Cards of Destiny (Love, Drama, Magic, BxB) [on break]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

Cards of Destiny (Love, Drama, Magic, BxB) [on break]

#1 Post by Destiny »

Well, since I make this game in german first, don't think it will be released too soon (especially since I doubt here are so many people understanding german xD)

Oh yeah, warning again, this here is BL, Boys Love, so please leave if you don't like it instead of making mean comments :)

Hm, let's see...
Prehistory:
By the 12. century at latest a mysterious person roams in the world. Nobody knows his name, his origin or even what he is.
He is only called "The Wizard".
Providing a chosen few that had suffered a terrible life with powers beyond imagination he must be the most powerful being alive.
Thanks to him, Merlin was granted with mystical powers. Realizing how difficult it is to life with these powers, especially if they are out of control, he build a school hidden in the woods of Cornwall. To hide those blessed and cursed childs from the greedy eyes of humanity.

Story:
Robin lives in that school since nine years, but wasn't able to fit in. Together with his only friend, the cheeky but kind girl Mary, he lives there, feared and envied by everyone.
Because he is considered to be the most powerful person that ever lived.
His life get's shaken up when the headmaster chooses him to be the "babysitter" of a rather difficult new student.
What will happen when the two most dangerous powers meet?

Characters:
Robin Marley, 19, Washington
The main character.
Being feared for his power and called "The most powerful magician ever" he has been alone all his life without ever having done something wrong.
He's a kind boy that doubts himself and his actions constantly, mistrusts most persons intention and tries to stay away from strangers.
But if someone starts to befriend him, then he becomes a caring, thoughtful friend that would go to hell to help that person.

Mary Brown, 18, Florida
The best friend.
She's a somewhat chubby girl with a bright smile on her face. She befriends Robin early and is the only person he has full confidence in. She can become a total coward though if someone starts to bully her for her weight or powers, both making her ugly in her way of thinking.
She is in a partnership with Andy thanks to Robin and all lovey-dovey, but still there for Robin whenever he needs her. Even though she doesn't look like it she does sports regulary and is one of the quickest persons in school.
She is a maybe a bit cheeky, but she is helpful and tries to make others feel happy.

Andy Marshall, 20, Australia
The athlete.
He's Marys boyfriend and a one-of-a-kind. He's almost addicted to sports, never really leaving the gym. He is the sport club leadder and even has his own gym key.
Due to his powers he's not that fast anymore, but he compensates that with passion and enthusiasm. He is well liked by others normally, but many dislike Mary and avoid him for that.
He is a quiet person most of the time, even though he can become a talkactive and passionate companion once the talk is about something he likes (mainly sports).
He's deeply in love with Mary, even though he disliked her at the beginning too.

Brent Aubin, 18, Kanada
The technician.
Closing himself away in a dark lab, working constantly on strange machines. He has no real friends, even though he strongly believes he has.
He is a awkward person, constantly nagging and almost bullying people that enter his realm or meet him. But he can also become insecure quickly. He also can become very affectionate if he get's to be together with machines.

Derek Santos, 19, Spain
The insubordinate.
His powers are more mysterious then anything. Being the first of his kind he is watched with an interested and an scared eye.
Being only interested in strengh makes it sometimes hard to cope with him, especially Robin has a hard time because of that. But he is also a person that loves harmless pranks and has a carefree mind about almost everything. He isn't the most trustful person of the world but certainly seems to care about those he likes and is one of those that love to have fun.

Fynn O'Kelly, 19, Ireland
The nature lover.
His favorite place is the park, where he is found most of the time. He's quite good at hiding and loves to enjoy a nice afternoon with lying on the grass while listening to rustling leaves.
He is somewhat naive and also a bit too active, but he isn't the least bit ill-minded and stays nice all the time.
Some people still think he is strange since he has an almost unnatural obsession with kiwi fruits.

James Lindon, 20, England
The mysterious guy.
Not much is known about James or his powers. Simliar to Robin he had never fit in, but he did that himself and seems to somewhat enjoy the fact of being alone.
He is very intelligent, but also sometimes a bit snobbish and he dislikes doing things he doesn't want. He is very interested in Robins powers, seeing them as very simliar to his own.
The collar was put on him by the headmaster or at least that is what people think. The reason for that is unknown.

Lamin Okoye, 21, Gambia
The lighthead
Lamin could be one of the most happy-go-lucky-guys of the world.
As long as he can enjoy life and have a nice day he is happy. He is even willing to make some errands for an extra break in which he can simply enjoy himself.
Due to his attitude it is hard to not like him or at least complain about his carefree thinking. He isn't one to judge others, even realizing that his powers are pretty ordinary even though useful. He also recognizes that Robin is very powerful, but still a harmless guy since he wouldn't use them.

Oda Tsuchiya, 18, Japan
The water addicted.
Even though he is kind of small he is a very cocky guy, always trying to provoke those around him. He loves to play pranks or bully others a little, even though he never means any real harm.
One could say he literally lives in the baths, enjoying himself inside the water. If he isn't there he always wears a backpack filled with his beloved water, making him seem kind of strange.
He can be nice though, even when he hides it behind a facade of mean words.

Features
  • Seven possible partners for you to choose!
  • Fighting on the school grounds with powers you never realized they excist!
  • Nine endings!
  • Synchronisation (at least for the german version, I have to see what happens with the english version though)!
  • Over 80 CGs, inclusive a CG Gallery!
  • (Maybe) Two anime-styled, handdrawn videos!

