Anago Love [GxB][2012]-Demo

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Aurehan
Regular

Anago Love [GxB][2012]-Demo

#1 Post by Aurehan »

Anago Love! (THEY'RE EELS. EELS.)
http://anago.crap.jp/ Eels.
Story Writting: 20%
Coding: 32%
Art: 80% (CGS > v 0 b)
Music: 50%
Aure's Progress Blog: http://aurehan.tumblr.com
[Otome] > v o b.............................
You play as a quirky, ill-dressed relationship-virgin student attending an elite fashion school.
I-in Japan.

Character Blurbs: (will add more as I get more progress done)
Name: Hikari Himezawa
-Designs Men's fashion
-Stays in the dorm
-Is easily inspired
-Obsessed with anagos (she makes them for almost every person she meets)

The school principal. No one has ever seen his face, and he does not like to be called anything but "boss". He picks on Hikari a lot. He also tries to set her up with other guys.
-???
-A mother figure

He's the new kid, and he sticks around Hikari a lot even after she's given him the tour. They're also in quite a few classes together.
-Bubbly
-Cheery
-Clingy
-Designs clothes for Women/Children

Another student in the school. He's from the modeling department. He'll take Hikari's things and pretend to be "backpack-chan" for her.
-Huge ego
-Childish
-Loves ladiess
-Somewhat obnoxious
-Model

He's must be some kind of ghost or something. You think you might have seen him, then he vanishes. He has some strange rumors surrounding him as well.
-Quiet
-Easily scares off company
-Often disappears then reappears
-Related to the "boss"
-Costume designer

SO.. I THOUGHT I SHOULD JOIN IN, EVEN IF IT'S LATE.. BECAUSE DEADLINES ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN FINISH THINGS. AND-AND-THIS HAS BEEN FLOATING AROUND IN MY HEAD SINCE SEPTEMBER.
But everything's still in sketches and all messy sorryyy/sob

Feel free to tell me you're interested how you think!
Last edited by Aurehan on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The two most important days of your life are
the day you are born, and the day you find out why.
"
[♦] Mark Twain

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: Anago Love [GxB][2012]

#2 Post by Camille »

This sounds and looks amazingly quirky! It should make for a very interesting experience. Please finish this VN! ;_; I would absolutely love to play it. (I love those anago things xD)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by CheeryMoya »

I'm here for the anago, I swear! Cute guys are just a bonus... Though you might want to send warning to Yuudai that I'll be watching him @_@

Standard 3 boy stereotypes, check. All bishies, check. A setting that isn't a generic high school, I'm in. This will probably be a very lighthearted otome, and I'm in need of something that isn't super dark (why do I gravitate towards those things when I write?) every once in a while. Still, you might have a few tricks up your sleeve to surprise us, so I'll stay on my toes. Looking forward to this one :3

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#4 Post by Deji »

Anagoooos!!! xD

This looks really fun, love the character portraits you have posted!

Good luck! ^___^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Holy crap!! This game may just be the game of my dreams *_____* I freaking love anagos
I really like the portraits you put up!! and now feel compelled to follow you on tumblr
I love the idea of anagos in fashion school hehehe *U*;;
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

#6 Post by Guest »

*Passes CheeryMoya the popcorn and sits back to watch Yuudai.*

It seems the eel patterns is linked to what the boys are wearing so I like that eel!Hideki is technically nekid! It totally fits his personality. (Or he has really faint lines that I can't see on this monitor so they don't count.)

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#7 Post by GeneDNC »

The above guest post is mine. I somehow got logged out without noticing. :roll:

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#8 Post by Tag- »

This definitely seems like an interesting premise; I'm curious as to how things will turn out :D
The eels are definitely a good motif, they're really cute~ xD I'm liking the how the characters are looking too~

Best of luck for completion :D
PM me if needed

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#9 Post by teacup »

Oh, goodness. This looks so adorable (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ* The fashion school setting is one I haven't seen before, so I really hope to see this finished!
Are they actually eels [like Hatoful Boyfriend] or are you just basing their design off of the anagos?

