Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#106 Post by try10 »

I've also seen School Days and I've laughted so much that I couldn't possibly hate it.

The whole plot seemed funny to me.( I mean that guy Makoto was plain and dumb looking so I really had no ideea why those stupid girls were so obsessed with him. Kotonoha was so crazy and stupid that I couldn't even pity her... The final episode was EPIC!:D

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#107 Post by HigurashiKira »

OtomeWeekend wrote:um... unless it was a fantasy crap H-game, I think our average H-game is far closer to home than in school days. I mean, first of all, if you murder someone, you'll get caught by the police or at least the first to see the scene(aka Kotonoha or something near that) should have reported it to the police on the spot and not just slap the othe girl(setsuna i think), then kill her too later to SEE a baby which might be just a few months or weeks old that it might just be blood(and you learn that in elementary. Kotonoha is an honor student or crap so she doesn't know that?) then chop your bf and ride in a cruise hugging his head while watching the sunset. Consulting a psychologist would be highly recommended especially to kotonoha who is just sooo stupid and ignorant to the facts she should face, and to her messed-up brain who thought chopping someone after being killed is okay.

Are we near sanity or near home? No. Pretend that you are one of the girls or just Kotonoha(because Setsuna might be quite understandable), maybe you are just too in love with that manwhore or you might have gone nuts after being betrayed 1231707418times. Or I don't know.
lol, this was my 999th post...
Anime was ridiculous, not denying that. But the game is much more believable.
And( To stop being the only one here who legitimately enjoyed SD here) let's all agree it's a love it or hate it type of series.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#108 Post by clua »

Hmm what i disliked were:
Elfen lied(lol klimt...I couldnt take serious elfen lied...The drama seemed like a joke)
Hellgirl(...It remind me of Vampire Princess Miyu which I did enjoyed...But I didnt found Hellgirl something out of ordinary)
Oreimo(I cheked out the manga before the anime, and I thought everything seemed kind of forced...Welp Kuroneko was fun)
tsubasa cronicles(No)
And..an anime..I think its called princess lover or something?--The fanservice was incredible forced(I dont even remember why I watched it)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

misamane
Regular

#109 Post by misamane »

SO MUCH HATE ON SCHOOL DAYS GUHHHHHHHHHH ;_; It's funny because it's probably the worst Anime I've watched but I just love it so much...
I think I've actually liked every Anime I've watched though which is kind of weird.
Careful what you do, ‘cause God is watching your every move. Hold my hand in the dark street, for if you do I know that I’ll be safe. Even if I’m far away and alone, I can be sure that you’ll find me there, this I know. You draw me close for a while, so quiet. You tell me everything. If I forget what you say, then you’d come to me, and tell me again. Yes you’d tell me once again. But what happens when I know it all, then what should I do after that? What then?

Part of the huge LSF project: LemmaTV: Television that watches you!

dreamingdaze
Regular

#110 Post by dreamingdaze »

Easily School Days, not because of the poor realistic tension but because of the sheer pretentiousness of it all. When I watched it, it was practically screaming "this is a serious and realistic drama."

Ok.

Well, I'll give points on having an actual bad ending that defied the normal harem stereotype. I don't like the stereotypical "all girls love the main character" deal, but that is a big fantasy in a lot of anime, so I won't take points away from that. But what was worse in my opinion was the "realistic" part with the excessive out of character drama induced actions.

Example being the ridiculous threesome (or was it a foursome? Honestly, that was just dumb and showing the H-game roots). Out of character and I can only attribute to lazy writing. In fact, all the characters are stereotypes and filled with lazy development, if that. Bullied girl goes crazy? Check. Childhood friend begs main character to look her way only? Check. Main character is indecisive? Check. Not a single strong character in the bunch (girls are begging the guys to love them only and the guys are either 1. indecisive and cheats all the time or 2. the rapist friend.)

The thing that offends me is not the lazy writing or outrageous plot twists, but merely the complete waste of any potential. You can easily handle a controversial idea carefully and not go over the top (Koi Kaze) or heck, shove all pretense aside and just go all fanservice if that is what sells (Kanokon, a lot of harem anime). The visual novel was only an improvement in terms of some control, but I believe there were some random choices that led to fairly over the top ends. However, that is at least better than School Days anime for lack of lazy writing that was trying to shove the famous bad endings down the viewers' throats. The only good thing I can say is it is the equivalent of a Jerry Springer anime, filled with nothing but over the top characters that shock and amuse, but never enlighten or touch. Perhaps that's a bit harsh in terms of comparing other anime (that at least didn't fail in all aspects of story, character, and development arc), but it has the same appeal in my mind.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#111 Post by silenteve »

clua wrote: And..an anime..I think its called princess lover or something?--The fanservice was incredible forced(I dont even remember why I watched it)
I think you might be talking about Princess Princess. The manga is better than the anime.

