was curious and searched the web for information.
I guess some characteristics that I listed do match with my dad's personality.. (?) maybe.. hahaha xD
Mink wrote: Oh, there's something: my type is people who know how/when to keep their hands to themselves. 8| Seriously, I'm not a touchy feely person at the best of times, so someone constantly wanting to be under/on me would only serve to drive me up the wall.
LVUER wrote:It seems touching and grouping (or even sex) is very common in your countries. huh? Here, touching a friend (let alone stranger) is considered very rude, more over if you touch ... well, those parts. Do you want to move over here? ;P
I just need to move to a place where there's like, no people; that'd be great. /loner
I'm really uncomfortable with too much physical contact too. xp
But maybe the threshold for each person lies in which country one is from?
For example, it's not usual for friends ( of opposite gender) to hug unless they are dating in my country.
But I had some friends who went overseas to study and when they came back, they were pretty liberal with giving hugs.
It's not that I dislike it but I guess I wasn't used to it.. And it might send a misleading message to those who are unaware of the different culture. ;p
But I guess hugging friends does break the ice and build warmth in the friendship. (:

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#44 Post by LVUER »

I think it's indeed have connection with where you live. Similar to sex (I hope no one minds with me talking about it). In my country, no sex before marriage. It's considered very normal (it's even supposed to) to still virgin until you're married (it's even a crime to have sex with someone that's not your spouse, no matter the reason). But in other forums where there are plenty people from Western countries, I was being laughed at when talking about it.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#45 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

O.O
I've never been assaulted in the way that some of you have been. I guess it's because I'm unattractive a guy...

It's a strange, freaky world...
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.