ReSet Ep 2 : Under the Golden Sun [NaNoRenO][VN]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: ReSet Ep 2 : Under the Golden Sun [NaNoRenO][VN]

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

SusanTheCat wrote:This series is totally awesome!

The writing is top notch. I love the dialogue between Mike and Gerard.

I like the pace of the story. You reveal a bit more about the story behind Mike and Gerard, but leave enough mystery so the reader wants the next installment.

Keep up the good work.

Susan
Thank you!

For the next installment, is this length is enough or does it need to be longer? How many hours did it take for you guys?:D
I would like to know your take on Gerald's identity as well.

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

#32 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

I just finished reading both ep1 and ep2.

And I think, personally the length is very short with the kind of tale you are trying to tell.

You could slow down and try to expand more on the episode only characters, they came off kind of bland.

I liked Mike and Gerald though, they are nice characters. The art and the music were both also very nice.

I look forward to EP3.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

More screentime, got it! :D
I admit, I only treat them like some passerby which is totally wrong. I'm gonna make the side-characters rootable next time! 8D

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#34 Post by Reikun »

OMMMMGGGGGGG. I don't know how to unlock the bonus ending?! ;__________; So far
I got the endings where Gerald killed Frank and Greed and at the end they have the grassy background, and the ending where Mike/Gerald defeat Greed as a tag team with and without giving Grace the pendant in the end ;____; WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT?! /cries
...can you give me a hint?? xD;;;
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#35 Post by azureXtwilight »

Reikun wrote:OMMMMGGGGGGG. I don't know how to unlock the bonus ending?! ;__________; So far
I got the endings where Gerald killed Frank and Greed and at the end they have the grassy background, and the ending where Mike/Gerald defeat Greed as a tag team with and without giving Grace the pendant in the end ;____; WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT?! /cries
...can you give me a hint?? xD;;;
Sleep in grace's room, and then when examining the rooms, go to grace's dad's room, the music room, kitchen before going to the library.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#36 Post by Reikun »

Yay! Thank you *U* Now everything is unlocked >:'D
So I guess this is the part where I give a review..? xD

I really liked the music choices! I think they were all pretty much really good and fitting for their scenes. The only thing that was weird as took me out of it was the
giggling sound.
Since it played repeatedly, it started to just sound silly (but it was a bit creepy the first time). Maybe only play it once and then if you wanted to play it again, do it a few lines later (instead of every line)? But it was good when you repeated the
sobbing sound
since the sound was so soft already, it's easier to loop :3

I really liked the story this time around too! *U* The only thing was
when unlocking the final ending where Gerald calls Mike his bitch (xD), you seem to have to go in a super particular order when investigating the house in order to solve the mystery? Or does visiting your room just screw it up?
AHHH. Well, I'm not actually too critical about this because this was done in just one month *U*;;; It was a fun story to read~

And finally
During the bonus ending, Mike is still wearing Grace's dress! So I guess they stole the clothes they were lent?? xD;;
And I'm also not really sure why this episode is called "Under the Golden Sun," since it's raining most of the time and they're always inside the house for most of the story too :0
Hehe! I know it's already been a few weeks since release, but congrats on your release anyway! Looking forward to episode 3 C:
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by lepapillonrouge »

argh

I thought I got all the endings but I can't get the bonus ;w;
I got the one you get from entering the library too early where Gerald goes nuts, the pendant one, and the one where they go more in depth about 'my child' and I was just like what the f Grace is preggers what
deviantART
---------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#38 Post by azureXtwilight »

lepapillonrouge wrote:argh

I thought I got all the endings but I can't get the bonus ;w;
I got the one you get from entering the library too early where Gerald goes nuts, the pendant one, and the one where they go more in depth about 'my child' and I was just like what the f Grace is preggers what
The one which I gave a hint a few posts ago?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#39 Post by MaiMai »

Alright, thoughts on Ep 2.

I... can't say I really like this one, not in the way I liked Ep 1. I know it's been established that Mike has a unique friendship with Gerald, but the way she refers to him is oddly disrespectful even for someone she's close with and it really doesn't seem consistent especially with all the swearing from Mike (I guess she was really holding back in ep 1) But overall, Gerald and Mike are still likable. YAY READABLE FONT.

What I did like is how there's more action in this plot although there's less mystery depending on the choices, but I think the fast pace helped me get through this one. Powers aren't that well-defined in my opinion, but I could have just been reading really quick and missed a detail or two. Good work for finishing this up so quick.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

MaiMai wrote:Alright, thoughts on Ep 2.

I... can't say I really like this one, not in the way I liked Ep 1. I know it's been established that Mike has a unique friendship with Gerald, but the way she refers to him is oddly disrespectful even for someone she's close with and it really doesn't seem consistent especially with all the swearing from Mike (I guess she was really holding back in ep 1) But overall, Gerald and Mike are still likable. YAY READABLE FONT.

What I did like is how there's more action in this plot although there's less mystery depending on the choices, but I think the fast pace helped me get through this one. Powers aren't that well-defined in my opinion, but I could have just been reading really quick and missed a detail or two. Good work for finishing this up so quick.
Yes, Mike is disrespectful. That's why we're gonna establish character growth for her later XD About powers that aren't well-defined,can you be more specific about that? :D

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#41 Post by MaiMai »

azureXtwilight wrote:Yes, Mike is disrespectful. That's why we're gonna establish character growth for her later XD About powers that aren't well-defined,can you be more specific about that? :D
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the fight scenes were written in a way where the description wasn't written quite clearly as to what Mike specifically was doing with the power and what
she got from Sloth really was. Telekinesis? Controlling people's bodies??
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

InitialeMpTy

#42 Post by InitialeMpTy »

I'm wondering but is there like "actually" a theme for the seven sins? O:. (Not sure how to say exactly). Um, like it's maybe a set belief or myth or something of the sort? Cause the seven sins reminds me of vocaloid :).

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#43 Post by azureXtwilight »

The sevens sins is actually an old christian reference: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins Much older than vocaloid or anything.

lothloaein

#44 Post by lothloaein »

Has anyone tried to play the Mac version of this yet?

I'm trying to play the Mac version, but when I get to the title screen/main menu, none of the options are clickable. The only thing I can do is close the window, then it asks if I'm sure I want to quit and I can select yes.

Is this problem just me or has anyone else encountered it?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#45 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hmm, weird. This is supposed to work with all OS :(