Yakuza Blossom [GxB // VN] (First sprites up!!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

Yakuza Blossom [GxB // VN] (First sprites up!!)

#1 Post by ShadowBerry »

My first real game (the two first were for testing *cough*)
It will be an GxB VN...I don't know yet how long - still working on the main plot.
Suggestions and Critic are welcome :) - and if you want to help me doing this PM me <3

Story
Hiromi and Airi are best friends and freshmen at Minamo Gakuen, one of many public High Schools in Tokyo. Those two expected a peaceful, ordinary schoolife until they found out the truth: The School is dominated by one of the students! Well, basically they still have a principal, but the rules for the students are a little different.
The strongest student becomes 'the King' of the school and everybody, who has enough confident in his fighting abilities has the right to challenge the current ruler to have a chance on becoming the next King -> of course only when he wins.
There is just one problem: the current king is pretty dangerous and no other student had enough guts to challenge him for two years.

Hiromi always tries to stay out of any trouble, being the cute and harmless girl, while Airi shouts at everybody who tries to insult her. With both being totally different from each other and Airi defending Hiromi as if she was her lover, they soon get attention from a lot of different characters.

Soon, they find themselves involved with a troublesome, immature street gang, the police

and hackers...and the Yakuza. The ordinary and peaceful life is forgotton and the new everyday life full of chaos, trouble, friendship and love has just begun.
Characters:
note: I put a name of a color behind a description for example: "has blue eyes (Cyan)" Just so anybody could imagine the color. I got the colors from The Wiki color list
MC's ~~in the beginning, you have to choose between two characters~~

Hiromi Sato ~//~ female, 16 y.
sweet /cute, slightly naive, pure hearted, loyal, lively, fragile, girly

Appearance: brown-reddish hair (Maroon), shoulder long with two small braids from her front hair to the back, hazel eyes (cinnamon), 1.60m, pretty girly slim, healthy pinky skin color.

Born in a aristocratic family, Hiromi is the heir of a international company, producing the most popular perfumes in Asia and America. As neighbour from Airi when they were kids, they always played together, attending a private school for 'talented (rich) kids'.
---

Airi Ichikawa ~//~ female, 16 y.
tomboy-ish, has a strong sense of justice, sharp tongue, agile, rebellious, bossy, cheeky

Appearance: long dark blue hair (Royal azure), is always wearing a Ponytail, a few hair strands looking out, slightly covering her ears and cheeks, dark emerald green eyes, 1,67m, sporty figure,

Also born in a rich family, whose parents were famous and well-respected professors. With DNA research as their main project, they had an own laboratory in the house.
After a critical mistake, the instruments exploded causing the whole house to burn down. Luckily Airi wasn't there but still losing her parents and home at the age of 7 (only left with the family butler Mario), she left to live with her relatives in a Temple in a calmer district of Tokyo.
She and Hiromi made a promise, that they always stay together... Airi became her 'Prince Charming' because she always protected her.
---

Obtainable Guys

Junnichi Kouno ~//~ male, 18 y.
cold-ish calm, very silent and indifferent, easily annoyed, strong and agile, sadistic, sarcastic

Appearance: very dark blue/green hair (Midnight green), deep red/violet eyes (Dark Scarlet), 1,80m, broad manly shoulders, sporty, having always a cold and indifferent expression

Junn isn't just an ordinary High School Student. He is the current 'King' of all students - claiming it after defeating the previous one in a fight. And also, he isn't just an ordinary boy. He is the son of the most famous man in the japanese underground scene - Masahiro Kouno, Yakuza Boss of Tokyo, and a very high member of the japanese Yakuza 'society'. As his heir, Junn learnt a lot about manupulating, tricking, cheating and even killing people. Everybody in his school knows that he belongs in there but he is admired and loved by girls and boys - while the teachers are scared of his father.
Having a small group gathered around him, he rules over the Schoolyard.
---

Izumi Oono ~//~ male, 19 y. -- ~only obtainable for Airi~
flirty, arrogant, short-tempered, rebellious, loyal to people he repects, egoistic, caring, sadistic, strong, a leader-type, childish at times

Appearance: longer, wild looking black hair (Onyx), yellow-orange eyes (Amber), wearing his uniform in a sloppy/casual way (no necktie, the first buttons open, the sleeves always rolled up), broad shoulders, a little darker skin color (like people from west-japan or latin american), wearing two silver earings in one ear (example: Zero from Vampire Knight because I can't explain it good xD sry)

This guy doesn't attend the same school as the other three and still they're connected. As the leader of a street gang, he heard of the 'King' Junn. Wanting to be the strongest High Schooler (Or MAN as he always says), he always comes to Minamo Gakuen to challenge Junn, getting pissed when the green haired guy doesn't even react on his somewhat childish behaviour.
He loves to tease Airi in a very mean / challenging way...and also having some kind of history with her, what she seems to have forgotten while he remembers everything.
---

Yoshio Takeuchi ~//~ male, 16 y. -- ~only obtainable for Hiromi ~
a brat!, childish, short-tempered, sharp, pugnacious, blushes fast, sportive, joyful, annyoing, needs a lot of attention, lazy

Appearance: short blue hair (Royal azure), blue eyes (Cyan), wears his uniform very neat while his other clothes look more casual, looks more fragile then he is in reality