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 7,172 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 68,809 words,
for an average of 9.6 words per screen.
The game contains 62 menus.
Cards of Destiny

Progress
Story - 100% done - Completely planned and ready to make
Script - 100% done - Everything is written down
GUI - Loading/Saving Screen and Extra-Screen are in the making, the rest is finished
Character images - 95% - I will make Chibis for every character (mainly because this threads takes forever to load, but I dislike the small images xD)
Backgrounds - 0/31 - Will do them later, since I kind of dislike architecture xD
CG Art - 8/79 - 8 CGs are finished, the rest is already sketched or even outlined
Music - 100%
Sounds - 0%
Voices - 0%

Comments, constructive critique and simliar are most welcome!

Screenshots
M1_e1.png
1.png
2.png
Last edited by Destiny on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 am, edited 22 times in total.
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Cards of Destiny (Love, Drama, BL)

#2 Post by Obscura »

This looks like a huge game. I'm impressed you're taking this on alone!

Sprites are cute, and I like the diversity among the characters. I guess we English-speakers are gonna have to wait around a while for the English version, huh?

Will be keeping an eye on updates. :D
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Destiny
Veteran

Re: Cards of Destiny (Love, Drama, BxB)

#3 Post by Destiny »

So, added a few first screen shots.
Working on the menus right now.

Warning:
The text from in game material may differ later, since I just plainly translated the german version for now.
Every suggestion is welcome! :D

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#4 Post by FatUnicornGames »

Those screenshots are looking really nice. Keep up the good work. :D
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Obscura »

Oh wow, loooove the way you color and shade!

Hmmm...intrigued by the pool scene. But I'm sure it's all innocent, right? :lol:
website

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

Time to put this into the WIP forum. It's already well in production.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Uh... why do Andy and Derek look almost exactly the same?

Oh, but I really like the card designs. They're gorgeous. ; u ;

Destiny
Veteran

#8 Post by Destiny »

@FatUnicornGames
Thanks, I will :D

@Obscura
Thank you so much!
And yeah, that scene is indeed totally innocent (at least as innocent as it can be to talk with someone swimming in a pool) :3
I will not show the "naughty" ones here, you will have to wait for those ;) *hrhr*

@Victoria
Don't ask me, those two just "wanted" to look like that xD
And thanks, the cards took like three weeks, they were surprisingly a extreme lot of work (The two Cgs didn't even take half the time :'D)

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

Re: Cards of Destiny (Love, Drama, Magic, BxB)

#9 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Hey this looks great! I can't wait until its finished. :D

Destiny
Veteran

#10 Post by Destiny »

I made a trailer, it's at the end of the introduction post and here:

Enjoy :D

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Obscura »

That was awesome. (Though I found the beginning pan to be a mite slow.) I can't believe this was made by one person!!!

I know you don't give exact dates, but do you have an estimate for when this will be ready? :wink:
website

Destiny
Veteran

#12 Post by Destiny »

Phew, when it will be ready.......................
Well, let's say it this way:
I hope, it is absolutly and ultimatly finished in march next year since my abroad year will begin then, but I'm positive I will not take that long.
It's just kind of hard to guess, since my bachelor exam comes now and will take lot's of time :/
Hm, well I would say, maybe around octobre OR november I could make it for the german version and around november OR march for the english?

As I said, I dislike exact dates since I am bad with such stuff...
The script is almost done, art will go fast (5 of the CGs in the trailer were done in three days!), music will maybe take some time, my voice actors can be fast or slow who knows. The translation will be hard to guess, the backgrounds are a weak point that could break my neck.
If I'm going with my actually plan to insert two animations (real little anime-like videos) then it could take a lot more time then thought.
So a demo could come fast, but more...will be hard to guess.
A demo could maybe come as soon as next month or as late as october.
I'm a kind of person to work like crazy and then again do nothing, so no one could possibly know how fast I'm in the end xDD

But thanks for the compliment!! :D
Yeah, the beginning was slow but I had problems deciding where to cut the music, so I tried to make the beginning still as interesting as possible. I'm more frustrated with the sudden end then the long beginning though, but whatever xD

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#13 Post by chocojax »

Considering that this is a one-man team, the sprites look pretty good! I like how all of them have different poses and such, but one thing that slightly urks me is how everything is soft-shaded, which is fine, but just a matter of taste, lol. If you had the time to, I'd suggest trying to be more bold with the colors of shade that you use, so that they pop out more! :v And, good luck doing ~80 CG scenes, lol.
Also, if you're planning to translate this into English in the future, I'd suggest having a proofreader on your team. :v! Try not to rush translation, because even really small mistakes throw me off when I'm reading.

Destiny
Veteran

#14 Post by Destiny »

I plan to get a proof reader, don't worry.
I will also get beta testers at the end to make sure, I won't overlook anything (especially since I make a adult version where I want people to proofread if I get "the feeling over").
So I won't stay a single team in the whole (I have around 13 voice actors alone), but most is done by me.

And it's kind of my style even though I'm already much bolder then normally (I'm the type of really extreme soft shading, this is already a huge improvement xD)
But I will see to work on it further :)
And the cgs will be no problem, I'm only worried about the backgrounds ^^
Thanks for your comment!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#15 Post by WickedRaccoon »

you've done an amazing job so far,can't wait for the game to be released.if you ever need a proofreader,feel free to ask :)