Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nische
Regular
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios

Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

#1 Post by Nische »

Genre: Romance Comedy
Type: Stat Raising Otome Game
I am still in the process of updating this post. It's not yet done.
ImageImageImageImage

Like any young girl fresh from graduation, Lynn dreams of making a name for herself. Of what she makes a name for was something she hasn't seriously considered. Did it really matter? Leave the fates to worry about such things. Packing up what meager belongings she owned, she ventures off to see what the world has to offer.

Three months later, Lynn isn't too sure she likes the path the fates are planning for her. In debt and jobless isn't really her first choice in the list of things she wanted to be. Maybe setting off on her own with no special training, education, experience, or plan was not one of her best ideas. With the threat of eviction looming over her, Lynn must find a way to quickly make ends meet or face facts and go home. If only her sour luck would work in her favor for once. If past experience was anything to go by, Lynn isn't too keen on the idea of how things might turn out.

ImageImageImageImage
(From left to right: Eli Johnson, Nicholas Moore, Soleil Roux, and Miles Stuart)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Download Demo:
Windows: http://bit.ly/1ewNYaj
Mac: http://bit.ly/16mxTe9
Linux: http://bit.ly/15dXw1q
Last edited by Nische on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:48 am, edited 61 times in total.

Nische
Regular

UI

#2 Post by Nische »

TO BE UPDATED
Last edited by Nische on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 am, edited 13 times in total.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy][Commercial

#3 Post by Obscura »

Hey, this looks fantastic! It sounds like your game is going to be chockfull of stuff. Will be keeping an eye on it!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#4 Post by clua »

I was going to stupidly ask if its going to be commercial, but I already saw the tag. orz

So far from the sprites you posted it looks neat! I wonder which kind of trauma she has.
...And lol the logo of your group...ºqº
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Nische
Regular

#5 Post by Nische »

Obscura wrote:Hey, this looks fantastic! It sounds like your game is going to be chockfull of stuff. Will be keeping an eye on it!
Thank you very much! :'D

Nische
Regular

#6 Post by Nische »

clua wrote:I was going to stupidly ask if its going to be commercial, but I already saw the tag. orz

So far from the sprites you posted it looks neat! I wonder which kind of trauma she has.
...And lol the logo of your group...ºqº
Ah, I was wondering if I should include her past in the synopsis but it sort of ruins the surprise since in the initial draft her back story isn't revealed until halfway through the game. Instead I'll just use a quote to heavily hint what her past trauma is related to. *A*

As for our logo: We like memes and we like cats so... Like a sir cat D':

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#7 Post by Camille »

This is probably the absolute closest I've ever seen an original English otome game get to a Japanese otome game art style. (it's mostly the coloring style, but the lineart is also really clean and crisp) Great work! The story and concept sound really interesting, so best of luck getting this finished. I'm sure you'll have lots of interested people buying your game once it's released if everything's as high-quality as the sprites. :3

Nische
Regular

#8 Post by Nische »

Camille wrote:This is probably the absolute closest I've ever seen an original English otome game get to a Japanese otome game art style. (it's mostly the coloring style, but the lineart is also really clean and crisp) Great work! The story and concept sound really interesting, so best of luck getting this finished. I'm sure you'll have lots of interested people buying your game once it's released if everything's as high-quality as the sprites. :3

Aww, your comment made me smile. Thank you very much! *A*

Ginger
Regular

#9 Post by Ginger »

Hurrrrr. Pretty art is pretty ;A;

I like the premise, myself having a soft spot for laundrymats. I also have a soft spot for ginger boys, so you definitely have my complete and utter support of this c:

I was wondering though since reading your info about the seasons; Do you basically have to chose which guy you want during the first season? You mentioned that there would be bachelore scenes during each season, so can you only expereince one bachelore scene per season, or can you experience them all?

Anyway, between the beautiful sprites and lovely plot and everything that seems amazing about this project, I wish you the best of luck C:

Nische
Regular

#10 Post by Nische »

Ginger wrote:Hurrrrr. Pretty art is pretty ;A;

I like the premise, myself having a soft spot for laundrymats. I also have a soft spot for ginger boys, so you definitely have my complete and utter support of this c:

I was wondering though since reading your info about the seasons; Do you basically have to chose which guy you want during the first season? You mentioned that there would be bachelore scenes during each season, so can you only expereince one bachelore scene per season, or can you experience them all?

Anyway, between the beautiful sprites and lovely plot and everything that seems amazing about this project, I wish you the best of luck C:
Thank you! *A*
I like gingers too, which is why this game just had to have one, hahaha.

We're still trying to figure out how to go about this but so far it works like this:
Each bachelor has 10 scenes, each scene is designated to a certain season. The first 2 scenes are during spring, the next 3 are during summer, 2 for autumn, then 3 for winter. If you don't do the spring scenes, you can't do the summer scenes and so on. You're allowed to pursue all bachelors until you reach their 5th scene. If you go beyond the 5th scene with more than one bachelor you'll encounter a jealousy scene where in you have to choose one to pursue while the other will end up disliking you. The 1st 5 scenes are more of a get to know each other friendly kinda thing, which is why its no problem to get these scenes for all bachelors in one play through. The 6th scene onwards though are the very personal and romantic scenes so doing these scenes with more than one bachelor is technically cheating, hahaha. Our games do not support cheating. \*A*/ If you can't choose a bachelor to pursue by Autumn and you don't want to have to give up on anyone, you can keep the relationship at 50% and you'll get a good alone ending. :')

I'm sorry, I'll try to explain it better soon. *A*

Again, thank you very much! :'D
ImageImageImageImage

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#11 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

The art is pretty! Good luck in finishing. :3 The concept's very cute as well. :'D

Nische
Regular

#12 Post by Nische »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:The art is pretty! Good luck in finishing. :3 The concept's very cute as well. :'D
ImageImageImageImage

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by gekiganwing »

Do you plan to make your simulation gameplay easy, difficult, or adjustable?

Why partial voices? I understand that you might not want every single line to have an audio clip. Perhaps you want to have the most important scenes include acting. But hiring even amateur voice actors will not be cheap...
Nische wrote:...You're allowed to pursue all bachelors until you reach their 5th scene. If you go beyond the 5th scene with more than one bachelor you'll encounter a jealousy scene where in you have to choose one to pursue while the other will end up disliking you. The 1st 5 scenes are more of a get to know each other friendly kinda thing, which is why its no problem to get these scenes for all bachelors in one play through. The 6th scene onwards though are the very personal and romantic scenes so doing these scenes with more than one bachelor is technically cheating, hahaha. Our games do not support cheating. \*A*/ If you can't choose a bachelor to pursue by Autumn and you don't want to have to give up on anyone, you can keep the relationship at 50% and you'll get a good alone ending.
Interesting game concept. It makes sense to have a "point of no return" where the main character has to commit to one relationship, or end up in a lot of trouble. May I assume this is part of the message you want to convey to the audience?

Also, I support the notion of a "good alone ending." Even if the main character has no significant other at the end, the person's life will continue... and presumably, the person will have more relationships in the future.

Nische
Regular

#14 Post by Nische »

gekiganwing wrote:Do you plan to make your simulation gameplay easy, difficult, or adjustable?

Why partial voices? I understand that you might not want every single line to have an audio clip. Perhaps you want to have the most important scenes include acting. But hiring even amateur voice actors will not be cheap...
Nische wrote:...You're allowed to pursue all bachelors until you reach their 5th scene. If you go beyond the 5th scene with more than one bachelor you'll encounter a jealousy scene where in you have to choose one to pursue while the other will end up disliking you. The 1st 5 scenes are more of a get to know each other friendly kinda thing, which is why its no problem to get these scenes for all bachelors in one play through. The 6th scene onwards though are the very personal and romantic scenes so doing these scenes with more than one bachelor is technically cheating, hahaha. Our games do not support cheating. \*A*/ If you can't choose a bachelor to pursue by Autumn and you don't want to have to give up on anyone, you can keep the relationship at 50% and you'll get a good alone ending.
Interesting game concept. It makes sense to have a "point of no return" where the main character has to commit to one relationship, or end up in a lot of trouble. May I assume this is part of the message you want to convey to the audience?

Also, I support the notion of a "good alone ending." Even if the main character has no significant other at the end, the person's life will continue... and presumably, the person will have more relationships in the future.
We hope to be able to have varied difficulties but we haven't decided how to do that exactly. We're choosing between shortening the time limit (by making it only 15 days a month instead of 30) or lowering the chances for raising a skill point. If we don't include difficulty levels though, the game is relatively easy, considering you have a whole year to pursue a bachelor. The only thing difficult about this game is actually getting the required scenes within the time limit.

Ah, the price of voice actors is the main reason why we only planned on making them say phrases and not complete sentences and dialogues. We do have some pretty good volunteers though but not all will do the voices for free. The BGMs are expensive too so we're on a budget. *A* Hopefully if we have a little extra, we'd like to have all the endings voiced. It's more touching that way. :')

Thank you and yes! I have encountered some games where the main character can get romantically involved to more than one bachelor and it always irks me.

I don't like the idea where if you don't get a bachelor you end up being depressed or giving up. Usually, that's how the forever alone endings in some games make me feel. Just because you don't end up being romantically involved with them doesn't mean they won't be there for you. >: The game still has a bad alone ending though but hopefully no one gets it.

ImageImageImageImage

Nische
Regular

#15 Post by Nische »

The post will stretch infinitely long if I keep updating the first post. *A*
I'll just be posting my new updates individually instead since I need the 1st post to place the game progress statistics.
Last edited by Nische on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage