ReSet Ep 1 : Thief of All Hearts [Visual novel]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

ReSet Ep 1 : Thief of All Hearts [Visual novel]

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

Re:Set is a Visual Novel where you play as Miki, whose boyfriend is lost just before Valentine's day. Then, she met a self-proclaimed detective named Mike and his assistant Gerald... Little does she know, that there is an evil reason for all of these and both Mike and Gerald are involved in a dark business...

Anyways, I really wanted to make short episodic games because big project tires me. So here you go, have fun and don't think too much about it.

Screenshot:

DL link : http://www.mediafire.com/?df4lcq5u1spjwa4
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkmoonfire
Regular
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Tumblr: darkmoonfire

Re: ReSet Ep 1 : Thief of All Hearts [Visual novel]

#2 Post by Darkmoonfire »

I like this, and I'm looking forward to more episodes and more backstory,
and more GeraldxMichelle. They are just too cute together. Love the music box.
Maybe you could make the next episode for NaNoRenO. Of course, I understand you want to take a break before working on the next episode, work on one of your other projects, don't like giving your projects deadlines, if the next episode would take more than a month to make, etc... but I want the next episode.
Good luck on this and all of your other projects. :D

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks a lot, that means a lot to me :D

AsiAao

#4 Post by AsiAao »

For some reason I can't play this game..(QAQ)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

Try redownloading and reopening it by winrar or winzip.

AsiAao

#6 Post by AsiAao »

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It finally worked:)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#8 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I played it, it was really nice! To be honest, the first time I read about the sypnosis, I thought it was a... well, too generic. But reading through it, it was a quite nice read.
And even though I've read it several times already, it's better reading it from the VN.

Before I begin, is it just me, or the... the opening won't play? ._. One time, it just shows me a black screen, in certain cases it shows me only the first frame, lol. But I just decided to play the video directly from the folder before playing.... *shot* Sometimes, Mike's sprite also shows a black rectangle at the side sometimes, but... I guess it's just me.

My favorite scene (aside from the beach scene, which I wrote XD) is the last ones. All of the last scenes. Especially the time when
Michelle took Gerald's chocolate and refuses to give it back, and when Gerald attempts to take it, she went on "crybaby" mode.
It was... TOTALLY AMUSING. It's just so amusing. XD

Sometimes, there were some scenes which I feel weren't elaborated enough, but it explains that this is just episode one. When Gerald and Mike suddenly started
talking about a signal and radar and "that thing" and curses and non-human stuff,
my instant thought was that this isn't just any ordinary "a lost boyfriend" story. I was happy that you aren't on "dark stuff" mode, because if it weren't for your doppelganger story, I wouldn't think someone will die or someone will get brutally killed in the end.

And I was quite glad the not-true endings feels lacking. It made me further try to go on the true ending, which is nice. :)
It's almost like a sudden shift, but after the all-innocent-sounding plotline of a boyfriend disappearing, it shifts to non-humans and demons, but then the "transition" was done rather well, and I applaud you for that. I still can't figure out for the life of me on how to make stories that isn't too fast or so slow.

Sydonai seems like an interesting character, but too bad her face was stomped several times by Gerald. I feel bad for her D: It would have been nice if Sydonai has a sprite in human form, because as soon as she went into demon form, I felt "Well, she did transform. But what was the form she transformed from?" And plus, when Gerald and Mike keep on saying "She's cute", I can't see her face so I can't relate until the CG, which doesn't pass as cute to me at all. I guess the demon form should look pretty, seducing and "daring". And the human form should look like a cute, innocent little girl. XD

And in a random note: AMI, WHY U NOT HELP MIKI FIND HER BOYFRIEND? YOU'RE SUCH A BAD BESTFRIEND //shot a multitude of times

After completing the entirety of the gallery, I can't help but feel disturbed over the Mike-wearing-cat-ears sketch. All the bonus sketches are cute too, especially the one where Mike was standing in front of the mirror with long hair, and Gerald was at the back going LOLWHAT... Ahahahahaha.
The music was nice too, although I feel the one in the main menu is ambient, so something a little more epic should be there. XD
And anyone notice that if you go on the preference screen while on the main menu (or even in the load screen), Mike's eyes will be a little brighter? XD
The music you chose for the scenes was really nice. I was expecting a music box piece somewhere for some reason, like
in the beach scene or when they bought chocolates.

