Key games

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Key games

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

I've recently started playing Little Busters! and I've watched Air, Kanon ( 2006) and Clannad. So I was just wondering what other people thought of the games made and the animes based on Key games. I'm a huge fan myself. I love a good cry every once in a while...
ImageImageImage

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Key games

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I really liked Clannad, but I haven't played their other games... I've got to fix that. :lol:
I liked Ryou and wish she had a real truish path... T_T

Tomoyo was nice too~

And Botan. That little pig... I'll never get over him... :mrgreen:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ririruetoo »

I love Botan.... (^_^) so cute~! I just finished one of the routes in Little Busters! it was freaking amazing!
ImageImageImage

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#4 Post by HikkiPanda »

I just finished first season of Clannad anime yesterday. I don't really like the ending, but I love the alternate ending where Tomoya dating Tomoyo. Overall it has a good pace, excellent directing, awesome animation and soundtrack. It's just that most of the character that get the spotlight don't really click with me ^^;.

I wish they focus on Ryou/Kyou more, they have so little screentime ... =_=

I like both Kotomi and Tomoyo's arc, too bad Kotomi doesn't get an alternate ending treatment like Tomoyo T__T .. and even though Tomoyo got an alternate ending, she doesn't appear much in those 23 episodes >.>

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#5 Post by teacup »

I started playing Little Busters around Christmas time. I'm still in the common route, and I wish it was a little more fast paced [I know all Key games are massively long, but I have a short attention span]. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying it - the humor, music, characters and mini-games are all great - it's just that the common route is just dragging on too long for my taste ^^;
As for the anime, I've seen most of them and I love them all. I saw Air TV and Air: The Movie, both which have beautiful animations, soundtracks, and stories [I have some complaints about Air TV, but I still enjoyed it overall].
Clannad and Kanon 2006 are some of my absolute favorite anime. I have yet to watch the Clannad movie but I probably will soon.
I hope more of Key's works get anime adaptions. I know a lot of people who would love to see a Little Busters! anime.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#6 Post by tuna_sushi »

Key~! :D
I love their animes, it's just so sad :')
Clannad ~After Story~ was the first anime that made me cry.
I finished Little Busters! and... just wow...
I really want a Little Busters! anime :3

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ririruetoo »

I just finishd Harada's path in Little Busters! and I actually had to force myself to finish it! I don't what it was about it, but near the end I realized I didn't care any more and just kept pressing the mouse. Ugh. Hopefully the other routes will be better...
ImageImageImage

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I liked Clannad though when I first watched it(I must be 8-9 back then), I fell asleep especially when the dango daikazoku plays. xD
I re-watched it years later and it was quite interesting and brilliant *I cried like there's no tomorrow in that you-know-what-it-is. :'D
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

tuna_sushi
Veteran

#9 Post by tuna_sushi »

ririruetoo wrote:I just finishd Harada's path in Little Busters! and I actually had to force myself to finish it! I don't what it was about it, but near the end I realized I didn't care any more and just kept pressing the mouse. Ugh. Hopefully the other routes will be better...
Harada? do you mean Haruka?

Well, IMO, hers is pretty easy to read the ending... my 2nd least favourite route to tell you the truth.

I don't think they worked hard enough in other routes except for Rin's (Rin1, Rin2, Refrain) and Komari's.

dreamingdaze
Regular

#10 Post by dreamingdaze »

Classic games, but I'm having a bit of difficulty finishing them. The last one I tried was Little Buster and it was so...long. Honestly, after 10 or so hours, I'd like to be done with 1 route. But nope, that wasn't the case. Admittedly, I wanted to see Rin's route because I like Jun Maeda's work. Then I found out you have to basically beat the game 7-ish times to see everything (Refrain ending).

Darn it, why? I can't spend that many hours on a visual novel and I only wanted to read her route because I liked the writer's work on Angel Beats. But it was at least funny and clearly worked on as a labor of love. I respect that, when the game and anime shows that effort.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#11 Post by teacup »

Anyone heard that Little Busters is getting an anime now? I dunno about you guys, but this is a dream come true for me.
Check it out!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by OtomeWeekend »

nuhaha! (<--in tsubasa amaha mode for some reason :/ )

I don't know but even though I avoid bishoujo anime like a plague, I still watch anything key...maybe because Clannad and Air left me a good impression so looking forward to little bastard--- ahem, I mean, busters. :) The katakana in the site is more readable as "bastards" rather than "busters".lol
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

tuna_sushi
Veteran

#13 Post by tuna_sushi »

teacup wrote:Anyone heard that Little Busters is getting an anime now? I dunno about you guys, but this is a dream come true for me.
Check it out!
I was screaming when I found that video Well, someone showed me the video ;p
I'm extremely hyped out about it XD

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#14 Post by WatchJessieGo »

I love Key! -Points to icon- Air is my absolute favorite work of theirs. I haven't gotten the chance to play the VNs yet, but I've seen all of their anime (apart from the original Kanon from 2002). I'm really excited that Little Busters! got an anime. ~

tuna_sushi
Veteran

#15 Post by tuna_sushi »

Kinda disappointed that J.C. Staff will make the LB! anime... :|
Well, I'll still be waiting! >:D