The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ginger
Regular

Re: The Knife of the Traitor [Comedy/Mystery/GXB][NaNoRenO 2

#31 Post by Ginger »

Alright, I am completely at a lost. I've gotten every other ending except for this one, and I've tried over five times, and keep on getting
the end where Gervase kills Os. I followed the walkthrough, is there something I'm missing?

Soli-chan
Projects: Starlocket, PAPER FACES, Avrilun, Halcyon Days, Macrumbia: Interlude of the Dreaming
Organization: s00t studi0s

#32 Post by Soli-chan »

I AM SO EXCITED TO START I CAN'T EVEN

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#33 Post by clua »

NanaVampire wrote:No, sorry, I speak Polish ^^
I hope that you'll figure it out! ^_^ When I'm looking at screenshots I want to play it more and more xD Looks funny and cute ^_^
Ohh I see! I will have an updated version tomorrow! Hope it works for you ;D!
Mink wrote:And now I got the Lilja end
I can't tell you how much I cracked up when he was spontaneously naked. "It's called fanservice."
At least the game is honest. X3

Also in the end CG where
Corvus is still flapped over Os' face, trying to hide Lilja's naughty bits, but Os is just like, 8D
I'm kind of wondering now, though: are those eyes Os is wearing actual eyes, or just decoration? Because
if she kills/tortures people, then I suspect those are actual eyes.
Yess honest fanservice for everyone(Ok, maybe not for everyone..)
Actually about character designs...I have a lot of info to write XD

I can write a little about Os here:
The bones she has are actually bones of her Mother, Grandmother, and Great-Grandmother..Its a tradition on Ulla, to carry the bones of your dead family members of your same sex, also Its not like its some random bone..The femur(because is a femur orz) she has on her hair is because her grandmother could break iron bars with her legs(lol), the ribcage was from her mother, because her ribs were so hard that never in all her life they were broken(Imagine Os mother more evil than what others complain Os to be..But she is long dead so welp)
The eyes suppousedly are from her dead enemies...most likely mages...some of them actually blink(I was lazy to make them blink haha...I cant imagine how much headaches would have caused me...)Mage eyes boost your inate magic powers so thats why she has like a ton of eyes

This is a bunch of useless information which I didnt find necessary to be inside the visual...D:
But I always think...of useless things hahaha
teacup wrote:Finally got all the endings. I'm still in love with Corvus but the other endings are great, too :>
especially Lilja... lmfao
Your fanart sketch is complete, so expect to see it soon! ^o^
XDD gosh I never imagined that Corvus would be that popular...I made him a little bit annoying(And Anarchy highlighted some of his dialogues more..so he is 2x annoying lol) XD
Aaa I cant wait :_;! Thank you so much!!>>Edit..I saw it ªªqªª...It make me skip a heartbeat XD
Anna wrote:I am so going to play this now~ I don't care I'm dead, I just want to celebrate freedom in a way and your work looks awesome <3!
aaaaaaa I downloaded Nanolife too I want to play it but Ristorante Amore took all my evening and part of my night(Lol and I didnt even finished yet!)And my eyes feels like I had throw lemon inside them haha(Not a bad thing really It got me hooked but my decadent munra body cant stand much hours on the pc..) wee I hope you like it..if not feel free to complain XD
Riku wrote:Wow! That's an amazing game! The art is splendid and really immersive. The music and the sounds are really nice, perfectly in my tastes. The story is well thought, it was hard to guess who was the culprit. The characters are original and adorable, I particulary love Corvus and Gervase.
Congratulation! Keep on the good works!
Thank youu! 8bitpeoples collaborative artist makes such wonderfull music...ºqº
Im very glad you like it overall!
Ginger wrote:Alright, I am completely at a lost. I've gotten every other ending except for this one, and I've tried over five times, and keep on getting
the end where Gervase kills Os. I followed the walkthrough, is there something I'm missing?
Oh my...I think the walktrough I posted was ok but let me write a detalied walktrough maybe it can help better

