ReSet Ep 2 : Under the Golden Sun [NaNoRenO][VN]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ixWishing
Veteran

Re: ReSet Ep 2 : Under the Golden Sun [NaNoRenO][VN]

#16 Post by ixWishing »

Sorry for double posting!
Loved the game! What's the next sin? c: .

Ahh. I'm seriously falling in love with your games more & more, especially since the Fantasia times! ^^;; .
I hope you'll plan the next episode when you can!
Take your time!

Also, I seriously LOVE the Cgs & the main menu !
Your main menus & Cgs look so pretty nowadays <3 (: .
- Everlasting Dreams ;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you! I thank Lumen for the effects XD Have you got the last one?

I wonder what everyone's guesses about Gerald now that I've explained more about him~

The next sin? I was thinking envy or gluttony.

ixWishing
Veteran

#18 Post by ixWishing »

azureXtwilight wrote:Thank you! I thank Lumen for the effects XD Have you got the last one?
If you were talking about all 3 endings + the bonus epilogue, then yupp! [: .
And thus, the mystery about Gerald increases! Cx .

& Hmmm.
Personally, I would like to see envy because this episode was about
Greed

I personally think those two connect with each other xP .
For example, one wants more (greed) due to their jealousy(envy) of something/someone. I hope this makes sense? xD .
Haha, well good luck planning it! c: .
- Everlasting Dreams ;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

I see, envy eh? XD

Well, let's just see what ideas I can come up with!
Please look forward to the next episodes~

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#20 Post by frederic09 »

i found something, in the OP n°2, Lust is clearly showned, and not in the 1st one. So it means we'll see Greed in the "light" for the OP n°3 :D

Am i right ?

Anyway i would like to see Envy for the next game, but you do as you want ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#21 Post by azureXtwilight »

Yes, Greed will be showed in the third episode XD

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#22 Post by Mini_Moshi »

I got all three endings thanks to your tips! This game makes me really happy! I seriously like the way you write.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#23 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you! Is there anything I can fix/add/do for the next game? I plan to give the next games longer script, but maybe there's anything else to add.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#24 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I finally finished all endings! :3 Whew, what in the world took me so long It was a fun read, overall.

Firstly, I'd just like to give comments on the art XD Everything was quite good, except that Mike's body quite looks odd (It seems a bit too small, making it seems her arms are muscly and all that, and the neckline of the dress seems a bit too low). Frank's face seems like it's a floating skull with skin plastered around it, with the way the face is shaded, and Grace's eye lines seems too light and the blue of her eyes seems to be blending into her face because of that. She looks a bit too young for 16 though,
which makes the Grace X Alfred in the end look pedophilic in terms of appearance. Yeah, you can say I almost spat at my monitor when Alfred said something like "our child" when he's talking with Grace in the music room and when James Lugosi said "You're pregnant with the cook!" or something near those lines in one ending. I almost did a spittake.
And in the beginning, I was laughing so hard at the 9gag references XD Like the "gaaaay" and the Mordor thingie ("One does not simply win an argument with a girl~" I feel like making a 9gag post XD). And gosh, Mike's ribbon! Mike's ribbon looks like she stole it from Derpina! :D I hope there are more references in the next episode. 9gag sorta got my soul. Well, maybe half my soul.

The CGs are very nice, even before editing. ^^ I saw how they were before they passed under me, so kudos to you! The story's really nice, although that one ending was quite hard to get ^^; (I got more trouble in the berserk Gerald ending than the other best ending everyone had trouble getting, sorta) Though I think it's just me skipping through all read text, but I feel everything's a bit too fast... I guess. They went in Grace's palace, ate, slept, talk about stuff, then they went on detective mode. And that seems like few rooms for a big place, don't you think? I mean, I was expecting a game room *shot*
Grace did mention something about her liking gardening, but there's no "go to the garden" option XD I wished Alfred and her got on a little lovey-dovey talk and talking about stuff they like as an epilogue. It will be really cute.
My theory about Gerald's personalities is that he may be under another demon's control. I dunno, it may be somebody against the seven sins' demons. The flashback is quite intriguing as well (Lol, I remember atching some TV show where a person presented a contract to the protagonist where the font's so small he can't read it), and I really do hope on more enlightenment on Gerald's past in the next episode. I want Envy next! D:
The music was really enlightening, but the thing that bugged me is that sometimes it was too loud, and worse it will just play without any fadein or so.
And the looping giggle sound is quite annoying too...
Overall, it's a nice read! I look forward to the next episode and I want to write another sceeene XDD
:P

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#25 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks! XD Ehh, it's a NaNoRenO project, so it's meant to be short anyway. And yeah, I've gotta fix something about Mike's anatomy. Thanks a lot for the input!

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#26 Post by Mini_Moshi »

Hummm... Story wise I like the pace in which you are choosing to progress the plot so far. If I were to really nitpick I guess the character design makes Grace look really young and it was a bit confusing as to what exactly happened to Gerald's arm (I thought he actually lost his arm but on the sprite it just looked bloody?) and there's this laughing sound that I feel goes on for a little too long.

Maybe give more of an in game clue as to how to get the harder to get ending? I guess that's pretty much the only suggestion I have at the moment.

It's really hard for me to point of things for you to improve on when I love it this much XD

Hopefully this makes sense as I'm really tired :?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#27 Post by azureXtwilight »

To tell you the truth, he just lose the function of it as it implies XD As in, he can't use it anymore. Sorry for the un-clearness.

Game clue, like the first game, right? Check! Thanks for the comment!

psyduck
Regular

#28 Post by psyduck »

it took me a long time to finish it. :) really love the game.
Midas touch and greed. that's really nice combo.
in the flashback, sloth killed Mike's parent. did sloth steal her fortune too? I think that's why Mike is homeless, right?
for the next chapter, I think it will be great if two sins appear in same time. they collaborate to finish Mike and Gerard.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#29 Post by azureXtwilight »

Two sins collaborating is actually one of my ideas from the beginning XD I won't tell which, but it will definitely be cool.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by SusanTheCat »

This series is totally awesome!

The writing is top notch. I love the dialogue between Mike and Gerard.

I like the pace of the story. You reveal a bit more about the story behind Mike and Gerard, but leave enough mystery so the reader wants the next installment.

Keep up the good work.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas