Heartful Chance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yukixrima

Re: Heartful Chance~!

#31 Post by yukixrima »

Kyaaaaaaaa~ Henri was my fave!!! :D <3 Thank you so much for this game! I can't wait for your next ones!!! ^_^

mapletaffy
Regular

#32 Post by mapletaffy »

@roundmetal: Thank you for playing~ (。◕‿◕。) I hope you liked pink~

@lilangelmamimi: Thank you for playing~ and I'm glad you enjoyed it~≧◡≦ Yes~ the coinflip was about the randomness of love but in the game it doesn't have any special random action code to randomize it. . .it's just there. . . Thanks again for the feedback~ (◕‿◕✿)

@yukixrima: Thank you for playing~ I'm glad you enjoyed the game~~~~(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by mapletaffy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magicprincess20
Regular

#33 Post by Magicprincess20 »

When are you going to start working on your next game?

mapletaffy
Regular

#34 Post by mapletaffy »

@Magicprincess20: I'm already thinking for the concept~(。◕‿◕。)~ But right now, I really don't know when I can actually start it~

salis
Regular
Projects: Too many~!

#35 Post by salis »

Another adorable game from you, mapletaffy! Nice work. Both routes for Heartful Chance~! were cute and funny! I had a lot o fun.

The artwork was stunning, as usual! Lots of CGs and cut-ins to enjoy. And adorable chibi scenes! It’s obvious you’ve put a lot of heart into this. The stories were sweet and well paced and full of laughs. You have a great sense of humor, and I liked the throwback to your previous game, Witch Spell, in the dialogue and music. As others have mentioned before me, it was a bit predictable at certain points, but I thought the endings were fitting for both stories.

As for the characters themselves, for me, Kouhei was too similar in both looks and personality to Jin from your previous game. From the color of their hair, shape of their eyes, and polite attitudes, they’re almost identical, so try to vary your characters a little more next time. Henri was really cool, though! He’s definitely going to be everyone’s favorite. And Charlotte really surprsied me! I love how manipulative she is.

The custom menus and interface really wowed me. You definitely weaved the theme of Heartful Chance~! into everything, and that’s awesome! The only problem I had was with the Choice text. It was difficult to read with the letters colliding into each other like that.

Because of the multiple typos and grammar mistakes in this game too, I sincerely hope you take my advice this time and ask someone to proofread your next project. Having someone read and correct your script would really help to make your games even better! And a spell-check would definitely catch those little spelling mistakes.

You’ve really improved since last time, but there’s still room for more! Keep at it and I’ll be looking forward to playing your next game!
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com

thisisausername
Regular

#36 Post by thisisausername »

i really liked ur game!!!!! henri was really cool!!!!! it shocked me that he was the
radio person that eimi was talking to every night!!!!
umm one question though...(wasn't sure if everyone finished the game so im putting int in spoilers)
why did kouhei went offline when eimi said hi to him??? he didnt hate her that time, right??

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#37 Post by Twisted-Eva »

thisisausername wrote:i really liked ur game!!!!! henri was really cool!!!!! it shocked me that he was the
radio person that eimi was talking to every night!!!!
umm one question though...(wasn't sure if everyone finished the game so im putting int in spoilers)
why did kouhei went offline when eimi said hi to him??? he didnt hate her that time, right??
I think it's unclear, but the best I could deduce is that Kouhei was probably just shy... or it's just a simple misunderstanding... that scene was funny though.
Deviantart Account
Current Project: Our Crossing Paths [GxB] [Alternate History/Drama]

mapletaffy
Regular

#38 Post by mapletaffy »

@Salis: Thank you for playing~! and thank you for appreciating the game (◠‿◠)~ And yes~ I put a lot of heart in it~(literally and figuratively).
Yes~ Jin is similar to Kouhei. . .I'm so happy that someone noticed it~ XD Their looks are the same. . but I did not notice it until I finished all the sprites of Heartful and put them side by side with the Witch Spell sprites~
I'm sorry about the choice text that are colliding. . I guess you downloaded the optimized version? That's my problem with the optimized version~ I found out that the text in the menu was colliding but I can't change it because the text in the textbox will suffer~ (T.T)
Yes~ I will take your advice this time~ and I'll remember those pointers for my future games~ thank you again for the feedback~ (◠‿◠)

@thisisausername: Thank you for playing~And yes, Kouhei did not hate Eimi when she said "Hi". . .Twisted-eva is right~ he is just so shy that time so he become nervous and then went offline~ But maybe his internet connection is so slow and become choppy~(。◕‿◕。)

@Twisted-Eva: Waah~ Thank you~~\(°∀°)/~

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#39 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

I am so happy you made this game!!
Right now I am downloading it!
I haven't played it yet but I have to say that the art looks pretty good!!

I'll be back in a few(after I finishes playing it)
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#40 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

Wah~! I loved this game. I think I couldn't go a few moments without smiling at just how bubbly it is. xD I love the references Eimi makes in her narration too--makes me able to relate to her more, haha!

Oh, and the ending--I was totally not expecting the second revelation, but it makes sense to me now. o.o

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#41 Post by tuna_sushi »

I just finished this game, and it actually exceeded my expectations! :D
The GUI was beautiful~~~
The story was cute and funny, the chibi CGs helped it a lot! XD
I can see a lot of improvements since your last VN, Witch Spell.
I wish you good luck on your next project!

mapletaffy
Regular

#42 Post by mapletaffy »

@Diamondrosetears: Thank you for downloading~ (◕‿◕✿)

@Poketto kunoichi: Thank you for playing~ I'm glad that you can relate to Eimi~~●‿● Thanks for the feedback~

@tuna_sushi: Thank you for the feedback~~~I'm happy that you enjoyed the game~~~(●‿●)

arisa11via

#43 Post by arisa11via »

I LOVE THIS GAME !

mapletaffy
Regular

#44 Post by mapletaffy »

@ arisa11via: Thank you~(◕‿◕✿)

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#45 Post by Cidz »

i played your game and got both guys! theres much i wanted to say, but im rly sick and tired so forgive me if this is short :(

i loved the art, animation, GUI, the whole design was adorable and so well done! youve inspired me to have a cute GUI/menus like that someday for my own games. the boys were cute too and so was the girl and her friend. i loved the expressions on thier faces as well haha.

the writing was cute and sweet i think i liked henri's route better cuz i like guys like him haha, but uhmm kohei? (sorry i probably got the name wrong) he was cute as well. it was a fun short game to play and i really enjoyed it.

it also had me laughing haha, and they say laughters the best medicine so im sure it helped me feel better!

so overall i really liked it, and i dont have any complains. i look forward to any other games you bring out.