Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Re: Ideas Dump

#811 Post by curry nochi rice »

this has been on my mind lately:

the Misadventures of the [Antarctic] Combat Feeding Directorate
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#812 Post by Egressus »

In a town haunted by its past, MC finds her nightmares. MC is someone who can know pieces of past by talking about it-- if someone tells her about their marriage, she will know the whole event. MC has been wandering for years.
The only way to dig into the past and rid the town of its problems is by solving problems between families. Of course, no one likes strangers demanding that they work out their problems, so MC will have lots to do to prove herself worthy.

MC no longer remembers her family due to the amount of others' memories. One way to add romance is the love interest(s) helping her keep her sanity and personal memories.
Hiatus of hiatuses

10kNing
Regular
Projects: Revenance (RPG), Mad-Love (GxB, on hold)

#813 Post by 10kNing »

Everyone is fonts. Times New Roman is that bespectacled student council president with the bland speech, Script is the one with the flowery language no one can decipher, Comic Sans MS is the happy cheerful one with garish fashion who secretly resents all of humanity and has incredibly yandere fantasies of murder-suicide.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#814 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

10kNing wrote:Comic Sans MS is the happy cheerful one with garish fashion who secretly resents all of humanity and has incredibly yandere fantasies of murder-suicide.
Beautiful. I make sure to use Comic Sans whenever I want to secretly curse what I'm being forced to work on. :wink:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Egressus
Veteran

#815 Post by Egressus »

10kNing wrote:Everyone is fonts. Times New Roman is that bespectacled student council president with the bland speech, Script is the one with the flowery language no one can decipher, Comic Sans MS is the happy cheerful one with garish fashion who secretly resents all of humanity and has incredibly yandere fantasies of murder-suicide.
I... I just can imagine it on the back of my eyelids. Yes. YES.

My father's boss used to make announcement with Comic Sans in pink.
Hiatus of hiatuses

manco7
Regular

#816 Post by manco7 »

Egressus wrote:I can imagine a fluffier path for the multiple personality one, but not the trolling one. It spells trouble in all direction.

Well, if someone ever adopts the plots, I'll definitely play it to see their take on that.
Really? Oh well, we will see then. Mind if I use your idea along with the troll one?

Egressus
Veteran

#817 Post by Egressus »

manco7 wrote:
Egressus wrote:I can imagine a fluffier path for the multiple personality one, but not the trolling one. It spells trouble in all direction.

Well, if someone ever adopts the plots, I'll definitely play it to see their take on that.
Really? Oh well, we will see then. Mind if I use your idea along with the troll one?
Go ahead-- I already threw it out to the world :)
Hiatus of hiatuses

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#818 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

All the ideas dumped here are, well. Dumped. That's why it's the idea dump. :lol:
I don't think anyone will mind if you take something that they've posted here. :mrgreen:
At least, they shouldn't.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

manco7
Regular

#819 Post by manco7 »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:All the ideas dumped here are, well. Dumped. That's why it's the idea dump. :lol:
I don't think anyone will mind if you take something that they've posted here. :mrgreen:
At least, they shouldn't.
Just to make sure I won't get in trouble. 8)
Egressus wrote: Go ahead-- I already threw it out to the world :)
Thanks! <3

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#820 Post by Mink »

After being at Broken Forum, I've decided on an amazing date sim/otome game I would gleefully make (yes, I'm the one who mentioned this in Broken Forum. My avatar there probably gives me away):

You're a Lady Cultist. You have to find great human sacrifices, and depending on that and your choices, you can romance Dagon, one of the fishpeople, Cthulhu, or if you decide you want to be 'good' (PFFT), one of the Great Race of Yith.

"Mink!", you say, "What about saving and romancing a sacrifice?" No, I say; none of your choices to romance are human. You can only choose aliens/monsters/gods/disembodied minds.

BEST. OTOME. EVER.

Edit: Also, the protag should be dark-skinned; you know, because it'd be funny/ironic considering Lovecraft was one of the most racist people ever. Though he got less so and did come to regret it, so there's that.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Egressus
Veteran

#821 Post by Egressus »

Mink wrote:...I would gleefully make...
Mink, you are my hero.

I want to romance Cthulhu

I have a question though-- so I assume the game will have 2 parts? One is getting a sacrifice for a certain alien/thingy?
Hiatus of hiatuses

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#822 Post by Anarchy »

There's already a dating sim like that. It's called Saya no Uta. *shot*

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#823 Post by Mink »

Egressus wrote:
Mink, you are my hero.

I have a question though-- so I assume the game will have 2 parts? One is getting a sacrifice for a certain alien/thingy?
This would be the only otome game I'd probably ever actually make. (Unless the goat girl/chupacabra thing counts, but I imagine that as more of a romance novel parody than anything)

No, really, if someone volunteered to do the art, or at least help me with the art, I would do it. For srs.

And yeah, I imagine it'd have to be two parts. Like, there's a map and you click it, go to an area, interact with people, and decide on your sacrifice. The more evil you are at picking someone ("Today's my wedding day!" "O rly? >83"), the better chance you have at romancing the evil deity of your choice!

Also, improper or a lack of sacrifice gets you a bad end, unless you're going for the Yith. And no, the Yith is not in a human body; it's the giant beetle thing body.

...I am a terrible, terrible person.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Egressus
Veteran

#824 Post by Egressus »

Mink wrote:
Egressus wrote:
Mink, you are my hero.

This would be the only otome game I'd probably ever actually make. (Unless the goat girl/chupacabra thing counts, but I imagine that as more of a romance novel parody than anything)

No, really, if someone volunteered to do the art, or at least help me with the art, I would do it. For srs.

And yeah, I imagine it'd have to be two parts. Like, there's a map and you click it, go to an area, interact with people, and decide on your sacrifice. The more evil you are at picking someone ("Today's my wedding day!" "O rly? >83"), the better chance you have at romancing the evil deity of your choice!

Also, improper or a lack of sacrifice gets you a bad end, unless you're going for the Yith. And no, the Yith is not in a human body; it's the giant beetle thing body.

...I am a terrible, terrible person.
After reading the plotline of Saya no Uta, it doesn't sound that similar.

Give me time. I'll probably draw them, but only if you intend to actually carry it out. PM?
But good heavens, the example you wrote is just hilariously horrible. I feel like I'm a... lady cultist choosing her sacrifice.
Hiatus of hiatuses

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#825 Post by Anarchy »

It was a joke. Ahaha... ha...