NaNoReNo 2012

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: NaNoReNo 2012

#91 Post by Camille »

Anna wrote:Bring it on >:3! The only problem I foresee is that my script is going to be much smaller than yours haha, but we'll see. current word-count: 6000
We can sort of go based on percentage, then. XD My script should be about 40,000-50,000 words once it's done? I'm at about 13,000 words now.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#92 Post by Anna »

All right and damn, I knew yours was a monster, but still daaaamn. Anyway, once it's done I think I'll have around 13 000 - 16 000 words at the most in total. This VN shows a lot more than it tells too, so it saves me a lot of explaining.

And oops - I'll stop spamming here now ahaha, sorry people! ^^;;

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#93 Post by sake-bento »

You all are crazy. My projected word count is 3,000. @_@

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#94 Post by Deji »

Camille is a machine >>;
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Van Knox
Regular

#95 Post by Van Knox »

I'm a bit late for entering and doing so at this late stage would be completely insane. Needless to say, I'm doing it. I have started working on my script around five minutes ago. This is going to be fun.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#96 Post by Camille »

Deji wrote:Camille is a machine >>;
Explains a lot! XD But no, it'd be great if I really was a machine because then I could get rid of the "sleep" slice in my life pie chart all together. :c

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#97 Post by LVUER »

That's my dream too... I wish I don't to sleep anymore (but not sleep deprivation).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#98 Post by GeneDNC »

Anna wrote:There is nothing to be intimidated about; everyone's still in the beginning phase and just having fun :)! I'm also still writing my butt off, so don't be afraid to join.
Mink wrote:Yeah, you shouldn't be intimidated by others' work. Like, if I feel bad about my art, I just go, "Welp, Jo Chen's art didn't always look as good as it does now. Besides, she's got a head start on me."
Well I am more inspired than intimidated, which I think makes all the difference. I will get around to putting up a WIP eventually.

As for progress, I've worked on my vn before but haven't made much actual progress apart from planning. I extended the original story so had to make some changes to the outline. It's still a short story though, I'm estimating about 1500-2000 words total, so anything over that will be great. If I have time I plan to either expand the story or add another short "episode", so to speak. I work full time and study part time so unfortunately vn-making hasn't been that high on my priority list. The purpose of my project is mainly to get familiar with coding and GUI customisation, since I found I really enjoy that, so those are what I will focus on. And yes, not needing to sleep would be most advantageous.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#99 Post by Mink »

sake-bento wrote:You all are crazy. My projected word count is 3,000. @_@
This. Sort of; I'm more in the mind set of 'it'll be as long or as short as it is'. If it's that short, I might just go back and rewrite/lengthen it after the month is over.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#100 Post by Deji »

Camille wrote: Explains a lot! XD But no, it'd be great if I really was a machine because then I could get rid of the "sleep" slice in my life pie chart all together. :c
I seriously don't know how you do it >_<
I *need* to sleep about 8-10 hours a night to function properly, and on top of that, I take sleep-induction pills because otherwise I'm unable to fall asleep, no matter how tired, in less than one hour of changing positions on the bed =____=; And those pills also make me sleepy in the morning...

I wish I could sleep less and don't be all sleepy during the day, so I could work more on, well, everything! ;_;

Anyway... I'm so proud of everybody working on nano projects! They all look so cool!!! I can't wait to play them!! :D

Good luck to everybody!!!! (I probably already said this before, but my memory sucks in the morning "Orz)
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#101 Post by Camille »

6-7 hours is my ideal. If I sleep more than 8 hours, I wake up feeling tired as if I hadn't slept at all, so I try to avoid that. 3.5 hours is about the bare minimum I need in order to get through the day... 4-5 hours is about how much I normally get. Sometimes I will just not sleep at all and then take 1-2 hour power naps throughout the day. I find it hard to fall asleep, too, but recently I've been using these Amemakura CDs and they work wonders. (though I am a very auditory person, so that's probably why they work well on me in particular)

It's kind of hard because I write/work best at night once the sun has gone down, so my "golden period" for working is between 8PM - 2AM. ^^;;; 99% of all my work on BCM, Ristorante, etc has been done about that time. One of these days I want to transition into a polyphasic sleep schedule, though. There really just aren't enough hours in a day for me to work on things if I sleep 1/3rd of the day away.

