[April Fools] ICE MOUNTAIN Baby! Band Crash!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Untramen

[April Fools] ICE MOUNTAIN Baby! Band Crash!

#1 Post by Untramen »

THIS IS NOT A GAME.
This is an April's Fools prank.
This game will not run properly and crash.
This is intended.

Any requests on "how to run this game" are therefore fruitless.

Thank you.
ICE MOUNTAIN, Baby! Band Crash! ver. 1.01 is finally released!
This is what you've all been waiting for! Get to see ICE MOUNTAIN up close and personal like you've never seen them before!

Can you defrost these young men's hearts?
Download Links
Windows + Patch (take this folder and drop it into the main folder next to to the application)
You are a new English teacher at Hachigata-jou Minami primary school, and you're suddenly invited to become ICE MOUNTAIN's new manager. Before long, you find yourself at the center of these 5 young men's lives.

Projected play time: 5 hours total
INTRODUCING GAME FEATURES:
11 PLAYABLE ROUTES

Each bandmember has two routes each, with an included secret route once you complete all 10!

MUSIC ROOM
Take a listen to some of some of Kiyoteru and ICE MOUNTAIN's originals!

CUSTOMIZE-ABLE PROTAGONIST
You can choose your appearance! Immerse yourself further in the world of ICE MOUNTAIN by selecting outfits you want to wear! There are more unlock-able clothing options as the game goes on, so be on the lookout for more sweet threads.

DYNAMIC CUTSCENES
The cutscenes even change depending on the appearance you choose! In the CG gallery you can even change your look in the CGs you've unlocked.

WEEKLY SCHEDULE PLANNING
You are ICE MOUNTAIN's manager! It's your job to polish these diamonds in the rough until they shine, shine, shine! Plan each member's schedule according to their needs. You can schedule music lessons, band appearances, dates, free time, and more! Be careful though! They all have their own day jobs, so if you overwork them they might not be as willing to listen to you... Keep a good relationship with all of them to bring out their maximum potential!

I hope you enjoy the game.

Special thanks to DragoonHP, Leon, and the game studio Twin Turtle Games for their spectacular help on this game!
Last edited by Untramen on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ICE MOUNTAIN Baby! Band Crash!

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

Mang, this looks even better than when I was beta-testing this game C: Seriously, seeing all the art come together into this one giant VN is amazing (especially when you consider this was done by mouse). I gotta tell you, I spent 7 hours on this game because the customization on the protag was so great *_*
The best secret outfit was Haruto's, I'm still amazed you were able to put all that detail into that pic O:
I think I spent too much cash on clothes and not enough on the boys though ;-;

Still, even with the suggestions I gave you, there's a lot to be improved.
Writing:
I still gotta say that Akito's route was my favorite, because he is such a sweetheart. That scene when he took you to his house, I still HHNNNNNGGGGGGG thinking about it <3 He was the most memorable and romantic of the whole band, and I really felt like you made a good interpretation from the canon info. On the other hand, you have Haruto, whose route I thought was the weakest. Haruto comes off as being really contrived and in the end he's a little flat :/ Most of the drama came from his family, and there was nothing about himself. I mean, his family is a part from him, but NONE of the conflict came from him.
Art: Still amazed this was all done via mouse Q_Q It's... too... PRETTY. Still, I see a few of your old images, and they're really not up to par with some of the CGs D: You should redraw them eventually.

Music: What can I say? ICE MOUNTAIN originals make this game totally worth it <3 Although not all the songs could cover moods, I see you did your best to match up scenes with an appropriate song.

TL;DR: Akito is the best, Haruto sucks, OMG art, music is sweet.

Hope y'all enjoy it like I did C:

EDIT: April Fools is over and the joke should be clear by now. This game was made as a prank and any and all difficulties in getting the game to run is intentional. The crashing error after you meet all the bandmates is also intentional, and that is the end of the game.
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compulsive Liar
Regular
Projects: Sentimental Dreamers

#3 Post by Compulsive Liar »

This looks pretty sweet. I can't wait to how the scheduling works.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Unfortunately, I don't have a Linux computer. When you're able to release Windows and Mac versions of your game, please do so.
Untramen wrote:You are a new English teacher at Hachigata-jou Minami primary school, and you're suddenly invited to become ICE MOUNTAIN's new manager. Before long, you find yourself at the center of these 5 young men's lives.
Keep in mind that "primary school" can mean something different from what you probably intended, depending on where you live...

Untramen

#5 Post by Untramen »

This game was originally meant to commemorate 200+ Followers on my askblog for these 5 characters.
You can see the post on my original blog here.

Kiyoteru Hiyama is a Vocaloid released by AH Software in 2009 and he was given a story and a band called ICE MOUNTAIN.
You can read more on ICE MOUNTAIN here.

