[April Fools] ICE MOUNTAIN Baby! Band Crash!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: ICE MOUNTAIN Baby! Band Crash!

#31 Post by teacup »

Come on guys, it's only a joke XD It's April Fools Day, what can you expect?

Magicprincess20
Regular

#32 Post by Magicprincess20 »

I to Get the error, hm i Wonder why, Did the owner do some mistake, sigh and the game whas so good to.

Alphonse
Regular

#33 Post by Alphonse »

Is this seriously just an April Fools' Day joke? I haven't downloaded it, but since I'm a Vocaloid fan (and a slight Ice Mountain enthusiast as a result), I was actually kind of excited about this. What a shame.

rreeves79

#34 Post by rreeves79 »

I didn't say I was butthurt - I simply said I don't find the matter funny. Sense of humor is like defining love. It's all a matter of a person's taste and opinion making no one view of it correct or wrong. If anyone is to be butthurt it would be the creator of the thread that someone spoiled their joke. After I normally don't open a "Read Me" file in a Renpy game since it's normally a generic one that comes with all games that operate on it explaining how to use the engine. And if someone wants to be butthurt at me for not hiding my posts I quite honestly don't care because I have no obligation to keep your joke going whether I found it funny or not.

Again the -_-; and frustration is simply because to me this was an utter waste of time for me (read as lame). April Fool's or not I'm as entitled my opinion as those whom find the game/joke ingenious!! And as far as the what can I expect - normally this forum is one that I don't really comment in, but I routinely have enjoyed every visual novel I've come across from here for a variety of reasons. It just happens that this time I happened to have the traceback and didn't get it until I read the "Read Me" so excuse me for speaking my mind for once just because it is a view of opposition. Those exist with just about every visual novel thread on here for one reason or another. If you create anything as an artist you're gonna deal with a dissenting view at some point. I shouldn't have to be treated like I'm in the wrong for my thoughts.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by CheeryMoya »

rreeves79 wrote:I shouldn't have to be treated like I'm in the wrong for my thoughts.
Whoa whoa whoa, stop. Back up. Breathe in and out.

I have constant contact with Untramen since we're pretty close, and she'd like to publicly state a few things about this game once she gets back to a place with internet connection (AKA college). I'll apologize on her behalf for now, so in the meantime you can check out her askblog if you really want to see her interpretations of the guys.

rreeves79

#36 Post by rreeves79 »

*heavy sigh* The apology is accepted although I'm not as mad as everyone takes me to be. I mean written words inflect nothing and can be taken in a multitude of contexts when read. If anything this was a major annoyance to me is all. That doesn't mean I'm going to send you hate mail or something. I just think I should be allowed to express my thoughts was all. I enjoyed Teacup's first game tons and in all honesty was really excited when I saw she's working on a sequel. But her comment is the equivalent of that person whom walks up to you and tells you to smile when you're having a bad day and don't want to - I can't be the only one that gets perturbed by that person. I was equally as perturbed by the person telling me that my not finding the joke funny insinuates I have no sense of humor. I mean not everyone likes The Three Stooges - maybe they prefer Abbott and Costello. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor - as I simply was saying for me the matter was one I wasn't exactly "thrilled with." Good lord - the matter is dropped as it has grown disproportionate to what it was intended to be when I left my opinion. It would take a lot for me to become so angry as to start hyperventilating or something.

It was just a disappointment to download something only to find it was hogwash.

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by briannavon »

Ok, I comfused. Was this a April fools joke or not? If its a joke then I am very dissapointed.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#38 Post by Hijiri »

briannavon wrote:Ok, I comfused. Was this a April fools joke or not? If its a joke then I am very dissapointed.
If you are a regular here, and know about what types of games are constantly being released, you would find this hilarious. (Of course, you also have to have negative feelings against said games to enjoy it even more)
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#39 Post by teacup »

rreeves79 wrote:*heavy sigh* The apology is accepted although I'm not as mad as everyone takes me to be. I mean written words inflect nothing and can be taken in a multitude of contexts when read. If anything this was a major annoyance to me is all. That doesn't mean I'm going to send you hate mail or something. I just think I should be allowed to express my thoughts was all. I enjoyed Teacup's first game tons and in all honesty was really excited when I saw she's working on a sequel. But her comment is the equivalent of that person whom walks up to you and tells you to smile when you're having a bad day and don't want to - I can't be the only one that gets perturbed by that person. I was equally as perturbed by the person telling me that my not finding the joke funny insinuates I have no sense of humor. I mean not everyone likes The Three Stooges - maybe they prefer Abbott and Costello. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor - as I simply was saying for me the matter was one I wasn't exactly "thrilled with." Good lord - the matter is dropped as it has grown disproportionate to what it was intended to be when I left my opinion. It would take a lot for me to become so angry as to start hyperventilating or something.

It was just a disappointment to download something only to find it was hogwash.
Sorry if you found my comment to be insulting, I wasn't trying to annoy you nor was it directed exclusively at you.
I was just saying that this is April Fool's Day and jokes like this are pretty common; I wasn't trying to imply that you're not allowed to express your opinion. :/ So I apologize if I offended you.

Untramen

#40 Post by Untramen »

Hey guys, Untra here. I'd like to profusely apologize if you felt it was a huge waste of time. I know the game was actually quite big (mostly because of the inclusion of many large mp3 files and the selection for the custom protagonist).

Yes it was an April Fools prank. Sorry if it left a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.

The game intentionally raises an exception that says "jump band manage" not found or something similar. However, if you click ignore, it brings you to another exception that says "April Fools suckers!" (which was meant mostly in jest). The readme.txt has some pseudo instructions on the "game mechanics" but if you scroll all the way down it has multiple lines that say "APRIL FOOLS" over and over. Some people didn't realize it was a joke right away, which caused me some worry.

I'm sorry if anyone became upset or disappointed in my game. I know it was a bit of a stupid stunt and I was prepared for the backlash. However, I'd like to mention that this project is still ongoing. This was not only my attempt at a bit of humor for my askblog, but also my showcase to Lemmasoft Forums to drum up interest and potential help on this game. Someday I would love to complete it and fulfill those promises and features I made in my first post. If anyone would like to help bring the "full" game to reality, I would love their help.

So if anything, think of this as a little demo of what this game could potentially turn out into. And once again, I'm sorry.

rreeves79

#41 Post by rreeves79 »

Apology accepted.

I just wasn't expecting it. I play so many visual novels that are free from this forum, and they've normally provided hours of fun. But I tend to be as busy as many of you are - you may have college keeping you busy - I run my own business as a spa owner, esthetician, and makeup artist - I don't really have the time to waste. When I have the time to try sitting down to what I hope to be a good visual novel and find out it's bull____ that irritates me. I'm sorry too - it's just that my time is exceptionally valuable to me when I have the free time that I rarely get.

When you're a lurker here and you end up expressing a view only to get the feeling that you're being attacked by everyone in the thread for expressing your frustration with something it's a real put off quite honestly enough so to warrant going back into lurkdom. There's a famous saying you know - you get one time to make a good impression - screw it up and you may not get the chance to fix it.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by CheeryMoya »

Hijiri wrote:
briannavon wrote:Ok, I comfused. Was this a April fools joke or not? If its a joke then I am very dissapointed.
If you are a regular here, and know about what types of games are constantly being released, you would find this hilarious. (Of course, you also have to have negative feelings against said games to enjoy it even more)
The following is my own personal opinion and doesn't necessarily reflect anyone else's:
I like the occasional otome, but this is really grand in the fact that it taunts you with 5 guys, loads of gameplay features, and CGs that change O: Does any other game have CGs that change according to your outfit? Not to my knowledge, and I would think that would take a lot of filesize. Which this game did have: 130MB+ folder is pretty heavy. When the "error" hits, the casual player unaccustomed to Ren'Py will freak; those accustomed to Ren'Py might still freak. Seeing "April Fools suckers!" might irritate you if you waited forever for the game, but when you step back and re-evaluate the whole situation, you have to laugh a bit. With all the otome games floating about LSF, it's hard to find one that really shines. This game would shine were all the features promised in the post were real, but hey, do you expect a newbie who signed up the day they posted a game to really know this much Ren'Py/Python knowledge?

Heck, since Untra's back in her dorm, I'll spit it out: I helped code all those annoying menus at the beginning ("What's your astrological sign?", "What's your blood type?" etc.) and found the "raise exception" code for her. She objected to some of the extraneous menus IIRC, but then I pointed out that she wanted to parody otome games and the fact that this kind of information didn't really matter. If I were an unsuspecting player, I would laugh at this and support the twisted mind who thought this was a good idea. Why? Because this is a good idea, IMO. Plus no other game (once again, to my knowledge) has tricked so many this much before.
rreeves79 wrote:But I tend to be as busy as many of you are - you may have college keeping you busy - I run my own business as a spa owner, esthetician, and makeup artist - I don't really have the time to waste. When I have the time to try sitting down to what I hope to be a good visual novel and find out it's bull____ that irritates me. I'm sorry too - it's just that my time is exceptionally valuable to me when I have the free time that I rarely get.

When you're a lurker here and you end up expressing a view only to get the feeling that you're being attacked by everyone in the thread for expressing your frustration with something it's a real put off quite honestly enough so to warrant going back into lurkdom. There's a famous saying you know - you get one time to make a good impression - screw it up and you may not get the chance to fix it.
Hey, it's all cool over on this end as long as there's no animosity when it's said and done. Believe me, an in-depth review/reply will brighten a creator's day, so if you can find the time to write a response, do so.

victorita9
Regular

#43 Post by victorita9 »

it was a little funny. I just wished I hadn't wasted my time to download it because it was a big file. I could have used that time to download the other games that were completed.

mysnowdoll

#44 Post by mysnowdoll »

yays for a GXB game ^^ I will download it now and review it once i've finished =)

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#45 Post by leon »

mysnowdoll wrote:yays for a GXB game ^^
Indeed. There is just not enough GxB games around here. :lol: