My Beautiful AI [Sci-Fi][NaNoRenO 2012]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

My Beautiful AI [Sci-Fi][NaNoRenO 2012]

#1 Post by CheeryMoya »

Tokyo in the year 2050. You play as Zachary Wright, and you are the lead researcher and scientist in a team conducting studies on the field of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. During the span of less than a week, Aiikasu, the first AI to be made as a result of the study, and and a woman from your past will change everything.

Screenshots:
Downloads

The Team (and lots of plugging)
Writing: CheeryMoya
Art: Omnificent from Viking Pipsqueak Productions, Hijiri from Admin Sy, SventheViking
Music: Dollywitch from Takeshi and the Kid, Ziassan
Programming: CheeryMoya, Hijiri, DragoonHP
Beta-Testing: TwinTurtle Games
Special Thanks: DarkSpartan, Funnyguts, LemmaTV team, and others
~~~
Alright, now Sci-Fi isn't my usual cup of tea, but let's see how I did :C There are a total of 3 Endings, which shouldn't be hard to finish. After you're done, remember to leave a review ^^

Update: We've got individual distributions for each OS on the website now. No more MediaFire and crazy ads!

Walkthrough:
"Good" Ending
This one isn't hard to get as long as you reply to all of Kireiai's letters and treat everyone like a decent human being.
Normal Ending
It's easy to get this ending if you use others like tools and ignore their feelings, I suppose. Go ahead, be a jerk :I
Bad Ending
Well, you can totally be an inconsiderate jerkwad to Kireiai and answer only some of her messages. You'll also have to lie a lot to Aiikasu if you want such a horrible fate... (And if anything strange happens to your game window, that's normal.)
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sorani
Veteran

Re: My Beautiful AI [Sci-Fi][NaNoRenO 2012]

#2 Post by sorani »

I downloaded and had finished two endings, and omg,
I'm on the yandere ending! It was played out so well I was so surprised when the Aiikasu went yandere on me and the disappearing screens.
I could give a review after I finish, but overall, your game was pretty damn awesome.

Funnyguts
Veteran

#3 Post by Funnyguts »

moya, fixing that letter took one line of code T_T

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by CheeryMoya »

Patch is up! Grab it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ke2ozcfv8a28e0e
Everyone should download this and replace the old script.rpyc, it should eliminate any possible errors. Also fixed a few things in the credits OTL

@sorani: Hehe, that ending was my favorite C: Did you freak out a lot? If so, excellent... *crackling off in the distance*

BTW, after beating the game once, some Author's Notes will be available for you to read. Search around the main menu to find it.
Click the title >_>

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Congrats on the release Moya! :> I managed to get all 3 endings! I really liked
The ending when Aiikasu malfunctions. I tried to read all the messages in the auto-forward text, but it was pretty difficult, especially when the message is at the very end right before the window "crashes" and re-opens xD WHAT DOES IT SAY!? I only caught the part where she's talking about humans needing to rot and then AIs will pave a new path and then it gets to the "Join..." /dammitcannotreadfastenough

I also considered the ending when you get to see Kireiai again as the "best" ending :3
How do you unlock the song "Starlings at my Window?" I can't seem to find the place to unlock it.... ;________________;
/mustunlockeverything

Some grammatical errors I caught:
"Please tell me of the above rumor is true..."
-should be "if," Kireiai's 3rd letter

"Apologizes"
-should be "apologies" -->after admiting you had a relationship with Kireiai and after Aiikasu leaves and comes back once

"Even though I was creating..."
-should be "created," after you tell Aiikasu she is a completely different person than Kireiai
And finally, I DL'd the patch you put up and replaced the appropriate file, but still caught a few bugs:
Edit: Just kidding, I'm silly :>
Last edited by Reikun on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by CheeryMoya »

@Reikun:
Don't mind the subliminal messages, I was having too much fun playing around with the symbols and I went herp a derp :'D Most of it is nonsense, some of it is creepypasta, and a whole lot of it is scary filler. And yeah, that ending is the not-worse-case scenario; still not 100% since Aiikasu goes off and reprograms herself into some other personality to be different. Is that AI suicide still? Methinks so :/
And darn, I thought "Starlings at my Window" was supposed to be the song that plays during the best ending. I'm looking at the script again, and that's what I have playing :/ You sure it's not unlocking for you?

As for those errors... Fuuuuuuuuuu- *explodes* This might give us a reason to re-upload the whole thing again Q_Q Whyyyyyyy

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Reikun »

CheeryMoya wrote:@Reikun: And darn, I thought "Starlings at my Window" was supposed to be the song that plays during the best ending. I'm looking at the script again, and that's what I have playing :/ You sure it's not unlocking for you?
Yup, it's still greyed out on my Audio Room menu ;____; Also, "Inverting the Mind" is what plays for me during that ending :0
Also
the hidden archives are really clever xD I love where you hid them.
ImageImageImage

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#8 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

It was fun! Art was very nice as well. Wright is such an idiot. :twisted:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Ziassan
Veteran

#9 Post by Ziassan »

Well, not like I didn't know about this game since the start, but glad to see an pretty unusual kind of VN.
Downloading~

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#10 Post by kaleidofish »

I played this last night. I liked it a lot! :D I didn't run into any errors when I played, but maybe I should double check the music thing just in case I didn't unlock that track, either.
My favorite ending was the one where she went all crazy. I wasn't expecting it! I loved the pixelation effect going on, and how you can see her evil face through the pixels. What made that part even creepier was that the program kept shrinking, then popping back up again. Maybe, that's a problem with my laptop...I don't know. Intentional or not, that made it creepier (and made me miss some of the text).

Maybe, if he hadn't treated Aiikasu as a replacement tool, there could have been a happier ending for both of them.
Good job, everyone involved!
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Funnyguts
Veteran

#11 Post by Funnyguts »

Okay, I've tried everything I could think of to get Reikun's errors to show up, but all of the things she mentioned worked perfectly for me, so I'm not sure where things are going wrong..

Edit: I did find one error! I discovered the problem causing the good ending song to not play when it was supposed to, and (hopefully) fixed it.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Reikun »

Funnyguts wrote:Okay, I've tried everything I could think of to get Reikun's errors to show up, but all of the things she mentioned worked perfectly for me, so I'm not sure where things are going wrong..

Edit: I did find one error! I discovered the problem causing the good ending song to not play when it was supposed to, and (hopefully) fixed it.
Ehe *U*;;; I just had to delete the persistent data to get it to work OTL
ImageImageImage

Funnyguts
Veteran

#13 Post by Funnyguts »

The persistent data thing wasn't the problem. The problem was that it's possible to not get locked into one of the endings before the game checks which ending you get. Since the label containing the good ending is the first one after the check, the game will play that by default. But the music for the good ending isn't called to play in the label, but in the check. So if the check doesn't decide you're on the good route, the game won't know to play the music.

Like I said, that's fixed now, I think.

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#14 Post by Dollywitch »

What did people think of the music :D

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#15 Post by Dollywitch »

I got one of the endings.

It is quite short which is a shame since it's quite well written. I'd like to see it expanded.

Also having the soundtrack on all day every day maybe wasn't the best. I suppose this is partly my own fault for not composing more ambient background bits, that would have helped too. It's hard to know how it works until you actually read it. Spacing out the usage of tracks in a longer version would be a good idea, and just use background ambience or silence more.