ClichéTV: Indefinite Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

ClichéTV: Indefinite Hiatus

#1 Post by Gear »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been a very bumpy ride. When we set out to create this project in February, we had a very specific statement made: if we don't finish the project, we can at least say we tried, and had fun doing so. With that spirit in mind, it is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement - Effective immediately, ClichéTV is on indefinite hiatus.

Ultimately, one of our former members effectively has killed this collaborative project. The general consensus on LemmaSoft now is to ignore all collaborative projects because of the drama, and pretend they don't exist, which is a huge blow to any collaborative effort (though I can't say I blame anyone for that, as I would do the same). Without any more external resources, and with a massive shortage of talent (especially in the realm of graphic art), CTV is not likely to move forward any time soon.

I say 'hiatus' because if, for some reason, things work out better in the future, the game may yet be completed by a small team, so I will keep all resources dedicated to the project. The Spartan Build Team ( http://www.renaigames.com/forum ) has officially stated that any writers who turned in their modules will have their full support in turning those modules into standalone games, if the writer should so see fit. Otherwise, the modules will be mothballed to possibly be continued in the future.

Despite the incidents that plagued both projects, I would like to say it was a pleasure working with all of you, and that I hope this doesn't signify the end of our partnerships. Many of us have private projects we are working on, and I still believe that the same spirit of camaraderie and creative drive that brought us together to begin with can allow us to band together for smaller projects in smaller groups. Don't hesitate to contact each other. We should still be friends after everything is said and done. We are video game creators, a small, niche group with abundant imaginations and dedication to our creative causes, and we have to stick together.

I hope that you move on to create more amazing work, and don't let this stop you, or slow you down. Every one of you has proven to be highly talented, and able to bring much to the table. Don't let the actions of one person halt your drive to completion.

Regards, and well wishes for the future,
Kieran "Gear" O'Donnell
Donald "Spartan" Harrison
Last edited by Gear on Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: ClichéTV: Television That Watches You

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

As I've written the modules, I can't recommend bookmarking this thread enough! :wink:

This project is looking to be pretty fun, if anyone's curious. I'm still amazed and excited that we're going to end up doing voice acting. :lol:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ClichéTV: Indefinite Hiatus

#3 Post by Gear »

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for your time, but this project is now closing. Please read the announcement in the first post for details.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Amarrez
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere

#4 Post by Amarrez »

who drama here

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Gear »

Beg pardon?

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#6 Post by Dollywitch »

This was not due to any "past members", it was Gear's decision alone and implicating past collaborators is both incorrect and unfair.

Also, it should not be allowed on this forum. Going by what renpytom said in another thread-
All negative comments about another user's behavior must be backed by a link to publicly accessible information that allows me and any other user to see that behavior.
I had several posts deleted due to this rule. Other people have pointed out the problem in Gear's post, he's done nothing. Also, this shouldn't even technically be in this forum, but the subforum. There was another thread posted only a few days ago as well, it could have been a response to that.

Renpytom has decided to contradict himself utterly and decide that potential flame bait remarks like that are alright if he's in the mood for it. He also flipped at me out of nowhere when I was being civil with him, so discussing this in private is not an option.

This is really getting ridiculous. If collab drama is to be banned from the forums, this shouldn't be let here. Regardless of whether or not it names names, it's implicating potentially a lot of people and causing bad blood without backing it up. At least, according to the logic that is sometimes upheld when Tom feels like it. You are not going to get something to calm down by actively antagonising people on a subject, regardless.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#7 Post by Dollywitch »

also, some of the PMs I've gotten from gear have been pretty crazy.
You betrayed the project and joined in Moya screwing with the Dropbox files, and revealing data to people we hadn't decided to. Treason, I think is the word, and in most countries, you can be put to death. Granted, this is no country, so kicking you out of the project for that is a rather light sentence, overall.
You really think PyTom will fall for your fake waterworks?
Because, you know, you're queen of everything, so you MUST have everything you want anytime you want it because you have SUCH a horrible life, now the world owes you.

Yeah, that's it.
I can also post the Skype logs if I can get a hand on them which clearly shows it was Sven and Gear causing issues, not myself or Moya.

