ClichéTV: Indefinite Hiatus

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: ClichéTV: Indefinite Hiatus

#16 Post by Hijiri »

Dollywitch wrote:
Hijiri wrote:If we had the mentality you have, we'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, you can't co exist with anyone who isn't you. You are an utterly helpless human being that can't stand being anything less than right 100% and if anyone challenges you, you demonify them and go bitch since you have this urge to fuck people up if they don't utterly submit to you. I may be younger than you, but you're acting no better than a child who dosen't get her way. Grow up for once and accept your own actions as well.
Yeah, let's look at the people we're dealing with here -

A guy who protected a bully and lost half of this project team because of it, and still feels the need to implicate me in his project failing;

A guy who who is an expert victim blamer, chased most of the feminist types off his board and decides to make a declaration in one thread saying you can't make certain kinds of posts, yet just ignores you when you point out he refuses to do it in another thread.

Yes it's clearly me at fault and because I have a backbone to stand up to people like that, I'm the one who needs to accept responsibility. Nobody else.

I'm just sick of this bullshit and I'm beyond breaking point with it. If you'd have seen renpytom's tantrum earlier or read Gear's email and defense thereof you might have a different view on who's acting childishly. But that victim blaming mentality runs deep in people like you, and I'm fed up of it.
If you're fed up with it, why don't you just shut up for once. Step back and take a good look at yourself. Do you really believe you're standing up for anything Take these facts into account as well-
-You broght about your own dismissal by berating and outright insulting the so-called "bully"
-The thread in question was actually civil until you started hounding your views on people. Simply put, you went "I'm right and if you don't agree with me, you're a woman hater"
-When you have to run a site you need to reduce, or at least eliminate any and all forms of confrontations.
But of course, this is you we're talking about. These statments are all wrong because they are not warped in whatever Lovecraftian shape your mind can come up with. They don't make you into the innocent girl who fights for the right of people, no, these actually point out your own mistakes and the very errors you make.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#17 Post by Hayzel »

Dollywitch wrote:
I was trying to work this out maturely in the IRC. It is not my fault some people decided to snap on me. Also, look at the kind of PMs I got from Gear.

It wouldn't have been an issue if 1) Gear didn't try to blame me, twice, via mass email for the project failing, and 2) Renpytom didn't take his side and contradict himself on his own lolbertarian policy.
I don't care what kind of PMs you got. They are private messages. That's for you and gear, and Tom to settle on your own. This needs to stop. I hate mini-modding, but this constant warring over the forums is getting out of hand. Settle your issues in private and let LSF go back to being about the Visual Novels.

Dollywitch
Veteran
Projects: Celestial Knight Iris, Thread

#18 Post by Dollywitch »

Hijiri wrote: If you're fed up with it, why don't you just shut up for once.
Cool, I like how I'm the only one who has to do this and Gear can badmouth me as much as he likes via mass emails.
Step back and take a good look at yourself. Do you really believe you're standing up for anything
What do you believe you're standing up for exactly?

I'm sick of this community and the idea of having to play nice with people like this to have a good reputation. So I may as well be honest.
-You broght about your own dismissal by berating and outright insulting the so-called "bully"
No I didn't. And I wasn't the only person Gear bullied. Hijiri, frankly, you're a victim blaming asshole. Either way this is not a "fact". Gear has attacked me or made snarky remarks in unrelated threads several times or sent me PMs based on things I said in IRC, etc. etc. Gear took a stance to defend a bully, half his project left. He's blaming me for that.
-The thread in question was actually civil until you started hounding your views on people. Simply put, you went "I'm right and if you don't agree with me, you're a woman hater"
Cool, again, since you're a victim blamer it's not surprising you'd take that stance. I was only one of a few people in that thread, and there were some blatant antagonists in it. The fact that you choose me as the problem is pretty rotten.
-When you have to run a site you need to reduce, or at least eliminate any and all forms of confrontations.
So this is why you suddenly snap on a very vulnerable member? I'm not seeing the logic here. If he's trying to eliminate confrontations, then the volatile nature of this post is a problem.
But of course, this is you we're talking about. These statments are all wrong because they are not warped in whatever Lovecraftian shape your mind can come up with. They don't make you into the innocent girl who fights for the right of people, no, these actually point out your own mistakes and the very errors you make.
I like how you're acting like I'm in some kind of extreme minority when you've shown yourself to have extremely poor viewpoints on a number of levels, most notably regarding women. There are a lot more people that would hate you based on this than me. The only people who think I was at fault in Gear's project too were pretty much all assholes. Part of the reason it forked was to get away from that.
Last edited by Dollywitch on Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#19 Post by Dollywitch »

Hayzel wrote:
Dollywitch wrote:
I was trying to work this out maturely in the IRC. It is not my fault some people decided to snap on me. Also, look at the kind of PMs I got from Gear.

It wouldn't have been an issue if 1) Gear didn't try to blame me, twice, via mass email for the project failing, and 2) Renpytom didn't take his side and contradict himself on his own lolbertarian policy.
I don't care what kind of PMs you got. They are private messages. That's for you and gear, and Tom to settle on your own. This needs to stop. I hate mini-modding, but this constant warring over the forums is getting out of hand. Settle your issues in private and let LSF go back to being about the Visual Novels.
Well, again, Gear posted something provocative with this. Tom said before that wasn't on, now he decided otherwise. I have not being able to work this out "In private". Feel free to ignore this thread if you don't like it.

Also it's not just an issue of PMs, but also some forum posts and a mass email sent to forum members.

It's easy not to give a shit about this if you're not in the receiving end, of course.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#20 Post by Hayzel »

Dollywitch wrote:
Hayzel wrote:
Dollywitch wrote:

Well, again, Gear posted something provocative with this. Tom said before that wasn't on, now he decided otherwise. I have not being able to work this out "In private". Feel free to ignore this thread if you don't like it.

Also it's not just an issue of PMs, but also some forum posts and a mass email sent to forum members.

It's easy not to give a shit about this if you're not in the receiving end, of course.
If it's really that bad then leave. Eventually the emails will stop and you'll get on with your life and forget about this place. It's not easy to ignore all the threads with the slightest controversy that turn into the Dollywitch victim hour.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Applegate »

Hayzel: you're not making things better. Please stop responding. Let this thread die down.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#22 Post by Dollywitch »

f it's really that bad then leave. Eventually the emails will stop and you'll get on with your life and forget about this place. It's not easy to ignore all the threads with the slightest controversy that turn into the Dollywitch victim hour.
Frankly the only reason I'm posting this is to make a point. If renpytom apologises for his outburst and fixes this post as he did with the other thread, I'll drop everything to do with LTV as long as they do as well. I tried to work something out along these lines, but renpytom pushed everything on me to "let go of it", "it" apparently being his completely inconsistent moderation policy.

If Gear hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have responded. It was always implicating people as disrupting the project. Saying things like "Dollywitch victim hour" isn't likely to make me somehow less upset about it. But again, everything's on me to act a certain way.

Pretty much ALL my difficulties that lead to this victim hour involve the same group of people too. It's not unreasonable to consider that maybe they could be at fault too, especially when I have caught them doing or saying things I wouldn't.
Last edited by Dollywitch on Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hayzel
Veteran

#23 Post by Hayzel »

Applegate wrote:Hayzel: you're not making things better. Please stop responding. Let this thread die down.
Sorry. I'll stop now.

Enigma
Veteran

#24 Post by Enigma »

This thread can be locked now.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#25 Post by Dollywitch »

Enigma wrote:This thread can be locked now.
No it can't. This needs to be dealth with -
All negative comments about another user's behavior must be backed by a link to publicly accessible information that allows me and any other user to see that behavior.
Unless you're all happy to live with a moderator who picks and chooses and sides with bullies(see sig)?