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#10 Post by ShadowBerry »

Looks so cute! and I love the concept, reminfs me of Paradise kiss ^_^
way to go and I really wanna play it at the end of the month :P
Own project:

Aurehan
Regular

#11 Post by Aurehan »

LARGE POST IS LARGE.

Ohmygoodness akjshdkfjhsd Ididn'texpectanyonetolookatthis thanks for all the support, guys!
Camille wrote:This sounds and looks amazingly quirky! It should make for a very interesting experience. Please finish this VN! ;_; I would absolutely love to play it. (I love those anago things xD)
KASLJHD I- Thank you so much! I'll definitely try my best to finish! xD I'm glad you like the anagos!<3
CheeryMoya wrote:I'm here for the anago, I swear! Cute guys are just a bonus... Though you might want to send warning to Yuudai that I'll be watching him @_@
Standard 3 boy stereotypes, check. All bishies, check. A setting that isn't a generic high school, I'm in. This will probably be a very lighthearted otome, and I'm in need of something that isn't super dark (why do I gravitate towards those things when I write?) every once in a while. Still, you might have a few tricks up your sleeve to surprise us, so I'll stay on my toes. Looking forward to this one :3
Ahaha xD I'm glad you like [Yuudai's design and] the setting! :,D I honestly think I put to much effort into that boy's design. QnQ His anago took the longest to make, honestly. YnY
Deji wrote:Anagoooos!!! xD
This looks really fun, love the character portraits you have posted!
Good luck! ^___^
Reikun wrote:Holy crap!! This game may just be the game of my dreams *_____* I freaking love anagos
I really like the portraits you put up!! and now feel compelled to follow you on tumblr
I love the idea of anagos in fashion school hehehe *U*;;
Tag- wrote:This definitely seems like an interesting premise; I'm curious as to how things will turn out :D
The eels are definitely a good motif, they're really cute~ xD I'm liking the how the characters are looking too~
Best of luck for completion :D
akjshdkjhf Ohh Q__Q Thank you all so much! <3
GeneDNC wrote:*Passes CheeryMoya the popcorn and sits back to watch Yuudai.*
It seems the eel patterns is linked to what the boys are wearing so I like that eel!
Y everyone like the megane!?/shot Really though, it doesn't seem like anyone likes the other onesI'm starting to think I might need to take Yuudai's design down a notch.
Hideki is technically nekid! It totally fits his personality. (Or he has really faint lines that I can't see on this monitor so they don't count.)
Oh my God, I laughed so hard when I read this. The anago actually does have faint spots on it, since I wanted to keep the yellow without having to give him a bright yellow shirt.. Where the black shirt fits in though, I don'tevenknow.
anago241328.jpg
anago241328.jpg (20.63 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
teacup wrote:Oh, goodness. This looks so adorable (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ* The fashion school setting is one I haven't seen before, so I really hope to see this finished!
Are they actually eels [like Hatoful Boyfriend] or are you just basing their design off of the anagos?
<3 QUQ__ Thank you so much! And no, the MC actually makes anagos for each of the guys after she meets them (in the story). I had based the guys' designs on their anagos though!
It would have been like Hatoful boyfriend, but.. eels don't have arms, so I was thinking it might have gotten awkward if I made them design clothes. Hideki prolly wouldn't have had a problem, though.
ShadowBerry wrote:Looks so cute! and I love the concept, reminfs me of Paradise kiss ^_^
way to go and I really wanna play it at the end of the month :P
Thank you! <33 I'll try my best to finish on time! Even if it's just the story. uvu/shot
On a totally different note: o gosh paradise kiss, really? lkajshdf i still need to read that! =_="

