Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Choark

#241 Post by Choark »

*scratches hair*
Well...

This explains the large amount of Bad Ends I get, I guess.

Tch. Tempremental old hags.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#242 Post by mugenjohncel »

Old Fart?...

I guess I'm included in that category

I'm 27 (and counting)

Update:
I am currently back here in the Philippines on a very short notice to fix some umm... minor (and a few major) problems at home.

I'll be back in Hong Kong in about 10 days since my operation is scheduled this coming December 2.

In case some people are wondering as to why am I hellbent on undergoing this operation... here they are.
(see attachement)

To Choark:
Welcome to the forums.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#243 Post by musical74 »

25 and you call yourself an old fart?! YEESH I'm 32...if 25 makes you an old fart what does 32 make me? (A game player)

*gives papillon a flower*

Those pictures look really great =) Looking forwards to more pictures from you, Choark :) I think I like the picture with harp the best, but maybe that's because I'm a musician.

For mugen: hopefully the operation goes well. You have a great gift in being able to draw, hope you can get it back ASAP :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#244 Post by mikey »

monele wrote:I might be wrong but we're mostly between 20 and 30 years old around here.
I'd even go so far as to say that 25 is the average age (of the active members). I'm 29, just to throw that in. But it's quite normal, as they say, all the people who started gaming/anime in the eighties/nineties are now twenty-thirty-something and many of them stay around, so the age shifts upwards.
DaFool wrote:It takes crazy amounts of dedication to finish a game, so that limits the people to those mature enough. Those who lack the patience lose interest quickly then disappear.
Agreed, and also here it's a lot about helping out and contributing, rather than simply commenting and posting, which is easy. One would actually think that the younger ones have more free time, but I suppose there's a lot of distractions, and doing many different things, even if you do have a lot of free time doesn't give you the proper mindset and focus. Maybe. But the good thing is, you can get along and make games, what does age matter?

mugenjohncel >> good luck again, and that first picture for the new project, very nice. Hope you'll be able to finish it.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#245 Post by monele »

mugenjohncel : Wow, how's this kitchen done ? o_o... It looks 3D... yet cartoony. Cool!

Choark

#246 Post by Choark »

Wow. A baord that almost makes me feel young..ish.

To Mugen:
Thanks for the welcome and I really like what you've shared. The elf girl in the tree's looks really solid, and I really enjoy the lighting effects. And as Monele said the kitchen looks amazing and I think the girl really fits in well with it. I'm looking forward to seeing this project.
I'm not sure whats up and I won't stick my nose in it but I hope the operation goes well.
25 and you call yourself an old fart?! YEESH I'm 32...if 25 makes you an old fart what does 32 make me?
From what I remember when you get over 28 you're as Old as the Hills.
When you break 35 you're a fossil.
When ya 40 you either say ya life has begun or ya basically a walking corspe - depending on who says it.
And when you finaly reach 48+ you're just OLD with no attachment to it.

Going by this time honoured scale ya as Old as the Hills.
But that scale was done by children and what do they know!?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#247 Post by monele »

So it's actually better to be 48+... go figure ^^;

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#248 Post by DaFool »

mugenjohncel>>Dang that is real fine CG.

Did you use photo reference, cause I can't tell anymore.

And Photoshop does rock. I've been trying to use Gimp, but I'm addicted to the filters.

Choark>>I think you've spent way too much time in forums where the most popular threads are "Who is your favorite anime character", or "OMG Inuyasha is so HOT!"

You can tell pretty much about the forum by their first posts. Most of the first posts here are full-blown essays.

And I am 26 years. There as yet to be a person who declares s/he's younger than you, but I am not pointing them out.

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#249 Post by dizzcity »

mikey wrote: Agreed, and also here it's a lot about helping out and contributing, rather than simply commenting and posting, which is easy. One would actually think that the younger ones have more free time, but I suppose there's a lot of distractions, and doing many different things, even if you do have a lot of free time doesn't give you the proper mindset and focus.
Hehe. Guilty as charged. :P 22 years old here, and going full-steam on at least 6 different projects at the moment. And I think I know who the other person that DaFool mentioned is, but I'm not going to point them out either. :)

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#250 Post by monele »

I'm 23. Done. *pauses*.. *looks at new post*. Ah, beaten ^^;...

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#251 Post by EwanG »

Based on the scale above, I guess I'm officially "Old as the Hills" since I turn 45 on Sunday.

Excuse me while I go find a mouse with a walker attached :lol:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#252 Post by mikey »

EwanG wrote:Based on the scale above, I guess I'm officially "Old as the Hills" since I turn 45 on Sunday.
Actually, that makes you what... 22 + 23, so you're like dizzcity and monele in one person! :P

Zarcon

#253 Post by Zarcon »

Woo, glad I didn't say I felt like an old bum before reading the last few pages...I'm only 18. XD

Well, I'm making a game too...well, I'm writing down the script...it's going to be a loooooong game. It'll be a modern fantasy type story ala Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
I'd make a seperate topic, but I don't have anything substantial yet. :P

Anyway, here's one of the girls in the story. I haven't come up with a name yet and the drawing itself is incomplete...
I doodle a lot, but I don't create lineart and colour my sketches often...much...at all until now? >.>;;
Needless to say, I'm trying to figure out the best way to CG my drawings. As of now, creating the lineart takes like...5 hours. >.>;;
Attachments
What? I don't have a name yet?
What? I don't have a name yet?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#254 Post by monele »

Very nice ^.^ Dynamic and all :D. The skin shadows are pretty neat. The hair shinies I like less.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#255 Post by DaFool »

Wow more professional-looking CGs.

Please stick to your project, there hasn't been an OEL here yet with super crispy CGs.

Let us know how you'll figure out the shading on the clothes, clothes shading is very mysterious and complicated for me :D