The Knife of the Traitor[NaNoRenO 2012] Translations!!!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

Re: The Knife of the Traitor [Comedy/Mystery/GXB][NaNoRenO 2

#76 Post by frederic09 »

i loved the rule #63 fanservice :D
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#77 Post by Anarchy »

the change of narration POV. Sometimes you have something like "You walked up to the balcony" and then "Os decided not to say anything." That's inconsistent, so be sure to fix that when you go over the script again.
Seriously?! noooooooooooo thought I'd caught all of that. Thanks for pointing it out, will fix in the updated version.

Noctelle
Regular
Projects: ⋆The Abyss: (otome GxG/GxB) ⋆
Tumblr: noctelle
Deviantart: noctelle

#78 Post by Noctelle »

I played this game yesterday. It's really well made, the storys good, and as a shame-less shipper it made me happy... I really want to drawn fan art.. xD

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#79 Post by clua »

distorsion wrote: Yes, exactly! We love him because he's a bad puppy who feels ABSOLUTELY NO REMORSE for his naughtyness! >w<
XDD Talking with Anarchy I got the impression that Gervase was the most popular of the group but when I see the poll Corvus wins..welp
Cidz wrote:I played through this once, LOL i got bad ends, that usually seems to be the case when i first play through something. Still I really liked it! I love your art! <3 and the characters were intersting, i wanna go for the dog boy he's kind of cute
too bad he killed me and ate my body T_T oh and i also thought the suicide was a nice twist. i thought corvas did it! >_<
I'll have to play through this again try to get the good ends lol.
Yes!!
Thats why there exist the old saying "Breed crows and they would eat your eyes" Or some sort actually I dont know if theres an english translation of this saying ahaha---I choosed to make Corvus a crow(lol) because its an obvious asociation with treason.
Hope you get the good end! See the walktrough better since the part were
Gervase attacks Corvus
in this version is very ambiguous(I apology for this to everybody..That was my bad..orz)
awesomeautumn wrote:I just finished playing the game! Completely not what I was expecting, but in an amazing way! The art was gorgeous, and the story was really original. All of the characters were awesome. I knew I immediately had to get all the endings~
The only thing that makes me sad about the game is that in the gallery you can view the CGs but not the backgrounds you get after seeing the characters' endings, which are so pretty and I want to see them all the time xD
XDD those cgs are on their way to be wallpapers..I wanted to make one when you finished all the good endings but I was lazy : D :
Thank you so much for playing!!
silenteve wrote:I finally got around to finishing it! Loved the art and the music was very suitable for the game ^^
My favorite guy was Lilja; Most likely because he's kind of crazy :D But my favorite ending was Gervase's good end x) Though I actually like Vosges's bad end :p
Os is a sweet girl, and I would have never guessed who the culprit was (except I read the spoilers in the thread so I already knew at the beginning).
The special extra stuff was very nice :)
Lovely game~ Can't wait to play your other game when you finish (The Hurtful Wall, I believe?)
Yey for the music!! And Im also glad that you liked Lilja ahahah!
My favorite end after Corvus(lol Im so obvious...Is Lilja s bad end I really felt very bad drawing each scene but Lilja was the worst for me ahaha, adding the sfx and replaying it lots of times to find bugs ;_;)
The Hurtful Wall is defenitely very different to this..I dont know what you guys will think but I hope you enjoy it too!
Thank you so much for playing it!!
CheeryMoya wrote:Arrrrrggggggghhhhh finished it DDDDDDD: Half of the battle was trying to battle the damn lag on my computer (it can't run even the most basic of Ren'Py games without complaining... how the hell am I going to get through the rest of the NaNo games this year?!?), the other half was trying to get the good endings for each guy. Between enjoying the music when the window froze and trying to remember what combinations of options I already chose, this was quite the game.
Truth be told, I liked Vosges bad ending the best. Crazy purple eyes FTW :D Other bad endings weren't as dramatic, and the good endings seemed to have less "hooray, you didn't die" impact on me. A little more development on the characters would help, so I'll be sure to check the update when it comes.
Favorite guy? That's really hard for me to say for this one :C Vosges is megane, but he's also the shouta. Gervase is a perv, and Corvus is just a sweet doormat... Aw to hell with it, Lilja was the best. HAHAHAHAHAHAA!! There's no denying his gorgeousness, and he was really entertaining.

Hurr, sorry if I can't say anything particularly meaningful right now. My head hurts and I feel drained at the moment, but I really love the atmosphere you set up here. Though one thing I must point out: the change of narration POV. Sometimes you have something like "You walked up to the balcony" and then "Os decided not to say anything." That's inconsistent, so be sure to fix that when you go over the script again.