I'll pull these if Tom apologises because frankly he acted disgracefully and this is something that needed to be dealth with. I had no intention of doing this until he really crossed the line. Apparently if anyone has any issue with anything anyone says, they need to "get over it" even if it's outright abuse(unless it's special abuse that deserves moderation) and the person dishing it out should not be held at fault.

this isn't the first time this way of thinking has chased people out of the community. and this is a clear contradiction on what the admin in question ruled on these threads.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#8 Post by Hijiri »

If we had the mentality you have, we'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, you can't co exist with anyone who isn't you. You are an utterly helpless human being that can't stand being anything less than right 100% and if anyone challenges you, you demonify them and go bitch since you have this urge to fuck people up if they don't utterly submit to you. I may be younger than you, but you're acting no better than a child who dosen't get her way. Grow up for once and accept your own actions as well.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Gear »

Dollywitch, get out of my thread. You are not welcome here, nor have you any right to be here. Your libel will not be tolerated.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Applegate »

Gear, Hijiri, please don't make matters worse.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#11 Post by Dollywitch »

Hijiri wrote:If we had the mentality you have, we'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, you can't co exist with anyone who isn't you. You are an utterly helpless human being that can't stand being anything less than right 100% and if anyone challenges you, you demonify them and go bitch since you have this urge to fuck people up if they don't utterly submit to you. I may be younger than you, but you're acting no better than a child who dosen't get her way. Grow up for once and accept your own actions as well.
Yeah, let's look at the people we're dealing with here -

A guy who protected a bully and lost half of this project team because of it, and still feels the need to implicate me in his project failing;

A guy who who is an expert victim blamer, chased most of the feminist types off his board and decides to make a declaration in one thread saying you can't make certain kinds of posts, yet just ignores you when you point out he refuses to do it in another thread.

Yes it's clearly me at fault and because I have a backbone to stand up to people like that, I'm the one who needs to accept responsibility. Nobody else.

I'm just sick of this bullshit and I'm beyond breaking point with it. If you'd have seen renpytom's tantrum earlier or read Gear's email and defense thereof you might have a different view on who's acting childishly. But that victim blaming mentality runs deep in people like you, and I'm fed up of it.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#12 Post by Dollywitch »

Gear wrote:Dollywitch, get out of my thread. You are not welcome here, nor have you any right to be here. Your libel will not be tolerated.
Oh hi, Libel.
Gear wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been a very bumpy ride. When we set out to create this project in
February, we had a very specific statement made: if we don't finish the
project, we can at least say we tried, and had fun doing so. With that
spirit in mind, it is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement -
Effective immediately, ClichéTV is on indefinite hiatus.

My sources indicate that our former member Dollywitch effectively has
killed both collaborative projects. I can at least confirm that it is true
in this case, that she did manage to stop CTV in its tracks. The general
consensus on LemmaSoft now is to ignore both collaborative projects because
of the drama, and pretend they don't exist, which is a huge blow to any
collaborative effort. Without any more external resources, and with a
massive shortage of talent (especially in the realm of graphic art), CTV is
not likely to move forward any time soon.
I need to retract something I said in my previous e-mail.

Dollywitch's actions ONLY stopped CTV from progressing, but ANARKY's
project is still moving, so I had incomplete information, and I apologize
for that. That said, Team ANARKY will still be continuing, and all are
invited to continue working on their collaborative project.

Thank you for your time,
Gear
According to Hijiri's SUPER MORALS this is okay tho.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#13 Post by Hayzel »

Dollywitch wrote:
Hijiri wrote:If we had the mentality you have, we'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, you can't co exist with anyone who isn't you. You are an utterly helpless human being that can't stand being anything less than right 100% and if anyone challenges you, you demonify them and go bitch since you have this urge to fuck people up if they don't utterly submit to you. I may be younger than you, but you're acting no better than a child who dosen't get her way. Grow up for once and accept your own actions as well.

A guy who protected a bully and lost half of this project team because of it, and still feels the need to implicate me in his project failing;

A guy who who is an expert victim blamer, chased most of the feminist types off his board and decides to make a declaration in one thread saying you can't make certain kinds of posts, yet just ignores you when you point out he refuses to do it in another thread.

Yes it's clearly me at fault and because I have a backbone to stand up to people like that, I'm the one who needs to accept responsibility. Nobody else.

I'm just sick of this bullshit and I'm beyond breaking point with it. If you'd have seen renpytom's tantrum earlier or read Gear's email and defense thereof you might have a different view on who's acting childishly. But that victim blaming mentality runs deep in people like you, and I'm fed up of it.
The childish one is the one that won't let it go and decided to make a spectacle of herself. Enough is enough from all of you. The project ended. If you have personal issues with each other handle them in private/PMS and not all over our forum.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#14 Post by Dollywitch »

Also, I didn't provoke Renpytom on this either, I was actually being perfectly civil. He snapped on me out of nowhere, so at worst I'm returning the favour. But of course, this community has no attitude problems and everything that happens to me is my fault.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#15 Post by Dollywitch »

Hayzel wrote:
Dollywitch wrote:

The childish one is the one that won't let it go and decided to make a spectacle of herself. Enough is enough from all of you. The project ended. If you have personal issues with each other handle them in private/PMS and not all over our forum.
I was trying to work this out maturely in the IRC. It is not my fault some people decided to snap on me. Also, look at the kind of PMs I got from Gear.

It wouldn't have been an issue if 1) Gear didn't try to blame me, twice, via mass email for the project failing, and 2) Renpytom didn't take his side and contradict himself on his own lolbertarian policy.