Update! ~<3
[Hideki 秀樹] , [Shin 真], [Yuudai 雄大]
[Hideki 秀樹] , [Shin 真], [Yuudai 雄大]
So, I've been able to line the sprites and work on the interface a little~ but I'm having a little trouble choosing between the two start menus D: (I'm also not sure of whether I should add in a love rival or not.. I'm opting against it because I want to keep it simple, but I'm afraid it might take away from the story if I do.. DDD:) C-can you tell me what you think? ; v ;
otheranago_lovegame copy.png
anago_love_1.png
(And yes.. the 500x600 screen resolution was inspired by mobile otome games uvu I'msounoriginal/shot andlazy/shot again)
"
[♦] Mark Twain

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#12 Post by clua »

Aurehan wrote: Update! ~<3
anagobabeslines.png
So, I've been able to line the sprites and work on the interface a little~ but I'm having a little trouble choosing between the two start menus D: (I'm also not sure of whether I should add in a love rival or not.. I'm opting against it because I want to keep it simple, but I'm afraid it might take away from the story if I do.. DDD:) C-can you tell me what you think? ; v ;
otheranago_lovegame copy.png
anago_love_1.png
(And yes.. the 500x600 screen resolution was inspired by mobile otome games uvu I'msounoriginal/shot andlazy/shot again)

Ohh I like the first interface you did..But I think the title of the game should stand out more..Maybe a little bit bigger and with other color? And opting to add a rival..I think it would be an interesting add but its something you must choose since you are going to be the one who is going to write/draw/prog....Anyway good luck with it XD...I used to make a lot of anagos(with the intention to draw gijinkas in the future...)But I formated my pc and they are all lost lol
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by CheeryMoya »

Aurehan wrote:Y everyone like the megane!?/shot Really though, it doesn't seem like anyone likes the other onesI'm starting to think I might need to take Yuudai's design down a notch.
We all love meganes because they are meganes, that is why. IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO YUUDAI I SWEAR I WILL- I mean, nuu~ Yuudai is perfect the way he is~<3

If you're trying to emulate a mobile device, then the first menu screen would be better IMO. Cute, clean, and simple is all you need. A love rival doesn't always need to be present in otomes, but if you want to draw one up and write her, then by all means do so.

Aurehan
Regular

#14 Post by Aurehan »

clua wrote:Ohh I like the first interface you did..But I think the title of the game should stand out more..Maybe a little bit bigger and with other color? And opting to add a rival..I think it would be an interesting add but its something you must choose since you are going to be the one who is going to write/draw/prog....Anyway good luck with it XD...I used to make a lot of anagos(with the intention to draw gijinkas in the future...)But I formated my pc and they are all lost lol
LOL I did the same thing xD Although, I made too many and ended up not having time to make any gijinkas so I just deleted the anagos YuY.
And thank you for the input! I think I'll be going with the first one after all, then. I tried playing with it a little to make the title stand out more, too, and this is what I came up with:
otheranago_lovegamecopy.png
otheranago_lovegamecopy.png
I don't know what other color to use for the text, so I figured maybe making it clear and adding a shadow would do the trick :,D Then I made the second one.
CheeryMoya wrote:
Aurehan wrote:Y everyone like the megane!?/shot Really though, it doesn't seem like anyone likes the other ones.. I'm starting to think I might need to take Yuudai's design down a notch.
We all love meganes because they are meganes, that is why. IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO YUUDAI I SWEAR I WILL- I mean, nuu~ Yuudai is perfect the way he is~<3
If you're trying to emulate a mobile device, then the first menu screen would be better IMO. Cute, clean, and simple is all you need. A love rival doesn't always need to be present in otomes, but if you want to draw one up and write her, then by all means do so.
KAJHSD LOL OK.
Then maybe megane CG's for the other boys, then. >:D/shot
ORZ I don't think I will be putting in a love rival.. I feel like I'll clutter up the story if I do. D:
Yeah. I probably will end up doing so anyways./shot
"
[♦] Mark Twain

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by CheeryMoya »

Make the title a littler darker if you want it to stand out more since it blends in a bit too well with the rest of the menu. IDK, just what I think.
Aurehan wrote:
Then maybe megane CG's for the other boys, then. >:D/shot
DO IT Nah, no need to ^^ I like all your boys just the way they are <3 But Yuudai gets first priority because he is the megane.