I was willing to work something out with this. This didn't even happen because of a disagreement, it happened because discussion was shut down completely and he took an aggressive tone with me out of nowhere when I'd be punished for doing something like that. I hate when people like Hijiri reduce things like this. It's all feeding off the same problem and I probably should have listened to people's warnings with regards LSF.

Amarrez
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere

#26 Post by Amarrez »

By the way, I only said 'no' to pytom telling us to stop discussing dolly because I found the 'everyone hates dolly' pantomime to be highly amusing.

Dollywitch
Veteran

#27 Post by Dollywitch »

Amarrez wrote:By the way, I only said 'no' to pytom telling us to stop discussing dolly because I found the 'everyone hates dolly' pantomime to be highly amusing.
Cool story.

I suppose that also means it's okay for tom to snap out of nowhere when he's caught contradicting himself?

Amarrez
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere

#28 Post by Amarrez »

Dollywitch wrote:
Amarrez wrote:By the way, I only said 'no' to pytom telling us to stop discussing dolly because I found the 'everyone hates dolly' pantomime to be highly amusing.
Cool story.

I suppose that also means it's okay for tom to snap out of nowhere when he's caught contradicting himself?
It's his IRC, he can do whatever he wants. Same goes for the forum. You can bitch all you want, really, but we all know where the power lies.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#29 Post by Hijiri »

Dollywitch wrote:Cool, I like how I'm the only one who has to do this and Gear can badmouth me as much as he likes via mass emails.
If you can, then why haven't you done it? Is it really nessisary to turn yourself into a circus show?
Dollywitch wrote:What do you believe you're standing up for exactly?

I'm sick of this community and the idea of having to play nice with people like this to have a good reputation. So I may as well be honest.
I'm standing up for the very people you demonify for your own sake. You lack any logic to support your claims, and when you do post quotes, you utterly butcher them so as to fit your needs. If you're going to quot epeople post the whole thing.
Dollywitch wrote:No I didn't. And I wasn't the only person Gear bullied. Hijiri, frankly, you're a victim blaming asshole. Either way this is not a "fact". Gear has attacked me or made snarky remarks in unrelated threads several times or sent me PMs based on things I said in IRC, etc. etc. Gear took a stance to defend a bully, half his project left. He's blaming me for that.
While I will agree that the actions taken were done with haste, I still felt they were justified for you. If I had to be honest, I, from the very start, didn't want you to join. I expected that you were going to be trouble.
Dollywitch wrote:Cool, again, since you're a victim blamer it's not surprising you'd take that stance. I was only one of a few people in that thread, and there were some blatant antagonists in it. The fact that you choose me as the problem is pretty rotten.
It's not rotten, it's an observed fact. In fact, here is where you first started posting. While Tom's comment might have started something, you just made things even worse than they could have been.
Dollywitch wrote:So this is why you suddenly snap on a very vulnerable member? I'm not seeing the logic here. If he's trying to eliminate confrontations, then the volatile nature of this post is a problem.
If you agitate a dog, of course he'll bite your hand. Same thing goes with people. You must surely know that much.
Dollywitch wrote:I like how you're acting like I'm in some kind of extreme minority when you've shown yourself to have extremely poor viewpoints on a number of levels, most notably regarding women.
That is where I draw the line. You can call me all the bullshit in the world, but to say that I have poor view on women would mean you hardly know shit about me. I'll make it short: Grown and raised by a single mother and her sister, grew up playing with almost purely girls, and taught by almost purely women. So if you're going to say something like that Dolly, then fuck you. You don;t understand anyone, yet you want people to understand you.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Dollywitch
Veteran

#30 Post by Dollywitch »

Amarrez wrote:
Dollywitch wrote:
Cool story.

It's his IRC, he can do whatever he wants. Same goes for the forum. You can bitch all you want, really, but we all know where the power lies.
Yeah, so having a bit of a power on IRC or forums means you're completely beyond reason and can use it to act like a major dick?

That sounds like a solid ethical code. It's not like your way of thinking causes problems at all.