NaNoReNo 2012

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: NaNoReNo 2012

#16 Post by SusanTheCat »

Me and my team of hard working teenagers will be entering NaNoReNo this year.

This is the same team that brought you "You Don't Need To Be Alone" http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=13079 for the last Ludum Dare.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#17 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

ThisIsNoName wrote:Can you participate if it's a side story or part of a larger story, or does it have to be completely original?
The rules are generally pretty lax and it's not like anyone is monitoring it. The idea is to encourage people to actually release a game and confining it to a month means people can focus on something for a smaller amount of time and so are more likely to produce something. People tend to take on whatever type of challenge they want to. For instance someone may choose to use only free resources while someone else may choose to create them themselves. Don't stress too much about the rules and instead focus on having fun and releasing a game :)

I'm pretty psyched about entering this year XD It should be fun and I am looking forward to releasing something. I've done character sketches so I'm kind of as ready as I am going to be at the moment (Though I may browse for some background reference photos. I know I want to take a couple myself) and we have some basic notes for the characters and storyline. The big thing will be time. I have barely had a chance to draw these two weeks so I hope I can clear out my March calender and focus.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#18 Post by KomiTsuku »

IDHAS will be participating as we have done in previous years. I've got something that has been lurking in the reserves for just such an occasion. This is going to be the true test to see if my February-March training sessions will pay off!

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#19 Post by silenteve »

I might join just for fun. I've got a bunch of short story ideas to use for this.
Does it matter if it's Kinetic or not?
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Applegate »

The only rules are, as I understand it:

Production must start on or after March 1, and end on or before the end of March.

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#21 Post by carosene »

Kura and I will create some NaNoReno badassery. :D
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#22 Post by silenteve »

Fantastic :) I think I should start recruiting people (For art mostly, and maybe programming..) How do you submit your game when you're done?
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#23 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Yeoppo_Kitsune, a few non-LSF users and I will be participating too, probably. I've already got a few drafts for characters and such, so we'll be discussing them tomorrow. It's our first time~

YAY~
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#24 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

silenteve wrote:Fantastic :) I think I should start recruiting people (For art mostly, and maybe programming..) How do you submit your game when you're done?
You just put it in the completed game section and put the tag [NaNoRenO 2012] (or another variation of) in front so people will know in following years and to match previous years :)

silenteve
Veteran

#25 Post by silenteve »

Ok, thank you.
(I'm going to be asking a lot of questions, sorry...)
How will I recruit people? Like, how will I be able to find people to work on the game with me?
What's the best way to get out there and form a team?

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#26 Post by SilverxBlue »

silenteve wrote:Ok, thank you.
How will I recruit people? Like, how will I be able to find people to work on the game with me?
Posting at the recruitment section is your best bet... I think.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

silenteve
Veteran

#27 Post by silenteve »

SilverxBlue wrote:
Should I start a thread in the Ideas forum first or do I just go straight to recruitment?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#28 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

silenteve wrote:
SilverxBlue wrote:
Should I start a thread in the Ideas forum first or do I just go straight to recruitment?
Just go straight to Recruitment, I would suggest. It will be easier that way. Most people keep their project under wraps for this, partly for funnsies and surprises and partly because you just don't get time to update a thread. Just explain it's for Nanoreno and what your idea is. You'll probably find people will be more willing to join a short 1 month project than larger projects.

silenteve
Veteran

#29 Post by silenteve »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Just go straight to Recruitment, I would suggest. It will be easier that way. Most people keep their project under wraps for this, partly for funnsies and surprises and partly because you just don't get time to update a thread. Just explain it's for Nanoreno and what your idea is. You'll probably find people will be more willing to join a short 1 month project than larger projects.
Ok, it's done :) Will now be waiting patiently for awesome people to join my little project.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#30 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

silenteve wrote:Ok, it's done :) Will now be waiting patiently for awesome people to join my little project.
It's also worth considering asking specific people that you would like too have if they would be able to help. If artists aren't coming to you, you can try going to them. I'd suggest searching the art forums and asking people that interest you. ^^
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.