ANYWAY I have probably hijacked this thread enough with my uhhh demonicness? Machineness? So good luck to everyone~ I think as long as you start before the 10th, you should still have a reasonable amount of time to get something done... Might just not be that long/large of a project. :O Figure out how much you can do with the amount of time you have and then work diligently every day to make sure you meet your quota and finish. That's really all there is to it.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#102 Post by Anna »

Haha!...ha! @_@... I finished 1 out of the 3 routes last night, I'm going for finishing the second route tonight. *gets provisions for the night* I'll survive tomorrow... somehow.

By the way, who else is using flow charts in bliss during the writing stage? I still needed to do it for the separate routes and it takes some time, but it's so useful.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#103 Post by CheeryMoya »

Deji wrote: I *need* to sleep about 8-10 hours a night to function properly, and on top of that, I take sleep-induction pills because otherwise I'm unable to fall asleep, no matter how tired, in less than one hour of changing positions on the bed =____=;
Finally, someone else who values reasonable sleep schedules! I used to have trouble falling asleep too until I finally pestered my mom into letting take some melatonin supplements. Even though I've been staying up to 10:30PM recently (sometimes longer), I'm actually feeling refreshed in the mornings now. Yay for no more waking up randomly at 3, 4, or 5 o'clock in the morn!
Camille wrote:6-7 hours is my ideal. If I sleep more than 8 hours, I wake up feeling tired as if I hadn't slept at all, so I try to avoid that. 3.5 hours is about the bare minimum I need in order to get through the day... 4-5 hours is about how much I normally get. Sometimes I will just not sleep at all and then take 1-2 hour power naps throughout the day.
Camille is no longer a human. I swear, that goes against all laws of nature :C

And bah, I'm not going to let NaNo take away my precious sleeping hours D:< Not until the last week, anyway ._.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#104 Post by Anna »

CheeryMoya wrote: And bah, I'm not going to let NaNo take away my precious sleeping hours D:< Not until the last week, anyway ._.
Oh, I definitely don't encourage skipping sleep if you don't have to! Sleep is good <3~

I just have to do this, because I have assignments to do tomorrow and Friday/Saturday I need to start on the sprites and GUI, so that's when the script will be done. I think Camille has little choice too.

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#105 Post by Mink »

CheeryMoya wrote:
Camille wrote:6-7 hours is my ideal. If I sleep more than 8 hours, I wake up feeling tired as if I hadn't slept at all, so I try to avoid that. 3.5 hours is about the bare minimum I need in order to get through the day... 4-5 hours is about how much I normally get. Sometimes I will just not sleep at all and then take 1-2 hour power naps throughout the day.
Camille is no longer a human. I swear, that goes against all laws of nature :C

And bah, I'm not going to let NaNo take away my precious sleeping hours D:< Not until the last week, anyway ._.
Eh, I'm kind of the same way. If I only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep, I'm dead on my feet. Between 6-7 is best, because if I sleep like 8+ hours, I'm exhausted. Also, the later I go to bed the more likely I'll actually sleep through the night and not wake up repeatedly, or wake up and lay there thinking about...random crap as the madness slowly sets in*.
Anna wrote:By the way, who else is using flow charts in bliss during the writing stage? I still needed to do it for the separate routes and it takes some time, but it's so useful.
I should probably do that rather than, "wing it and see where it goes", but at least it's just a linear story. And I'm sort of cheating by typing it straight into jEdit, and programming stuff like backgrounds as a I go.

Edit: Now I have this song stuck in my head. 8|

*Okay, that's actually me referencing an XKCD comic where the character can't sleep and is steadily going insane
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*