Yoshio is Airi's cousin and the son of a Shaolin Master. Together with a relatively big family, he lives in an old traditional looking house, right next to the family temple - built and owned over 5 generations now. The rebellious teenager isn't really interested in family tradition or the martial arts coming from it, thats why he looks so slender and fragile, there is just one thing: He is stronger than many other guys, he is just lazy.
Even though he and Airi often act indifferent and mean they really care deeply for one another. Yoshi has secretly a crush on Hiromi since they're kids.
---

Tsuneo Kobayashi ~//~ male, 17 y.
weird, hyperactive, outsider, anime freak, sportive, unsocial, funny, caring and loyal, geniusly intelligent

Appearance: slim, pepping his uniform with a black hoodie-vest over his shirt, a black tie with skulls and neon-yellow/ grey vans, shoulder long blond hair (Aureolin) always 'forming' it with an alice band to the back (kinda looking like a lion xD), having pink reddish (Cherry) strands of hair, tribal star tattoos from his back of the right hand in a spiral along his arm to his elbow

Tsuneo has always been an outsider since Middelschool, the reason for that might be his own view of the world. Totally in love with tech crap and online games his true home is Akihabara, the paradise of Otakus and Nerd Freaks...and he is both. His room is full of anime posters, having a computer with at least 3 screens, a laptop and a notebook. He is a born hacker, cracking school computers etc. Tsu is a weird and somewhat unsocial guy, but opens up really fast and shows everybody his world.

Team:
Writer (Story): ShadowBerry
Writer (Characterdesign): ShadowBerry
Little helper: JDB17
Artist (Sprites): Maltagliati
Artist (CGs): Naomi
Artist (BG): none yet :(
Composer: Ziassan
Programmer: zorexx
Proofreader/ Editer: Kyonko802
-------------~~------------
Last edited by ShadowBerry on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Own project:

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

Re: Yakuza Blossom [GxB // VN] ((Looking for a team~))

#2 Post by Mickychi »

Sounds interesting I'll keep an eye I think!
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#3 Post by silenteve »

My muse has some rather interesting ideas of her own :3 Will definitely stalk this xD
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#4 Post by ShadowBerry »

@Mick: Thank you, Ill try to keep myself busy with this x3

@silent: This idea was spooking in my head for a while, thats why I was so amazed about your idea <3
Own project:

ShadowBerry
Veteran

Re: Yakuza Blossom [GxB // VN] (team update)

#5 Post by ShadowBerry »

I just wanted to say, that our team is full now (expect an BG artist >_>)
But I work hard from now on to give my teammates work and the progress will be great x3
Own project:

peong-keu
Regular
Completed: My Magical Cosplay Cafe • Novus Magus Amorous
Tumblr: saeun
Deviantart: saeun

#6 Post by peong-keu »

This team already has sprite and cg artist so I cant be of help, but this VN looks like it will be really good! I will love to play when its ready ヾ(≧▽≦)ノ eager

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#7 Post by Nellie »

Congratulations on getting a full team! Sorry I can't contribute to BG arts (probably the only thing I can't do AT ALL... Not like I can do any other things well lol)

Looking forward to more updates no! :)

PockieHoshi
Regular

#8 Post by PockieHoshi »

Love the plot and the fact that you can choose between two different MC's :)!
Honestly I'm looking forward to this alot :D.Hopefully you'll see this through to the end =]!

Alwerien
Regular

#9 Post by Alwerien »

This setting does sound interesting - I always loved stories like these~! Definitely looking forward to it~ Also good luck with finding a bg artist :)

I have a feeling I'd play Hiromi's path first..but definitely all endings get is a need. \o/
I love it when games with romance option have possible love interests both male and female. I wish there were more games like that. :<

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#10 Post by ShadowBerry »

@peong-keu
Haha, yeah but thanks for looking forward to this game xD

@Nellie
Awww thank you x3 and don't worry Ill get an BG artist!!! And if its the last thing Ill do! xD

@PockieHoshi
Thank you. Forgotten and Remembered from my friend silenteve is kind of like that (I mean where you can choose between two MCs :))
I hope I wont dissappoint you, but so far there is no reason for me to stop working on it :P

@Alwerien
Hehe, thanks. I loved the plot a lot...because I love cold guys and the yakuza xD
Hiromi? Why? like her character? xD
Own project:

ShadowBerry
Veteran

Re: Yakuza Blossom [GxB // VN] (Main menu update)

#11 Post by ShadowBerry »

Sooo added the main menu...so you guys see that we aren't doing nothing! xD
Own project:

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#12 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Oh, the main menu is so lovely! Did you make it? Who is the GUI and logo designer?

I am curious to know how the two main characters attract the attention of the "Yakuza". They must have done something big and related to them. Good luck with your game! It sounds very adventurous. I can't wait to see the character art.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#13 Post by ShadowBerry »

@wingz

The Main menu background was made by Naomi, just like the Logo...well I did the Fonts and the effects but the small sakura branch was also made by her^^

Hehe, both atract their attention through their own unique character. Airi because she has a big mouth and Hiromi because she is a little naive (seems pretty stupid to others xD)
And as you read, the 'King' of the school is the Yakuza Son xD
Own project:

Alice PH
Regular

#14 Post by Alice PH »

Sooo gonna wait for this <3 Aw man, this thread needs more view =_=!
Oho!Oho! I love Airi! <3 and ALL of the guys XP Hope to see more updates coming >w<!
Btw, is this gonna be a long project? Like 2 years n above? Hope not :0
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

keke-chan

#15 Post by keke-chan »

The main menu is so pretty! The story is interesting and I like how you get to choose which character you want to play (: Hiromi sounds kind of annoying so I like Airi better lol c: