Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#3676 Post by lepapillonrouge »

hory sheit

Your sketches are lovely 15385bic! I wish when I sketched on paper it looked like that ;w;
deviantART
---------------------

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#3677 Post by 15385bic »

lepapillonrouge wrote:hory sheit

Your sketches are lovely 15385bic! I wish when I sketched on paper it looked like that ;w;
thanks X)

I'm doing one for Lemmasoft forums too so you should request ;)

Zylinder
Veteran

#3678 Post by Zylinder »

clua wrote:
Zylinder wrote:Was doing a style experiment doodle... And decided to amuse myself with a Pokemon game's sailor. And imagined a VN where you conquered eligibles by making a great first impression : stomping all over their pets and taking half their money away.

wow nice coloring!
Thank you! Was trying something lighter and softer, but picked the wrong brush and it ended up just about the usual orz

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#3679 Post by Hayzel »

Went from
to

I fail so much at digital art XD

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3680 Post by Applegate »

I like it, but I must point out the tie knot is a bit too high. I threw this together quickly:

The tie is wrapped around the neck, and you wear it under the collar, so it should be at a lower height, and there should be straps extending into the collar area. Exception is if it's a pin-on tie, but even then it's at the same general height. (and pin-on ties should really only be worn if you can hide the fact it's not strapped around your neck!)

(Also as you can see I'm even worse at drawing)

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#3681 Post by Hayzel »

Applegate wrote:I like it, but I must point out the tie knot is a bit too high. I threw this together quickly:

The tie is wrapped around the neck, and you wear it under the collar, so it should be at a lower height, and there should be straps extending into the collar area. Exception is if it's a pin-on tie, but even then it's at the same general height. (and pin-on ties should really only be worn if you can hide the fact it's not strapped around your neck!)

(Also as you can see I'm even worse at drawing)
Haha, I didn't notice I did that XP Stupid ties...only good for...X3 Anyway~ Thank you :3

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3682 Post by Applegate »

Hayzel wrote:Haha, I didn't notice I did that XP Stupid ties...only good for...X3 Anyway~ Thank you :3
Wh- ties are amazing things, don't you hate on them! (idly, you put it at perfect height with its lower part: the end of the lowest part should ideally be just a bit above your belly button, or so I am told)

(by told I mean yelled at for not having it that way)

Hayzel
Veteran

#3683 Post by Hayzel »

Applegate wrote:
Hayzel wrote:Haha, I didn't notice I did that XP Stupid ties...only good for...X3 Anyway~ Thank you :3
Wh- ties are amazing things, don't you hate on them! (idly, you put it at perfect height with its lower part: the end of the lowest part should ideally be just a bit above your belly button, or so I am told)

What? I was told the point is to end at your belt. I think it depends on the knot you tie~ And I like ties...I just don't like to use to tie them...at least in tie knots -w-

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3684 Post by fleet »

Hayzel wrote:
Applegate wrote:

What? I was told the point is to end at your belt. I think it depends on the knot you tie~ And I like ties...I just don't like to use to tie them...at least in tie knots -w-
Four viewpoints (from doing a google search).

1. The widest part of your tie should hang roughly at the same height as the upper edge of your leather belt, with the tie's tip extending slightly below it. The tip of the narrow end would then hang wherever it may.

2. The necktie should be tied so that the tip of the tie ends near the center of your belt buckle.

3. When standing, the tip of your tie should just touch the top of your belt buckle.

4. The tip of the tie should lie somewhere between the top of your belt buckle and the bottom.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#3685 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

3. When standing, the tip of your tie should just touch the top of your belt buckle.
This is what we were taught in the military. If the end of your tie is falling at or above your belly button, either your tie is too short, you tied it wrong, or you are too fat and need a longer tie. :mrgreen:

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#3686 Post by Hijiri »

Just a small drawing of my character Riley. Background was done just to keep me from just posting transparent stuff >>
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#3687 Post by TsukiShima »

The newest drawing that I did seriously for now (thought I really want to practice background, it was a failure >__< )
After finishing this, I can't help but dislike the result. I felt the sketch version is much better.
I don't know how I can improve more..
dif.png

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#3688 Post by Androol »

Strange, for me the best part is the coloration in your drawing. I like the cloth color and shading, same for the skin. The girl's hair is a level under the rest of the coloring, they seem a little flat and badly shaded. Maybe more contrast can improve that part, I'm not sure, or some highlights. Where cotton cloth and skin react smoothly to light, hair and eyes are more subject to have some highlights, the same for cloth in silk for example.

In the sketch the girl's eyes look better than in the color version. You were more subtle in the shadowing in grey scale. In color they look like cut in two by the middle, dark in the high and light in the low.

The forearms of the guy especially is right (on the left on of him on the sketch) look too skinny, the other in this POV is flatened on the table it is less shocking. Same problem in both sketch and colored version.

The girl's hands are too small compared to a real body, hands are almost as long as a character face. You can try with your hand hiding half your face in front of a mirror to look the proportion, maybe you aren't builded like me but I think I am right.

In the sketch what I like the most is the cloth design and the faces, the design is almost the same with the colored version ain't the cup who doesn't let see the open shirt of the guy. certainly to help him have less coffee on this fine shirt I assume. A little less sexy hiding himself behind the cup.

All that said I suck at coloring myself, it's far easier to think you have spotted the problem of other than solve your own, I always expect time and practice will solve mine, in a way or another.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#3689 Post by TsukiShima »

^ Thank you so much for the kind comments Androol. Your comments help me a lot. I do realized the problems on the girl's face but I didn't know how to fix that. As for the others, there's no deny that I am pretty weak for anatomy, that's why I'm challenging myself to practice more.
I happy that you like the clothing though, since I've been practicing too much for the head, I was more focus on the clothes than anything else, thus I left the hair part. (I guess I should learn to balance that next time).

I will practice more, and hope that I'll improve more and more, thank you again!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#3690 Post by Mink »

Because I hate myself, everyone in the C!P remake is probably going to have multiple poses:
^Susan concepts

Someday I'll be able to draw arms properly. Wait, am I cutting off the back of her head?
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*