Overall, I find it really nice! I look forward to the next episode~
[It's Gluttony's episode, right?]

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I played it, it was really nice! To be honest, the first time I read about the sypnosis, I thought it was a... well, too generic. But reading through it, it was a quite nice read.
And even though I've read it several times already, it's better reading it from the VN.
Thanks! I don't know how to make a brief description of the game without spoiling anything XD
Before I begin, is it just me, or the... the opening won't play? ._. One time, it just shows me a black screen, in certain cases it shows me only the first frame, lol. But I just decided to play the video directly from the folder before playing.... *shot* Sometimes, Mike's sprite also shows a black rectangle at the side sometimes, but... I guess it's just me.
I think your computer doesn't have the CODEC to play it? I don't know myself~ :D
Sometimes, there were some scenes which I feel weren't elaborated enough, but it explains that this is just episode one. When Gerald and Mike suddenly started
talking about a signal and radar and "that thing" and curses and non-human stuff,
my instant thought was that this isn't just any ordinary "a lost boyfriend" story. I was happy that you aren't on "dark stuff" mode, because if it weren't for your doppelganger story, I wouldn't think someone will die or someone will get brutally killed in the end.
This can be darker and darker as it goes~ :D
Sydonai seems like an interesting character, but too bad her face was stomped several times by Gerald. I feel bad for her D: It would have been nice if Sydonai has a sprite in human form, because as soon as she went into demon form, I felt "Well, she did transform. But what was the form she transformed from?" And plus, when Gerald and Mike keep on saying "She's cute", I can't see her face so I can't relate until the CG, which doesn't pass as cute to me at all. I guess the demon form should look pretty, seducing and "daring". And the human form should look like a cute, innocent little girl. XD
Ooops, I am realy lazy. Next time, I'll make a sprite for the other demons then :)
Overall, I find it really nice! I look forward to the next episode~
[It's Gluttony's episode, right?]
Next episode will be
Greed's
:D

Thanks a lot for the comments! I wish more people will give me reviews~ ^_^

ixWishing
Veteran

#10 Post by ixWishing »

Mhmmmmmmmm .
Just finished playing it!
Lovely as always Azure / Clara ! (: .

Can't wait for the next episode !
Bahh. I knew Mike was a girl at first D: . Cause of the menu screen ; A ;.
Mike looked away too much of a girl in that picture o: . I guess it was the eyes.
Anyways, I hope to see Mike (Michelle) with long hair in a future episode! (:
Maybe you can add on a bit of romance between Michelle & Gerald ! They're wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

ixWishing wrote:Mhmmmmmmmm .
Just finished playing it!
Lovely as always Azure / Clara ! (: .

Can't wait for the next episode !
Bahh. I knew Mike was a girl at first D: . Cause of the menu screen ; A ;.
Mike looked away too much of a girl in that picture o: . I guess it was the eyes.
Anyways, I hope to see Mike (Michelle) with long hair in a future episode! (:
Maybe you can add on a bit of romance between Michelle & Gerald ! They're wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!
I guess I can safely say that they are canon right now :3
And yes, her hair will grow back as the story progress~

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#12 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Um, heehee, this is my first time posting on a thread, so I hope I'm doing this right. ReSet was very interesting. I love mystery novels and when you mix mystery with romance, you've got a very happy me. :D My one disappointment is that I couldn't figure out the right ending right away. I'm such a ditz! XD You said this would be short; however, though when compared to your other games it is indeed shorter, this game is lengthy enough to satisfy the player. Umm, I was a little sad that you could only be with one guy, and that said guy was already going out with you, so you couldn't date him, but I loved the scenes with him, so I don't really mind. I fell in love with Gerald; big mistake considering the ending. I was ready to smack "Michelle" when they got together. LOL. I have issues. Magnificent artwork, animation, and storyline as always. I must say that even though this is not my favorite game of yours, I was certainly kept entertained. I give this one a 7 out of ten. Great job! :)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#13 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Sorry for double-posting. ^_^'' But, if you make a sequal, will you elaborate on the radar and nonhuman things? I feel their a bit...enigmatic.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yes, I've written that this is ep. 1 XD So there's going to be more explanation coming through. Since the main characters are clear now, I'm going to use mike's point of view more often.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#15 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Okay. I look forward to the next episode!