Gervase route with details:
When you are on the kitchen for the first time, after you talk a while to Gervase, Os will think that his body is incredibly beated up...so change his bandages, after that Corvus will ask you to stop being nice to Gervase...Tell him that you RefuseThen visit the kitchen for the second time, and ask him if it hurt less he may blush and say that it feels better.
After that you will decide to interrogate everyone again.You will go to Gervase first then to Vosges--after that you will talk a little with Corvus about Lilja, then Puppy Gervase will appear.He will attempt to attack Corvus and a little menu that says "Protect Corvus" will appear (That menu is timed so be sure to click it quickly XD)...Then after visiting Lilja and going to sleep, Corvus will confess himself...Forgive him and in the end go to the kitchen again to claim for his good end!
Hope it helps!! I did forgot to add the last part...D;! But thats kind of obvious since you are getting his bad end means that you already are visiting the kitchen hehe..Im so sorry for the mess we are going to fix his route on the next version!
Soli-chan wrote:I AM SO EXCITED TO START I CAN'T EVEN
XD!!

Sorry guys for answering this slow..orz!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Ginger
Regular

#34 Post by Ginger »

Okay, I found the issue. For the timed menu, I only get 'stop Geverase' as an option. I'll try re-downloading it to see if there's an issue.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#35 Post by Anarchy »

Cluaaaa! You probably forgot this, but instead of "Protect Corvus", we decided to change it to
"Stop Gervase"
, remember? :D That's probably why Ginger got confused. In order to protect Corvus, you need to
click on the "Stop Gervase" option as soon as it appears in order to get onto Gervase's path, because if you don't make it in time, the timer will run out and you'll get onto Corvus's path instead
. That part kinda tests your reflexes, haha...

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#36 Post by clua »

Ginger wrote:Okay, I found the issue. For the timed menu, I only get 'stop Geverase' as an option. I'll try re-downloading it to see if there's an issue.
Anarchy wrote:Cluaaaa! You probably forgot this, but instead of "Protect Corvus", we decided to change it to
"Stop Gervase"
, remember? :D That's probably why Ginger got confused. In order to protect Corvus, you need to
click on the "Stop Gervase" option as soon as it appears in order to get onto Gervase's path, because if you don't make it in time, the timer will run out and you'll get onto Corvus's path instead
. That part kinda tests your reflexes, haha...
Ahaha kill me please..I cant be more ashamed now..lol
Yes Anarchy is right orz Im so sorry!! We had changed the script a lot xD
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Ginger
Regular

#37 Post by Ginger »

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i am just one really slow clicker it turns out ;A;

WELL, I got them all and absolutely adore this game clua(: I can't wait for the hurtful wall too!!

Good luck with all future projects!

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#38 Post by icebluehost »

I like this VN! It's short but cute and well-made. Your art is very unique and I wish there were more CGs I could admire/drool upon. lol.
though I noticed that one of them wasn't colored. The one in Corvus' good end path.

And out of all the characters I felt like you placed Lilja in the bottom in terms of character or personality. Not that he's boring as a character (he's actually the most interesting one for me). But to me it felt like he lacked something. Or he wasn't as...focused? No that's not the word...I don't know how to explain it, but he didn't have 'depth' or 'essence' the way the other characters did. I'm under the impression that you intentionally made Lilja like a character purely for comic-relief. You did put in that he's
a 'patron for suicides' and about his complaining and about being too depressed all the time.
I was actually disappointed that there wasn't more to his ending than what was there. LOL Well that's just how I felt about it. I imagined that Lilja had some deep dark secret or past or something that made him stand out like the rest. Though I still like how he's insane.

I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler but I'll tag it just to make sure.
You know, when I saw the word "fanservice" in the special bonus feature the game has I was expecting to see all of the guys shirtless XD Though the pic of the main character in a red dress isn't bad either. It's just...being a GxB game, the audience you're expecting ought to be female, and fanservice would make you automatically think shirtless, hot guys. just saying. The in-game fanservice (Lilja) cracked me up.
Overall I really enjoyed this game ^^ I hope you make more soon!

MelonCandy
Regular
Projects: The Crystal Conquest (GxB, VN)

#39 Post by MelonCandy »

I just played this today and....

