What is your type?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

Re: What is your type?

#46 Post by Reikun »

Mink wrote:
silenteve wrote:Hey, I'm cool with the girls asking me out but they're doing it in the wrong way.
Asking if I'm horny is not the way to go. At least not for me. Also the touching. Lots of touching. Very hand-sy, they are. And I'm a bit of a reserved person, so I have no idea how to react to that. Except by running away :p
The most I've ever gotten like that was a girl in high school who liked to run up and grab other girls' boobs. When she held her hands up and went, "Mink, I haven't grabbed your boobs yet~", I told her if she touched me I'd punch her teeth in.

Oh, I mean...I very calmly told her I'd prefer it if she would refrain from doing that.
Ahhh. I hang out around a lot of touchy, hand-sy friends, so crotch grabbing, ass slapping, boob squeezing (men not excluded), and various permutations of these kinds of activities became a normal thing for me :C Everyone else thinks we're all insane/perverted trouble makers but we're just kidding around.
Yeah. I'm not as reserved as I used to be.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Nightydreams
Regular
Projects: The Saddest Music In The World

#47 Post by Nightydreams »

A type huh? The one I hope to find needs to care... Not the right word, no they must have empathy. The girl I hope to find needs to have a heart that can feel feelings and bleed with mine. We need to cry together and laugh together. When she slows I will take her hand and when I fall she will lift me with all of her.

Most importantly however, my missing half must also be searching for me.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.

-Alexander. Infinity Ocean
Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
- Terro, The Saddest Music In The World

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#48 Post by Omnificent »

I like smart/cynical mastermind characters and earnest, straightforward, hotblooded heroes.

But if I had to choose one for romance it'd be the latter, because I'm a pessimist and need someone to bring me up.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Keilis
Regular

#49 Post by Keilis »

Physical build: Like Fate universe servants please. <3 See below:

ImageImage

Mmm. :D TYPE MOON, Y U NO MAKE FATE/OTOME?

For games/anime, I like men with huge egos. Think Okita from Hakuouki, Gilgamesh from Fate/Stay Night, Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara, Killua from Hunter x Hunter if that wouldn't have made me a pedophile. I also like the total opposite: ridiculously happy and cheerful guys (Ittoki from UtaPri, Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis). I mostly like the former, though.

For IRL, I like really chatty guys who can challenge my intelligence, mostly because I can't hold up conversations myself. And Asians please. XD Asians with the usual styled hair.

Endorphin
Veteran

#50 Post by Endorphin »

Smart guys. Sarcastic. Sense of humor.
Damn, I melt inside when a guy can challenge me in a verbal battle (in german that is as I fail in english ;P) - being confident enough to be able to take a hit without whining because he takes everything personal. (It's just a game after all.)
Hmmm... passionate/ambitious about his life/hobby, speaking his mind as this is the base of trust for me.
But how should I put this?
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Peronality:
- Fantastic witty sense of humor
- Laid back
- Intelligent
- Ambitious (he must have goals in life)
- Sweet/Gentleman
[...]By that I mean I like to see a guy who has a job, likes to travel, likes to achieve things and learn, but who also knows how to relax and hasn't got arrogance issues. Someone who can have a good laugh at himself, but also respects himself enough not to waste life. Balance I suppose, in different areas of life.
That really just describes it perfectly. =/

If it's the looks I'm rather flexible, but if I had to choose it would be Benedict Cumberbatch (especially in his role of Sherlock). x3

But, oh well - as I'm obviously not an easy person to deal with I'm single, of course. xD

- R.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by HigurashiKira »

Keilis wrote: TYPE MOON, Y U NO MAKE FATE/OTOME?
Fun Fact: F/SN was originally going to have a female protagonist and a male Saber.
Also, Otome games aren't the only kind of games you can date good looking guys in, BTW (I'm sure there are some Fate/Zero fans out there who would rejoice if they made that kind of game for it)
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#52 Post by ririruetoo »

Hmm...Well, in otome/bishoujo games I usually go after the quiet one first, that or the cocky/asshole character. In real life though, I can't stand any of those types of people. In real life, I like the funny and nice guys, who will stick up for you and be your friend first.
ImageImageImage

MizuuHime

#53 Post by MizuuHime »

My type is different for Visual Novel/Dramas/Anime/Manga and with the one in real life.

Basically, in Visual Novel/Dramas/Anime/Manga, I prefer the people that hard to approach, that seems cold, tsundere type, but has warm and kind heart secretly or.... Things like that.

