Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
fuusaify

Re: Guestbook

#2086 Post by fuusaify »

Name: Fuusaify but my friends have called me Fuy in the past.
comments about Lemma Soft: I am a lurker that registered a little bit ago. I am very shy, people are often surprised at how quiet I am when they meet me.
I've played a few VNs, and I am not picky about what genre I play.
I want to make my own VN, but I am not very confident.
I enjoy writing, and it is something I am actually good at. I am told I have a choppy style though and I never know what people mean when they say that. I also draw(not very well though) and I am drawing almost everyday to try and improve my artwork. I don't have much experience with coding, but I look forward to learning it when the time comes.
I really like this forum, and most of the people so far seem pretty nice. I really don't know what else to say, so I will go back to lurking.

RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

#2087 Post by RVB »

Welcome, fellow new people! ♥ Lets all do our best here!

dveth

#2088 Post by dveth »

Hello everyone. My "handle" is dveth on several websites, and I am new to the visual novel genre. I have general programming experience, but very little experience in Ren'Py because I don't have any drawing talent so I can't make art for any games. So, any work I find on here would be a learning experience for me. I live in the United States, and I am currently going to college while working at an IT job on campus. I'm not able to put in anywhere near 40 hours a week on projects, however I'd love to get involved with smaller stuff to 'get my feet wet', so to speak. Feel free to pm me with any small programming jobs you need done if you're fine with me learning a bit as I go along.

AriannaSterling
Projects: Elegy

#2089 Post by AriannaSterling »

Hi there! I'm Arianna Sterling, as I'm sure my username doesn't even sort of give away. I just recently decided to throw myself into writing a visual novel and I've already got ridiculous amounts planned out...

Anyway, who am I, really? I'm a 19 year old college student who has loved anime and everything related since I was like 5 or 6. The exact details of my love of anime are in a post on my blog somewhere...which I am too lazy to link right now. In any case, I've also loved writing most of my life. I've got two complete novels, one of which I refuse to acknowledge is by me, the other of which I love. I'm very into writing queer YA lit, and the VN I'm doing is a BxB with a ghost story, but I'll post more on that in the appropriate forum.

I've also recently published my book Culture, Conventions & Cosplay, which is devoted to everything an anime fan might be interested in. If anyone is interested it can be purchased here (http://cosplaytestimonial.blogspot.com/ ... splay.html) for just $4.99. And that's all for my self-plug, since I'm really not on this site to advertise.

I hope I can have an awesome time around here!

Neckod
Projects: Abhorrens

#2090 Post by Neckod »

Greetings, fellows! Well, I should say a few words about myself now.. My name is Neckod and I'm 17 years old. I'm a high school student in Poland. I decided to write my own visual novel just a few weeks ago. By writing I mean "converting" my novel to digital, interactive version.. I found this forum when I was searching for community of VN makers, so, here I am!

As I remember, my first visual novel was Katawa Shoujo. I enjoyed playing it and then I was looking for other VNs. I'm attracted by games which have an interactive plot so finding and playing visual novels was a bullseye!

So, wish me good luck!

Courtesy
Organization: None

#2091 Post by Courtesy »

Hello!
I discovered this website a while ago, but I've only decided to join just now in hopes of becoming an active member of this community ^^

Here, I am going by the username Sableaire - please feel free to shorten that however you wish (although in my experience, Sable is most common). I am female and currently reside somewhere in +9:00 GMT.

Funny thing is, my first otome game was actually Harvest Moon Cute, which I was addicted to before even knowing what the term meant. I don't quite recall what my first visual novel was, but I greatly enjoy anything with a developed plot and memorable characters - lovely art is a great bonus, but if the other two factors have it covered, I don't mind art with a little less effort put into it.

I was in fact working on a visual novel with my best friend, but she moved across the world from me and the idea has thus been discarded... or stuffed in a recycle bin for now. I don't think I'm ready to try for my own game just yet. Instead, I'm hoping that I could lend a hand as a grammar-lover, writer, and artist to people who by any chance, would like my help! I would also aid with programming, but the only experience I have with python coding is personal experimentation for the sake of the previously mentioned recycle-bin idea. I'm more familiar with javascript, unfortunately ^^"

Once I get a sense of where things are on these forums, I might put up samples of my work in hopes of being able to aid others in their quest to create wonderful games.