LOVED IT! <3 It was funny, mysterious, scary? and romantic at the same time! I kept laughing at the names you gave them before they were actually introduced.

Totally worth playing <3<3

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#40 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

clua wrote: Holy molly such a great feedback ;_; Thank you so much!!
Ah the problem on that part..And It may sound silly because I dont have a proper explanation...Is because you could get all the routes but the Corvus one in one play ...So I decided to manage better the points there...My problem was that I couldnt mess much with the first part of the game and this problem I realized..Quite late orz..So I had to make something on the forgive part...It did played good for Vosges since he didnt liked egoists like Corvus or Os but I think It could be very blurry why would it fav to Gervase...

;_; That was my bad..orz I wanted to make a funny game but I wanted to conserve the serious parts also...I need to graduate my angst....We are going to get another version of the game soon XD Since I wanted to check some sprites and Anarchy wanted to edit some more..defenitely we needed feedback like yours!
I think some of the serious parts were really nice and gave cause for things. I especially liked Os's speech on why she did what she did. It's more the specfic mentions on what she did that seemed a little too realistic. It would make sense talking about that type of thing if this was quite a gritty piece talking about pyscological maschoism where despite everything (inclusing death of family/torture) they still fall in love, but I prefer the funnier tone for our novel. Vosges hat was quite good I think. Maybe make up some stuff like that or be more vague about what it was she did. I was trying to find a good way to explain what I meant, but I don't think I did a very good job ;_;

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#41 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

clua wrote:
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Haha I had fun playing it!!
Althought at first I didn't expect to like it this much!!
My fave ending although was corvus and after him was Gervase but I wanted a kiss scene with him!!!!! :P
ehehehee...something like this? Or like this?
Whaaaa *dying right now*
I love him. *Changes mind* GERVASE IS THE BEST!!!
I like him like a puppy but he is more handsom in the human form!!!
*Breath Breath!!*
GERVASEE <3 *Puppy eyes*
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Arcanum
Veteran

#42 Post by Arcanum »

Just finished all routes before going to sleep on a matter of principle XD (Where's the honor in that?! I had to use the guide!) Coming to thank you for the amazing game. I wish you have time, later, to make something else with those characters: this felt like only a prologue of sorts, and it left me waiting eagerly for something else! It's amazing how you made me fall for those characters is such a short time, and my favorite was Corvus! He was honestly too funny in his bird form X3 Lilja came close in second for me. He was also rather adorable for
a suicide god… that's very depressing!
Of course, I got the bad endings first XD I did like the interplay of seriousness vs. comedy, it worked well for me and made the serious moments a little more serious. The bad endings were fantastic at that!! They came like a shock. My first good ending was Gervase one, then Lilja's. I do admit I had to read the guide to work on getting Corvus and Vorges' endings.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#43 Post by Anna »

Oho, I was wondering who was the culprit but I didn't see THAT coming XD! Nice one~

I also think it's really cool you learn about the main character bit by bit as the novel progresses and that each bit of info is interesting exactly because you can't access that information easily or hear it at the beginning. So far I only got a bad end (oh how typical XD), but I'll read more of this when I get the chance!

Pixelen

#44 Post by Pixelen »

Just wondering... do you get a bad end if you skip? Because the second time I played I skipped through, and even though I was doing everything right for Vosges' good ending, I kept getting his bad ending? If so, that's kind of annoying... I don't always have time to play every path all the way through, even though I want all the different endings! The character art and story for this game is adorable by the way, and I also love the music!

Raindrops
Regular
Projects: My Secret Spring (Co-writer & Proofreader), [Secret]

#45 Post by Raindrops »

clua wrote:ªAª....so many comments ;_; Im very happy XD
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Haha I had fun playing it!!
Althought at first I didn't expect to like it this much!!
My fave ending although was corvus and after him was Gervase but I wanted a kiss scene with him!!!!! :P
ehehehee...something like this? Or like this?
OMG THAT SECOND LINK O.O jelly D;
Noooo Gervase! orz
TOPofBB
All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.
- Andre Breton