This is purely a fan made game. This was a non-profit project and if the creators or any of the music producers wish for me to take this game down, I would like to ask all of you to delete the game as well (assuming you downloaded it).

I greatly apologize for any inconsistencies in art and writing, this has been a long project for me and my drawing and writing styles have changed over time since I started the project. All the art was drawn by me using a mouse.
What does the ver. 1.01 mean? Ver. 1.00 is actually my first draft of the game that contained just scripted events and the base story for my own personal amusement. It wasn't I decided to get serious about it that it became ver. 1.01.

It's been a long process and I couldn't have done it without everyone's help. Thank you all for your patience.
I'll post up some dev notes and hints about routes over the course of the week, so if you familiarize yourself with ICE MOUNTAIN and are still stuck, wait a bit.

Don't hesitate to tell me if there's any bugs or problems in the game! I'd like to hear your comments and criticism! And yes, all versions of the game have been uploaded successfully. The first post is now updated with all the links.

SolitaryGrimAngel

#6 Post by SolitaryGrimAngel »

D: It doesn't work on my PC. It says it cannot load one of the files...

Magicprincess20
Regular

#7 Post by Magicprincess20 »

I get a traceback error, So i hope you can fix this
Attachments
traceback.txt
(799 Bytes) Downloaded 265 times

Armyfyr

#8 Post by Armyfyr »

I haven't been active on this community for a while (not that I've ever posted tons, obviously, but I used to lurk quite a lot) so I haven't actually seen or heard of this game. Nevertheless, I'm in the middle of downloading - can't say no to a 100+ mb VN! It looks like it has been a lot of work, so congratulations on the release. Looking forward to playing :>

I'll give some proper feedback later! Art looks pretty adorable by the way.

Edit: My game keeps crashing! I'm using a Mac. "And that's how I started as their manager" is the last sentence before "an exception has occurred" :(

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#9 Post by Raindrops »

I got the same traceback error as Magicprincess20, so I ended up putting it in my game folder and launching it on RenPy launcher. However, it then gives me this:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Module _errorhandling could not be loaded.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Anita\Downloads\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 276, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\Anita\Downloads\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\main.py", line 222, in main
  File "C:\Users\Anita\Downloads\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\exports.py", line 1409, in load_module
  File "C:\Users\Anita\Downloads\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\script.py", line 189, in load_module
Exception: Module _errorhandling could not be loaded.

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646

I click ignore, and the main menu appears, but then when I start a new game it appears again - this time I can't ignore it.
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton

Untramen

#10 Post by Untramen »

It appears that during the upload of the Windows version, a folder went missing.

Download this and place it in the main folder and everything should start working fine.

I'm sorry this had to happen. Uploading these files was kind of tricky, and somehow one of the files went missing in the Windows version.
I'll try to address other bugs later, but for now this should be ok.

Magicprincess20
Regular

#11 Post by Magicprincess20 »

I get the game to work, and the game start good but in the middle of the game, I for a Traceback error again and when i click igoner the main menu of the game come up, can you please try to fix this?

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#12 Post by leon »

This is an amazing piece of work. I'm surprised this is available for free.

I'm not really a fan of these sort of games (or the band), but I must say the gameplay is fantastic.

Was event scheduling done with the dating engine or is it all done from scratch?

Perhaps the crash people are having is because of animations? I think there is a short animation, just at a point where people have reported the crash. If that's the case, you may need to use a lower resolution, so it can run on low end computers or maybe create an alternate version.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#13 Post by Hijiri »

Finished playing this, and I have to say...wow.

That was so beautifully written, and the ending left me feeling so many emotions that I just can't explain in text! The managment was also marvelous, I really liked how perfect it flowed with the story as well.

And as for that crash, maybe the others must have gotten corrupted as they downloaded it?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

NyxMidnightt

#14 Post by NyxMidnightt »

the game crashes right after she says "and thats how I started as their manager"
the traceback won't exactly open so I don't know how should I post it

"Mac Version"

lillyisawesomeee

#15 Post by lillyisawesomeee »

I also had a traceback error. :C
I put the commons folder into the main too. But it had an error shortly after the introduction of the band members.
Windows version.
------

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 475, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 475, in python
Exception: jump band manage

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Lillypad!\Documents\Renpy Games\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 261, in run
File "C:\Users\Lillypad!\Documents\Renpy Games\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 630, in execute
File "C:\Users\Lillypad!\Documents\Renpy Games\ICE MOUNTAIN Baby!-win32\renpy\python.py", line 978, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/script.rpy", line 475, in <module>
Exception: jump band manage

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646
Ice Mountain Game 0.0

Edit!: ...not cool bro. ;____;

Code: Select all

Exception: April Fools, suckers!