Also fanservice is much appreciated.
XD Oh my...I have the same problem recently...There always appear a performance warning everytime I launch a renpy game...And I feel very unconfortable with that but I guess It cant be helped since my pc is sh-t...I downloaded every nano game so i will manage to play them all also! But Im most worried about the hurtful wall since Im the kind of person that makes a lot of things and forgets about everything else I did before..So I have to finish the script before my gelatin might crumbles
Weee after Corvus I like Vosges best but I guess since my intention was a comedy game I didnt realized that Vosges would be like a rock inside jelly.I was pointing to something like Makai Kingdom but my angst always betray me...Im glad that you liked his ending through ehehe.
HAHAHAHAH luckly Lilja will have an extra cameo on the bonus part Im writting....Also Im surprised nobody has talked about
Ecchin
gosh and I didnt sleep because I was thinking how to draw her sprite..
Ah crap thank you for pointing that out...Every ambiguous thing is my fault since Anarchy was fixing all my horrible writting also we were fighting plot holes on each script version(Lol I had fun...)
Noctelle wrote:I played this game yesterday. It's really well made, the storys good, and as a shame-less shipper it made me happy... I really want to drawn fan art.. xD
;__________________; oh gosh when I read fanart there s a chill on my spine(On a good way of course Im a very emotive person!)
Im very glad that you liked it also welcome to the forums! I think you are new XD!

Hey guys sorry for the late reply! I was doing this:
I might bring one of each character(might be posted on the blog because spoilers)
since I like to do this incredible useless things...orz
(This is not edited by Anarchy ehehe so Im sorry for the typos, grammar insults.)
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Noctelle
Regular

#80 Post by Noctelle »

clua wrote:
Noctelle wrote:I played this game yesterday. It's really well made, the storys good, and as a shame-less shipper it made me happy... I really want to drawn fan art.. xD
;__________________; oh gosh when I read fanart there s a chill on my spine(On a good way of course Im a very emotive person!)
Im very glad that you liked it also welcome to the forums! I think you are new XD!

.)
FANART MODE ACTIVATE! I sketched/ painted you some fanarts like I said I would. :D Also even though I don't have much watchers Via D.A I will still shamelessly promote it. xD

Thanks and yeah, your right I am new. Even though I've been lurking the forum for some time. V<V
Attachments
http://noctelle.deviantart.com/#/d4vy0pf
http://noctelle.deviantart.com/#/d4vy0pf

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by clua »

Noctelle wrote:
clua wrote:

.)
FANART MODE ACTIVATE! I sketched/ painted you some fanarts like I said I would. :D Also even though I don't have much watchers Via D.A I will still shamelessly promote it. xD

Thanks and yeah, your right I am new. Even though I've been lurking the forum for some time. V<V
;__________________________________;
You did it on traditional media!! Its so nice!
Thank you so much!! Can I post it on my blog? I will post your deviantart page also ;D!!
Goooshh I really like how you drew Os eyeballs XDDD
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Noctelle
Regular

#82 Post by Noctelle »

clua wrote: ;__________________________________;
Thank you so much!! Can I post it on my blog? I will post your deviantart page also ;D!!
I love traditional media <3 (Haha its my preference xD).
Also your very much welcome, and of course you can! I'd love you to post it :3 and thanks, xD I think they look a tiny bit silly but I like them too. >u<

KimmyBlue

#83 Post by KimmyBlue »

I absolutely love it
the art, the music and everythinggg D:
<3

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#84 Post by 9:19 »

Boo.

I climbed 10 flights of stairs today so elements and principles of design can suck it.

...I'm sorry. (。-_-。) I'll stop fooling around and work on it properly now.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#85 Post by CheeryMoya »

Okay, finally re-collected myself enough to say coherent things.

I really enjoyed the music you selected for this game. At first I was confused why some 8-bit tunes were coming my way, but then it grew on me. By the time I was finishing up the last bad end (yay), I couldn't imagine the soundtrack sounding like anything else.

Art-wise, all the elements were just spectacular together. It was the combination of premise and art that drew me in initially, and you really delivered :D I could play this game over and over and still enjoy the gloomy atmosphere (lolwut am I saying).

Storyline could definitely be expanded on, though it's solid already.
Some suggestions though: Gervase has a dirty mouth and colorful vocabulary, but he still says "poop" sometimes. Other times you have him going all out and saying "shit" among other words, so why not have him always cuss? I found it a bit strange. Also, Corvus might have been higher on my list if at the end, he said "Yes... my dear." or something to that effect instead of the same "my lady." Now wouldn't that make your heart throb? <3 It's cuter and shows more development on his part, IMO.
clua wrote:Also Im surprised nobody has talked about
Ecchin
AHAHAHAHAHA, Ecchin? She was entertaining, but she only made a small appearance. In the update she should definitely play a bigger role.
I've seen your WIP for The Hurtful Wall, and I'll be sure to follow it closely now after playing TKOT C:

Random note that's not really relevant to anyone: the day after I complained about my slow as hell computer, my dad took me shopping for a new laptop O: No more laggy computer, but now I don't have enough time to finish all the games I DL'd orz This always happens...

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#86 Post by clua »

Noctelle wrote:
Also your very much welcome, and of course you can! I'd love you to post it :3 and thanks, xD I think they look a tiny bit silly but I like them too. >u<
I used to do traditional media too It makes me very nostalgic ºqº
XD They look like they are going to take a walk!
KimmyBlue wrote:I absolutely love it
the art, the music and everythinggg D:
<3
Im very glad!! Thank you so much for playing it!
9:19 wrote:Boo.

