Should I keep writing this project? (BXB)

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
risingdreams
Regular

Should I keep writing this project? (BXB)

#1 Post by risingdreams »

Not too long ago, I started to write a script for a visual novel called "Corrupted Data" for reasons expalined early in the game. It was initially going to be Otome, but I decided to go for BXB instead. I'm currently starting to write one of the three routes, and included profiles.

The protagonist haunts a school with dorms and counts with the help of a medium to find out why he's not able to move on to the afterlife. A new school year starts, and new students arrive, including a second medium and a boy who seems to have some connection to the protagonist. Not only that, but a second ghost starts haunting the school. I'm aiming for mystery, romance and it's set in Japan for practical reasons: I could only find background images in Japanese sites. I will be doing my research, though.

I would like someone to read the script, and tell me wheter I should keep going or not. Also, I was requested profiles of the characters, so here they are.
Attachments
corrupted_data.dot
(75.5 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Dakishimete
Regular
Projects: The Cave
Organization: Fudaki Productions

Re: Should I keep writing this project? (BXB)

#2 Post by Dakishimete »

If you want it, I'll read it and PM you my thoughts but before that I have the same advice I usually give - you may want to find yourself an editor. Then you won't have to share your script with everyone so early.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Should I keep writing this project? (BXB)

#3 Post by Applegate »

As a writer, you must convince yourself that what you are writing is a story worth telling. Relying on others to tell you your endeavours are worthwhile is giving your confidence to someone else for safekeeping, and praying they won't misuse it.

Write this story if YOU think it is worthwhile to read.