Broken Hearted: A 9/11 Story

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mabakza

#31 Post by Mabakza »

dizzcity wrote: According to the Wikipedia article, at least, a few days to a few weeks is the common duration of a coma. :) There are actually different levels of coma - it's better to think of it as a range, rather than a yes/no kind of condition. From what I can figure out, yes, a coma can be caused by injury to the head, although more common factors seem to be chemical or psychological disorders in the brain. Also, contrary to what you see in movies, people don't just "wake up" from coma... they usually recover consciousness and use of their body gradually.

Actually, it seems that the coma, when resulting from an injury to the head, may actually be a good thing, as it lets the brain go on "stand-by" mode while it focuses on recovering. It's one of the body's own self-healing mechanisms for brain injury (sort of like how a fever is the body's self-defence against germ infection). Of course, sometimes the brain has just suffered too much damage to continue functioning properly, so comas aren't always signs that the brain is repairing itself.

Other kinds of things you might want to look up are "vegetative state", "stroke", and "catatonic stupor", which are slightly different medical conditions similar to comas.

Hope that helps.

-Dizzy-
thank you, i plan on having heather in a hospital near the wtc,.. i'll remeber to credit you for helping

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#32 Post by dizzcity »

No real need for credit. :) All I did was just read through a bunch of articles and give a quick summary of them - something that anyone could do. Half an hour's work, max. Just take it as a free gift. I like providing information. :P

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#33 Post by PyTom »

[quote="Mabakza"thank you, i plan on having heather in a hospital near the wtc,.. i'll remeber to credit you for helping[/quote]

You know, this sort of reminds me of the aftermath of 9/11. The families of the people murdered on 9/11 kept hoping that their loved ones would be found alive in some hospital somewhere.

IIRC, this didn't happen. Basically, you had people who were wounded, but able to move... and you had people who died. There weren't many people who were unconscious but alive.

I remember the response. Hospitals throughout the region... up into Westchester, out on Long Island, and down in New Jersey... they all geared up to take the injured. People donated blood all over the place, that day. (Heck, I tried to, but was turned away by the blood bank due to overcrowding.)

The injured never showed up.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mabakza

#34 Post by Mabakza »

Thank you for that information. Can I show that info at the end... :?:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#35 Post by PyTom »

I don't have a problem with you showing what I just said. It's just... I'm not sure how I feel about a happy end to "Broken Hearted".
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mabakza

#36 Post by Mabakza »

oh ok.. i understand

I wont do it then...

Puppychow

#37 Post by Puppychow »

Mabakza wrote:
Puppychow wrote: Yes, and yes. Since I'm the only who took the original photos (not the stock material), you should check w/ me re: backgrounds. If the image you want happen to be a stock photo, I can direct you to the page online with the material. PM me on the backgrounds plz. :)
i'm sorry i dont use any IMs, can you send the link to my email
At the bottom of each post here at Lemma Soft Forums, you have a "Profile," "PM," and "Email". Just click on the PM button to send a private message to me regarding WHICH photos you want to use (I have no clue).

Puppychow

#38 Post by Puppychow »

Mabakza wrote:oh ok.. i understand

I wont do it then...
If you want to do a happy ending sort of thing, you can change the title to something like "Rejoice: A 9/11 Story". :lol: But yes, Broken Hearted wouldn't be suitable for your rewrite of the story.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

Re: Broken Hearted: A 9/11 Story

#39 Post by Wright1000 »

I hope everyone has got the good news.

The terrorist behind the 9/11 attack is dead at last.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Enders

Re: Broken Hearted: A 9/11 Story

#40 Post by Enders »

Wow, I love this story. I may be from the Seattle area, but the 9/11 attacks was ingrained in me ever since. Waking up to go to school never was the same for.

Now, I want to be able to share this story with more people. So I have decided to convert it to Android using a custom VN engine.

The biggest challenge is converting the Ren'Py script into my own script. But in the end, it should be a very functional game.

But, i hope that people will enjoy it. My guess is that it will be the first full length Visual Novel on the Android platform.

Hope to get some pre-release feedback on the idea. I hope to release it for the 10th anniversary.