Well, I'm getting long winded :/

So I suppose I'm just saying, it's nice to meet everyone, and I hope I'll be able to become a part of this community.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#2092 Post by Tag- »

Welcome to the forum, guys \ovo/

Hope to see you guys around~
PM me if needed

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#2093 Post by Hijiri »

Hellow newcomers1 (^_−)−☆
Be sure to get to know the Search button, it can help you find the answer to a lot of things.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Katty16
Regular

#2094 Post by Katty16 »

Hello, I'm Katty16
I'm from Norway so I'm not so good in english, but I love otome games and visual novel.
My art skills sucks but I want to work on small projects if someone needs help
I really love the games that you guys make :)

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#2095 Post by Donmai »

Hello. Very happy to finally be able to post here (after registering I smashed my nose on a locked door. My thanks to PyTom for unlocking it for me! :lol: )

I've been using computers since the 80's and always have been an enthusiast of adventure games. I remember back on the 90's we had two variants of text adventure games: the ones we called (at last here in my country) "open" (ouch! BTW my nose is still aching!.. :cry: ) where we had to type commands, and those ones we called "closed", where we did not have to type things like "go north, get sword"; all actions were menu driven. We would see a screen offering some choices and inviting us to press one or other key (usually one or other number) to make a choice.

What brought me to visual novels (and Ren'Py) was my search for a good software to develop my games. Someone on the Stencyl forums mentioned Ren'Py... and then I discovered Katawa Shoujo. I though: hey! This is some sort of a "closed" adventure on steroids! And is fascinating! (at this moment I suddenly begin to hear a crowd of VN fans crying in horror, and calling me an heretic... sorry! did not want to offend! :( ).

I stopped playing KS in the middle (sorry Rin and Shizune, one day I will try to find your routes too...) and began tinkering with Ren'Py. I've already started two different projects so I can learn while working on then. The first, Slumberland, is a sort of an epic, and will take a bigger time to complete; the other, Toire No Hanako, is a lighter project that I plan to release first (BTW no KS plug here: the title is linked to a japanese urban legend).

I am truly loving the VN scene, Ren'Py and this Forum.

Thank you people! :D

rebex1213

#2096 Post by rebex1213 »

'Ello everybody! I'm Rebecca, also known as Bex, Becca, Rebexa, and many more. (Some people even call me Jaguar, although I still don't quite no why... >.<)

I live in the USA, but that's all I'm going to say about where.

I have a dA account, which you can see at rebex1213.deviantart.com . I also have an art blog that I very rarely use, which can be found here: 100daysdrawn.blogspot.com

Comments about Lemma Soft... I LOVE IT. I've been a creeper on the website for a little while, playing a bunch of completed games and really enjoying it. I finally worked up the courage to attempt to make one of my own, but unfortunately I can't really draw in the style I want to artwork to be in, so I was hoping to make a team. Hence, I ALSO finally worked up the courage to actually join the community.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#2097 Post by Hijiri »

Donmai wrote:(BTW no KS plug here: the title is linked to a japanese urban legend).
Would the legend happen to be Hanako in the Toilet, the girl who hants the 3rd stall in girl's restrooms?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#2098 Post by Donmai »

Hijiri wrote:Would the legend happen to be Hanako in the Toilet, the girl who hants the 3rd stall in girl's restrooms?
Yes. "Hanako of the Toilet", that's what Toire No Hanako means!... But the story is not exactly about the legend, but about the way this kind of myth affects people lives. And the main character is a boy who dreams of becoming a rock star... only to be bullied at school because of his long hair. One day he knows a... oops! No more spoilers!... :mrgreen:

Darkgamma

#2099 Post by Darkgamma »

Hello everyone :D
Here's me - I'll be known as Darkgamma here (am on dA where I'm ~Rostov-na-don)

I've gotten into the VN genre by playing through Katawa Shoujo, which I enjoyed to the point of reaching every single good, bittersweet and bad ending.
I enjoy writing, though I've so far written only prosaic stories.

I'll be dabbling in Ren'py because I find it interesting and powerful!

thornofthelily

#2100 Post by thornofthelily »

Hi everyone! So, I'm ThornoftheLily, but you can call me Thorn or Lily, whichever you prefer =3

Lessee... I joined this forum because I have an idea for a VN, like many people here I bet. Well, actually, it started off as a book about four years ago, but the more I wrote it book-form, the more I realized it wasn't working. Too episodic, too dialogue-heavy, too many jumping plotlines. After playing Katawa Shoujo and discovering Ren'py, I had a revelation: My book works so much better in a VN style than a normal novel! So, away I went, with absolutely no coding experience and super high, lofty goals which I will hopefully meet one day. So I must admit, the real reason I'm here... is to ask questions, learn from the community, and make my dream come true so I can share it with all of you!

Well, now that I'm done being sappy and idealistic... As I said, I'm Thorn, 21 years old, female, and live in the United States. I looooove VN-style games, dating sims, even action-RPG games with VN-style elements like Shin Megami Tensei games (recently I re-addicted myself to Persona 3 Portable, and I keep giggling realizing how so much of that animation is possibly in Ren'py with some work). I'm super possessive of my little brain-baby VN idea (yes, I said brain-baby; it's not quite matured into a brain-child, just yet). I enjoy writing, and I feel I'm strongest at characters and dialogue, which is why I want to make a VN; dialogue is so super important! Anyway, I may soon be posting my ideas on the proper forums, and will very soon and probably very often ask for help...

Thank you in advance for helping out an aspiring, hopeful noob~! *bows*