This might not be the right place for this but...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

This might not be the right place for this but...

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#2 Post by dizzcity »

Am deeply sympathetic. Hope that you'll recover the full usage of your thumb once again. And may God be with you.

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Wow... I feel a lot of sympathy for you because this is definitely one of my would-be nightmares :/... I dearly hope you'll get your thumb back to a useable state.

Jake
Support Hero

#4 Post by Jake »

Man... you certainly have more sympathy from me than I could convey properly in a forum post. For me art is just a hobby, and I'm not even very good at it, but I'd be utterly devastated if I suddenly couldn't draw...

Good luck! May the operation go well and your recovery be speedy!

(And I will never cease to be amazed by the presence of mind displayed by people in serious accidents!)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

Good luck to you. I have actually also had an accident that cut through my nerves, although not as severe as losing a finger altogether - but my wrist looks like I tried to take my life, with its 24 stiches. For quite some time I couldn't feel two of my left hand fingers and all my left hand fingertips, but it gradually got better over the years and now I'm back to normal again. The only thing that remains is the scar (which is very cool and you can brag about it around women), and a slight tickle in my index finger when I touch my palm in a certain way. Other than that, I'm as good as new, so be optimistic, it may take a while, but you should be fine. First of all, good luck, hope everything goes well, and second... enjoy Hong Kong :wink: .

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#6 Post by F.I.A »

I give my sympathy to you. Yea, a hand is indeed a tool artist cannot lack.

Good luck on your travel to Hong Kong. Hope the your hand will feel as good as before soon.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

Best wishes to you, and thanks for sharing, hard as it was.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#8 Post by papillon »

Glaaah! Glad you're still mostly intact, and hope they can fix the non-working bits...

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by musical74 »

I agree fully with Jake...it's very hard to convey how I feel in a post.

It's great that you survived such a horrible accident...I can only imagine what pain you are going through :? I can't imagine losing something that brings me so much joy...

Please keep us updated - in PM if you want - to let us know how everything goes. Good luck on the surgery and hopefully you will have your thumb back and fully working.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#10 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm shocked.
I had no idea your problem was that serious. I thought it was maybe a temporary fracture or something. I was just about to send you a pm asking you why you haven't updated me for awhile when I saw this topic. There's no need to apologize to me. None of this was your fault after all. I just wish you the best of luck. (incidentally, your story has inspired me to do a few major edits on my part of our collaborative project.)

looks like I'll be sticking around here a little while longer after all. Again, good luck on your operation, hope to see you back here at 100% in a few months.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Radhreni
Regular

Re: This might not be the right place for this but...

#11 Post by Radhreni »

mugenjohncel wrote:Theoretically this will give my numb thumb feelings once more but there is a downside... in my case they were going to remove some nerves from my Index finger and place it in my numb thumb and that will definitely takes some time getting use to it since I'm (theoretically) will feel my thumb as another Index finger (...I hope that doesn't sound confusing).
The concept is making my head spin, but it's no fault of yours. At first I thought "Wait, all sensation mapping is done in the brain," but I suppose it'd be mapping to the cells directly, wouldn't it? (I am not a neurological expert nor do I claim to be.)

I hope the surgery and therapy go well. The thought of losing my ability to draw scares me, and if I end up getting arthritis like my grandmother did (in her late 20s, and multiple varieties) that could happen. Still a few years yet to wait and see. And if my son ends up artistically inclined, too, the risk is greater for him (it's on both sides of his family tree).

Mr. E
Regular

#12 Post by Mr. E »

Wow... You're showing up much more courage than I would if I was in your place. Best of luck with the operation, Hong Kong and your drawings.