Fatal Hearts (GxB/G, now free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Fatal Hearts

#106 Post by papillon »

Heads-up that the game is on special one-day discount today (Sept 22) for $3 at Big Fish Games. (I just found out myself.)

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#107 Post by distorsion »

Mac version?
*hopeful*
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#108 Post by papillon »

Sorry. It was written in GM, not RenPy, and using sufficient amounts of weird GM code to do all the puzzles that porting it would take a LOT of work. The standard GM4Mac wouldn't do it. Spiky's porting project that he used to get CKK working on a Mac wouldn't either without a bunch more being done to it.

Considering the amount of time it would take it seems more practical to spend that time working on new games.

We could rip out the text and sprites and make a quickie RenPy version that contained only the plot and none of the puzzles, but that would sort of lose a lot of the fun of the game, no?

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#109 Post by distorsion »

I just finished playing the game on my dad's new pc, therefor I can now wholeheartedly agree that yes, a quickie version for macs would not do justice to the real game.
As for the story's paths and various endings, they were well written and I enjoyed them. All though I must say I was disappointed by the lack of a real kiss cg with Randy. Tim's path was my favorite.
My favorite romantic partners were: Randy, because he looks all big and tough but is actually adorably sweet and huggable and protective
Tim, because he's kind of wild and cocky yet smart and can be very serious when talking about his beliefs
Lucy, because she's cute and fun and kind of mischevious
My favorite ending is a tie between "New Order" and "Hopeful Future".
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

Re: Fatal Hearts (GxB/G, now free)

#110 Post by papillon »

Bumping up a full ten years after release to say that this game is now available for free/donations on itch.io

https://hanakogames.itch.io/fatal-hearts

Hope you enjoy!

BlackForestK

#111 Post by BlackForestK »

This was the first visual novel I ever played! Wow, so many memories. <3

Jowando

#112 Post by Jowando »

The storyline is really intriguing, i like it!

Coolgamer

#113 Post by Coolgamer »

I bought this game ages ago via Manifesto Games. Think it was $20 back then? A real shame that company went out of business.

There was about four or five files in my data folder that for some reason never decrypted to images like the rest, even though the gallery is fully unlocked. Guessing whatever program was originally used to encode them is lost now though. My OCD just wonders what the heck I missed.

Hopefully, some of the other "no longer available" games might become freeware someday? I know there's three or four that are no longer available for direct purchase.

Also, just wondering as well, if I bought Cute Knight Deluxe ages ago, is it possible to unlock the version on itch.io? I still have my receipt.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#114 Post by papillon »

Coolgamer wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 am I bought this game ages ago via Manifesto Games. Think it was $20 back then? A real shame that company went out of business.

There was about four or five files in my data folder that for some reason never decrypted to images like the rest, even though the gallery is fully unlocked. Guessing whatever program was originally used to encode them is lost now though. My OCD just wonders what the heck I missed.

Hopefully, some of the other "no longer available" games might become freeware someday? I know there's three or four that are no longer available for direct purchase.

Also, just wondering as well, if I bought Cute Knight Deluxe ages ago, is it possible to unlock the version on itch.io? I still have my receipt.
No, sorry. I don't know how to port over purchases like that, and for most games it would create problems if I did (the key distributions would get all snarled up).

If you have an old BMT Micro receipt and need a new download of that installer you can send it to me like usual to get a fresh download.

I'm really uncertain about whether to add any of the other ancient no-longer-available games because, well, most of them are ugly and I don't really want them sitting there next to the rest looking bad :)