In Real life, I prefer a guy which is more mature, know how to caring, funny, but can be serious too in the serious situation..... :roll: That is.... Pretty different. lol.
My Deviantart: http://mizuuhime.deviantart.com/
I am looking for interesting VN projects to help for, PM me if you are interesting getting my help for sprites/CG art!

mapletaffy
Regular

#54 Post by mapletaffy »

In VNs/Animes, totally innocent girls are my type. . .Someone who acts really childish XD. . Someone like Milfeulle Sakuraba from Galaxy Angel Series.
For real life. . I don't have any preferences at all. . .as long as they are nice.

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#55 Post by nyaatrap »

A person who has both intelligence and passion. Humor and strong will are necessities. A generic wimpy person just should die.

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#56 Post by WatchJessieGo »

I like my men to be a couple years older than me and have a bit of muscle on 'em. Nice hair doesn't hurt. They also need to have a good sense of humor, and by "good" I mean "intelligent."

Some might consider this a little sexist (in fact, I've been told this is sexist), but I also like a man who is a gentleman, will take care of me, blah blah.

This guy is an absolute dream-boat in my eyes. o_o

AnthonyHJ
Regular
Projects: Past Mistakes
Organization: Freya's Aett

#57 Post by AnthonyHJ »

I like a girl with a little fire in her, who believes in something and won't just back down for the sake of an easy life. I like the intelligent ones who will debate, who will argue and enjoy it. In the past, that's got me hurt (one of them had a sword; she didn't like me) and that's fine. That's not to say I like conflict for the sake of conflict; Asuka from Evangelion aside, kindness goes further than spirit.

Also... Red-heads... Green eyes optional, but preferred.

I married a quiet brunette who hates conflict, but is almost my intellectual equal. I suppose there's a difference between those I like to chase and those I like to catch. As a result, I have a blonde daughter with blue eyes and long legs with a sharp mind; she'll be trouble when she discovers boys and I have only myself to blame...
Recent work - iSchool Dreams: First Semester / iSchool Dreams: My Valentine (iPhone / iPad, dating sims)

wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

#58 Post by wordlesswriter »

In VNs, I have a surprising tendency to lean toward the quiet type, whether they're quiet and reserved, or just shy. Mostly with female characters though. I have a theory that it's because I would want someone to approach me in the same way. Cautiously, so as not to scare me off, but making enough effort that I don't need to do much. :)

But IRL, I like boys who are confidant, but still polite. And then have a slightly geeky/dweeby side to them. (It's usually something that seems like a quirk, like still liking action figures or something.)
But what I *really* like is guys who are really enthusiastic about things they like. And guys who are really surprised by the fact that girls think they're cute. Because that's adorable.

And regardless of what sort of guy he is, he has to be able to goof around. :)
In real life, I don't have much experience with boys...or girls, either. I'm a very private person, despite my best efforts. .____. ;

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#59 Post by Fungii »

You know, funny thing is that from VN to VN, I always find myself going for a different kinds of guys in each.

I think I tend to go by looks initially, and then the personality goes with it, haha.
Though one trend I notice with myself is that I always tend to go for the age gap routes first. They're always written with the boy I'm persuing being so worried about the age gap I guess I just find it kind of sweet.
Though I don't think I've ever really gone for a 'bad boy' route without it being out of a 100% completion need. Probably because I've never been one for causing trouble in real life too :lol:

IRL...I dunno. I've never really liked a guy irl before except for one. Looks wise I like feminine looking guys but with extremely short haircuts. Lean guys too.
Personality wise I just want a guy that'll make me feel like I can be completely vulnerable around him, since I'm normally rather uh...brutish around my friends.

Veniae
Veteran

#60 Post by Veniae »

Mm, my tastes in fictional guys are completely different from what I look for in 'real' life.

In books/films/games, I always root for the bad boys/aloof, sarcastic guys. In my opinion, they're more interesting to read and write about, because usually there's a lot of character development and intrigue. And Belligerent Sexual Tension. xD I guess I just find this archetype interesting.

On the other hand, IRL I like nice guys who share my interests and are easy to talk to. Preferably with good sense of humour and able to take a joke, because I'm quite the snarker. Appearance-wise, I don't have a type, the only thing is maybe for the guy to be taller than me. Also, to take at least a bit of care of his appearance, and personal hygiene. :D