I climbed 10 flights of stairs today so elements and principles of design can suck it.

...I'm sorry. (。-_-。) I'll stop fooling around and work on it properly now.
Noo why are you saying sorry!! Its very beautiful! I really like how you draw people, they look very human to me.
hng that Corvus and his radioactive red eyes ºqº...Work properly?? D:: Isnt it finished? It looks so awesome already ºqº
Can i post it on my blog?(Lol Im totally drawing something for Tonight XD)
CheeryMoya wrote:Okay, finally re-collected myself enough to say coherent things.

I really enjoyed the music you selected for this game. At first I was confused why some 8-bit tunes were coming my way, but then it grew on me. By the time I was finishing up the last bad end (yay), I couldn't imagine the soundtrack sounding like anything else.

Art-wise, all the elements were just spectacular together. It was the combination of premise and art that drew me in initially, and you really delivered :D I could play this game over and over and still enjoy the gloomy atmosphere (lolwut am I saying).

Storyline could definitely be expanded on, though it's solid already.
Some suggestions though: Gervase has a dirty mouth and colorful vocabulary, but he still says "poop" sometimes. Other times you have him going all out and saying "shit" among other words, so why not have him always cuss? I found it a bit strange. Also, Corvus might have been higher on my list if at the end, he said "Yes... my dear." or something to that effect instead of the same "my lady." Now wouldn't that make your heart throb? <3 It's cuter and shows more development on his part, IMO.
clua wrote:Also Im surprised nobody has talked about
Ecchin
AHAHAHAHAHA, Ecchin? She was entertaining, but she only made a small appearance. In the update she should definitely play a bigger role.
I've seen your WIP for The Hurtful Wall, and I'll be sure to follow it closely now after playing TKOT C:

Random note that's not really relevant to anyone: the day after I complained about my slow as hell computer, my dad took me shopping for a new laptop O: No more laggy computer, but now I don't have enough time to finish all the games I DL'd orz This always happens...
About the music I guess I was very stubborn with the choice...Many people said that It didnt fitted, and maybe not totally but I also couldnt think of another music to be in the game(I specially liked Lilja theme, I made him speak faster in purpose because of the music lol)
Btw Im going to play My beautiful AI today XD Im going to give my thoughts also!(Im a secret fan of Dollywitch music)

XDD But believe me! when I draw this kind of stuff with bones eyes and such...I think its cute D:...maybe Im too colorful..
About Gervase not being more dirty with his talking well I can agree but him saying poop I find it cute lol.
And Corvus saying "My lady" instead of something more lovey its because he confessed but it doesnt change the fact that In that point he is still her servant, and Os didnt gave him an answer!(remember to give an answer when someone confess to you! Its important D:!) Lol Im such a cold person.

I will have an extra part on the fanservice section which takes place when Os was still a kid an she mets everyone for first time.Also a part after the tower events.
And about Ecchin she will haha...Maybe another God will appear also.
XD Im glad for you!! Its annoying when the pc is slow...Hope you find free time to spent playing!

This is something I posted on my blog, this are the sprites I might use in an extra part of the game:
kid Os and kid/chick Corvus
also that is Lord Skedel, Os father >>
I have to edit that crown...
btw this was the first child Os I drew...
maybe I should switch designs? what do you guys think?(Although I might remove the eyes.)
ahaha gosh Im taking forever to answer ;_:
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Noctelle
Regular

#87 Post by Noctelle »

clua wrote:
Noctelle wrote:
I used to do traditional media too It makes me very nostalgic ºqº
XD They look like they are going to take a walk!
Nastalgia's always good. xD also the new sketches look cool.

....WAH mini-corvus! he's adorable ;v;

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#88 Post by 9:19 »

@clua: Yep! Go ahead and blog it. Unpolished as it is, it's yours now. XD When I said I'd work on it I meant I should start drawing. What you have right now is chicken scratch on a colour palette; I haven't actually done anything yet. Er. OTL
clua wrote:(Lol Im totally drawing something for Tonight XD)

Aaaanyway. I think the current sprite for Os is fine, though if I were to pitch in, I'd say you should add a necklace with a humongous eyeball to it and call it Os' first prize of war. ( ̄ー ̄)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#89 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

o3o

I hope you like it. I'm still pretty new to GIFs, but it was fun to do~

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#90 Post by SilverxBlue »

My God... Words cannot describe how much I love this VN. It was truly an awesome piece of work and I found myself liking all the characters. XD I totally started laughing out loud from the very beginning.
I still can't get over their names when you first meet the guys. "Weird looking chicken"... "WTF"... "Puppy with Heat", seriously, I still find myself giggling when I remember it.
My favorite guy has got to be Gervase... His first interactions with Os and some of his lines were just made out of pure win, but the ending I liked the most was that of Lilja's.

Anyway, awesome job, really. That's all I can really say. :D
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!