If this was manga, I'd have a whole list but since it's anime....
I hated Milky Holmes and Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? Horrible, horrible things. I finished them out of obligation (I can't stand to go through half an anime and not finish.) I kept watching because I thought it'd get better but it didn't. :(

The Hellsing anime sucked. Animation was half-assed and I somehow preferred the English dub, which almost never happens.
Kuroshitsuji Season 2. Everything was fine until the ending happened and it made me hate the whole damn thing so much.
Blood-C: Couldn't get through the first episode, IDK why.
Eiken: Because it's Eiken. And little girls don't have boobs that touch the ground.
Fortune Arterial: Ok, this wasn't THAT bad, but it was almost the most boring anime I've ever seen. Not one speck of originality in this thing. Maybe the game is better but the anime sucked.
I hate Ponyo.
Gakuen Heaven because of all those boys and no fan-service or storyline.
High School of the Dead OVA: No fighting, only f-s.
The Place Promised in Our Early Days: Boring, so boring.
100 Centimeters a second : Same, boring, horribly boring.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

AxemRed
Veteran

#112 Post by AxemRed »

silenteve wrote:
clua wrote: And..an anime..I think its called princess lover or something?--The fanservice was incredible forced(I dont even remember why I watched it)
I think you might be talking about Princess Princess. The manga is better than the anime.
Princess Lover

g_michaelis
Projects: Hymn from heaven-39%
Organization: Leaves Fall Down THE TEAM

#113 Post by g_michaelis »

Hiiro no Kakera, does anyone even watch it? Originally from a game but got its anime this year ....everytime they engaged in a battle they will lose and lose and lose....until the last episode, but it doesn't mean they win.
Nothing much to say here

http://g-michaelis.blogspot.com/
Just started a new blog, can check it out

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#114 Post by LVUER »

g_michaelis wrote:everytime they engaged in a battle they will lose and lose and lose....until the last episode, but it doesn't mean they win.
That because in some (certain) games, better things happen ONLY if you lose ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Ricocchi
Projects: Saundersi :Level 7

#115 Post by Ricocchi »

Zero no tsukaima. I was expecting a lot with that kind of theme, plus they have 4 seasons already when I started watching.
however, it is so predictable and shallow, they drop the potential. After season 2, I stopped to expect more and watchhed the rest of the seasons with this kind of face : (=___=)
Image My current project. CLICK ON IT

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Junjou Romantica, that new anime made by the same person who did Junjou (the one about manga publishers?), Kirepapa, Papa to Kiss in the Dark, Gakuen Heaven (BL Academy, seriously), Okane ga Nai... basically every yaoi/shounen-ai/BL anime I've ever watched, with the exceptions of Gravitation (which was okay, and was at least consistent compared to the manga), Sukisho (it had a pretty cool plot, even though it had the same annoying uke/seme dynamic going on with it that most yaoi/shounen-ai does), and... well, I guess Loveless, but only to an extent.

Also, I'm not sure if No. 6 counts or not I mean, I know it pretty much does, but like... technically they don't get together, so idk., but if so, it is also among my favorites. ; w ; b Though, that's technically off-topic for this thread...

It's sorta the same with shoujo-ai/yuri. Strawberry Panic was one of the most boring things I have ever watched... and honestly, most GL anime and manga tend to be pretty boring overall. Someone please direct me to one with likable characters, not the lame archetypes that are essentially copy/pasted from series to series.

OH, AND TOGAINU NO CHI
OH GOD
Just... wow. I remember watching the last episode, the lazy, low-quality, recycled animations provoking a mixture of detached amusement and disbelief that a show could get quite that bad quite that fast. It was freaking... jesus. orz

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#117 Post by MaiMai »

g_michaelis wrote:Hiiro no Kakera, does anyone even watch it? Originally from a game but got its anime this year ....everytime they engaged in a battle they will lose and lose and lose....until the last episode, but it doesn't mean they win.
I tried watching this, but it suffered from Deen Studio face animations.

Man reading through this makes me realize how I have not been watching any anime whatsoever since I'm assuming most everything is moe crap/I'm lazy. I should fix that.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

izukwon
Regular
Projects: Saundersi: Level 7

#118 Post by izukwon »

God grace I don't have any worst anime that I've watched. I would simply stop watching if I find it boring. Ngahaha.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#119 Post by papillon »

Victoria Jennings wrote: It's sorta the same with shoujo-ai/yuri. Strawberry Panic was one of the most boring things I have ever watched... and honestly, most GL anime and manga tend to be pretty boring overall. Someone please direct me to one with likable characters, not the lame archetypes that are essentially copy/pasted from series to series.
I still watched the Strawberry Panic anime as a guilty pleasure but I couldn't recommend it to anyone. The manga was better but stopped after two volumes... apparently the manga's story continues in the light novel but argh, I gave up after that. (I'd still play the game in a heartbeat if it were an option, but it's not.)

On the other hand, I really liked Aoi Hana. Not everyone does as it's a bit slow/slice-of-life-y and a lot more realistic than wacky anime hijinks. (But I hate slice of life and I'm STILL recommending it!)

I haven't read the manga of that at all and probably should eventually, I don't generally follow manga much.

Heisenberg
Regular
Organization: Los Pollos Hermanos

#120 Post by Heisenberg »

Boku no Pico
Just.....trust me
You think I'm in danger? Skyler, I am the danger.