Nanolife 1.2 [NaNoRenO 2012] [PC + Android] + German!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

Re: Nanolife [NaNoRenO 2012]

#31 Post by Nellie »

I CAN FINALLY PLAY THIS! =3

Although... It causes my pc to crash twice already >_< I shall persevere~~ :) (Feedbacks when I'm done!!)

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#32 Post by Anna »

Nellie wrote:I CAN FINALLY PLAY THIS! =3

Although... It causes my pc to crash twice already >_< I shall persevere~~ :) (Feedbacks when I'm done!!)
Wow, it did? While you were playing? What kind of PC do you have? Because I tested it on my brother's incredibly old laptop with Windows XP and it survived haha. Tell me if the problem keeps happening/if it's being caused solely by the VN.

ps: congrats on your release! Will play when I can :D

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#33 Post by frederic09 »

is it possible to have a mirror ? Mediafire doesn't let me download the game ;)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Anna »

Mediafire, it's over between us >_<! Dropbox, I choose you!

In other words, I managed to upload it to Dropbox so I can share it with you all, I really hope it works like this:

Argh, dammit, I just got a message that too much traffic will shut down my dropbox account, so I'm removing the link again OTL... I'm going to look around for what other sites I can use to upload this, perhaps I can use BMT after all, but I doubt it.

edit:

OK, 4shared it is, here's the mirror link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/YO6Yr9Ja/na ... aller.html

click on the blue download image/bar.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by SusanTheCat »

Congratulations on a fun, well thought out, super cute game!
I want Kitty in my party forever!
Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#36 Post by Nellie »

Anna wrote:
Nellie wrote:I CAN FINALLY PLAY THIS! =3

Wow, it did? While you were playing? What kind of PC do you have? Because I tested it on my brother's incredibly old laptop with Windows XP and it survived haha. Tell me if the problem keeps happening/if it's being caused solely by the VN.

ps: congrats on your release! Will play when I can :D

I guess it was because I still had photoshop running... It's working now. Cuteness overdosed~ I love it so much (Now I'm going to check your other games as well xD)

Sasuya
Regular

#37 Post by Sasuya »

This was an amazing story =) The visuals, music, plot, everything! It was a really pleasant game to play through and I liked the fact that there was a variety of choices for each play through. It was different each time and offered a lot. You guys all did an amazing job!

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Anna »

Nellie wrote: I guess it was because I still had photoshop running... It's working now. Cuteness overdosed~ I love it so much (Now I'm going to check your other games as well xD)
Ouch, yeah that explains it. Photoshop can ask a lot of your poor computer XD. And haha, I'm honoured, though I haven't really made much before Nanolife yet.

zyzzyvette

#39 Post by zyzzyvette »

Agh, this game is painfully adorable. I wanted to reach through the screen and cuddle half the characters, especially pre-transformation Kitty. :mrgreen:

NONAMEFOUNDWTF

#40 Post by NONAMEFOUNDWTF »

I downloaded java but I get this message

javax.media.opengl.GLException: Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] glGetError() returned the following error codes after a call to glClear(<int> 0x4100): Unknown glGetError() return value: ( 1286 0x506),

and have to exit the program. I've redownloaded the game but still get that. Any idea what's wrong?

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#41 Post by Snow Blossom »

This was an adorable, rather touching story. The art was so fluffy and cute
(which belied the sadder parts of the game)
, and though the music was simple, it complemented the art well enough.
My favorite route was Alesia's. It was just so sad I found myself replaying it - thrice. Poor Alesia and MC with the un-typeable name! :cry: My second favorite was Zale's, first because I just found him to be a really cool character, and second because his character design was pretty great, what with the cracked helmet and elfin ears. ^3^~ I also enjoyed the increased interaction with Keefe - he's such a cutie. I wouldn't mind having him as an older brother... >w> And the MC was just adorable. He's so sweet and innocent, you can't help but grow fond of him. >_<
But I do have one question: I'm assuming that the Chaz that appears in Alesia's route is a character created by the same player who created Zale and Keefe, right? But if so, why was it that that Chaz and Zale interacted with each as if the other were played by a different person? Or maybe the creator of Keefe/Chaz/early-Zale was just "a very dedicated role-player"? XD

Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

#42 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Just started playing the game.

The chibi art is sooooo cute!!! XD And the backgrounds are also beautiful.

I'm also really impressed with the level of UI customization. I don't feel like I'm playing a generic Ren'Py game.

Also very interested with the premise, as a former MMORPG addict XD

I will review again when I've finished it ^^ But so far, I'm really impressed with this game. Please keep up the good work!!
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Anna »

NONAMEFOUNDWTF wrote:I downloaded java but I get this message

javax.media.opengl.GLException: Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] glGetError() returned the following error codes after a call to glClear(<int> 0x4100): Unknown glGetError() return value: ( 1286 0x506),

and have to exit the program. I've redownloaded the game but still get that. Any idea what's wrong?
Oh, I don't know that one from the top of my head, so I'll get back to you on that later. I'll send you a PM when I've got the answer :).
Snow Blossom wrote:But I do have one question: I'm assuming that the Chaz that appears in Alesia's route is a character created by the same player who created Zale and Keefe, right? But if so, why was it that that Chaz and Zale interacted with each as if the other were played by a different person? Or maybe the creator of Keefe/Chaz/early-Zale was just "a very dedicated role-player"? XD
Ah, you've misunderstood haha XD. explanation:
The Chaz who appears in the Alesia route is controlled by the player who made the main character in the beginning (the one whose electricity went down). He made a new character which resembled the one which got corrupted, after his electricity returned. Only early Zale and Keeffe are controlled by the moderator. So Zale and Chaz are controlled by different players.
Kitten the Cat wrote:I will review again when I've finished it ^^ But so far, I'm really impressed with this game. Please keep up the good work!!
Thank you! We'll keep doing our best ^^.

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#44 Post by Kitten the Cat »

I just got the survival ending.

I found the main character's innocence extremely cute XD I really enjoyed his deeper viewpoint on RPGs haha :D And the whole route was going so smoothly... when BAM! The hacker stuff threw me off the light-hearted feeling T_T I felt really sad when Iris was trying to contact him and he was gone...

Off to try and discover the other routes now! Oh and btw, really nice touch on the title screen change after you've obtained the routes :D
I will definitely recommend this game ^^

EDIT:

Waaaa~i! I finished all routes now!
And 3rd ending is definitely the best XD

I did Survivor first, then Free Will... Survivor's ending was a bit weird because when he took over Iris, I didn't know what to think about Chaz... I knew he wasn't bad but still, I wasn't sure. Now that I've done the 3rd ending though, I understand that it was a preview of what he could do. After that Free Will was so sad T_T But when Alesia developed intelligence it was kinda creepy lol.

I've mentioned how much I love the chibi art - the cuteness doesn't take away from the serious side of the story. Now I gotta say how much I love the actual story though. It's short and simple, but it was enough to connect me emotionally to the characters. It has shades of .hack//SIGN but less confusing AND CUTER, ahah XD
I think the world you've built is also big enough for another story - maybe Nanolife 2? XD

Once again, great job and I hope to see more games from you guys ^^

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#45 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Patty wrote:
I <3 Keefe and want to see how he looks like in real life! :D
Ahahah I'm glad I'm not the only one who developed a crush on this character while playing LOL XD
I think my heart fluttered for a bit when Zale asked me to join his party - I was like "ACCEPT! ACCEPT!" XD XD XD