Heartful Chance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
INtheOpen512

Re: Heartful Chance~!

#76 Post by INtheOpen512 »

Cinnamoon wrote:Hello @IntheOpen512, I had the same problem, and I'm on windows too. I just clicked once when the music started, and then it worked and I was on the main menu. I hope that it will work for you too :)
It worked! Thank you, Cinnamoon! :) And great game, mapletaffy! Loved it!

mapletaffy
Regular

#77 Post by mapletaffy »

@RunicV: Hahaha~ Thank you for the feedback and for playing the game~

@Arelune: Uhm. . yes. . Eimi fell in love really fast. . (>//.//<) Thanks for reminding me about the glares on their eyes. I'll be aware of that next time. ^^ Thanks for the feedback ^^~~~

@KalaCansado: Aww~ Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the game (^__^) Thanks so much again~

@cinamoon: Waah~ Thank you~~~

@INtheOpen512: I'm glad the game worked (not because of me (>//.//<)) And thank you for playing ~ ^^

eternalwishess
Regular

#78 Post by eternalwishess »

I liked this! The story was very entertaining. The chibis were really cute, and the graphics were easy on the eyes ~_^
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#79 Post by Ran08 »

This looks very cuuuuuute!
Downloading it! <3

(Btw, I'm glad that the girl is actually 163 cm. :/ In most VNs the female characters are quite small, around 140-150+ cm despite their ages which are like 15-18. -_- But maybe I'm just biased, being 165 cm myself. :D)

Ordog
Regular

#80 Post by Ordog »

Your game was really cute, and I'm glad it was longer than your previous work !! (Witch Spell).
And about the opening and ending song, I liked it (Though it's not the kind of music I listen usually, not at all, but your game made me like it, I think, and I couldn't stop listening it for days xD).
Which character did you like best when working on this game, mapletaffy ?

mapletaffy
Regular

#81 Post by mapletaffy »

@:eternalwishess: Thank your for the feedback and for playing~ ^_^

@Ran08: Thank you for downloading~ I made her tall so she will not look too small when she's beside Henri~. . . Waah~You're 165cm~ We're almost the same height~! (>__<)

@Ordog: Thank you for playing~ I'm sure the creator of the song will feel good after knowing that you liked his music~ ^^
Personally, i liked Kouhei because his hair is easier to draw unlike Henri's hair. .>.< I even forgot to draw his earring at one of the CG (T.T)

Ordog
Regular

#82 Post by Ordog »

xD I didn't notice that!! Even though I'm the kind of people who'd stare for minutes to every CG's.
mmmh... From an artist point of view I'd also prefer to draw Kouhei's hair xD.
What I wanted to say is that the game made me liking the music of course ! It fitted the mood.
(Sorry, since English isn't my first language I'm misunderstood sometimes -_-").
Also, in your first post you said "So I need to be more mature in terms of story next time. Although I'm not sure if I can leave this genre". I hope you won't >< (Don't know if you were serious or just joking but...)

iHeartLocket

#83 Post by iHeartLocket »

You know what! After seeing the opening movie I IMMEDIATELY DOWNLOADED IT

Art - 8/10
The art was neat and all and definitely pretty but it doesn't really look like those anime look especially the eyes and their face but still I like it really much compare to others who never did it neatly. I love the clicky button, icon for the game and also everything is full of heart shapes and sparkly! I really hope you'll release more games and I will DOWNLOAD EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! Not to mention it's cute especially when you're Eimi is in chibi style and the letters and stuff I just can't stop staring at every single thing in the game.

Background - 10/10
It's so pink and girlish and sparkly the most important thing is it's fantastic this is like the first favorite game among all the other games in this site. The music was cute too matches the event and everything.

Story - 10/10 (Spoiler Alert)
What can I say... both of the ending are really touching. It made me cried when he thought about Kohei have someone else he likes on the other side of the ending about Henri, I was like OMG! I didn't expected that he gave his ex girlfriend a break up letter and then go back up to the roof top to Eimi!

P.s. Now I've just done downloading Witch Spell, can you see how much I love your games? LOL.

Celestine
Veteran

#84 Post by Celestine »

Sorry took a while to play. I had some internet problems and computer problems.

I finally got to play it. Finished both paths. The game was really cute.
Loved the eyes, the expressions you gave them were hillarious and the extra scenes were really funny too. :lol: I liked that song. I was hoping to hear it again. :wink: The OP was nice.
The drawing of the hands were really well done. :D
I also liked the part when the story says Yumi's running that the screen moves as if she's running.

I liked Henri's path a little more by the way Yumi and Henri interacted.
But why weren't there as many choice options in Henri's like how you did so many in Kouhei's?

Just one Q:
Why was Yumi's ending monologue in Kouhei path the same as Henri? It made it seem like you meant the true ending for Yumi to be with Henri in the first place and not Kouhei. :roll: The first part of that sentence just doesn't fit with Yumi ending up with Kouhei.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

mklinsao

#85 Post by mklinsao »

The download link isn't working for me. Where can I download?

mapletaffy
Regular

#86 Post by mapletaffy »

@iheartlocket:Thank you for the detailed and encouraging feedback. I really appreciate this so much. (◡//‿//◡)
I'm really happy to know that someone appreciated this game~

@celestine: Thank you for playing and for the feedback! Henri's path has less choices so the player can concentrate on the story. . maybe next time I'll add choices on both paths~ (^_^)
The final monologue is the same on both routes to finalize the story. . .Although Henri's path is the true path since Kouhie's route is focusing on fantasy-like situation while Henri's route is about waking up to reality and saying good-bye to kyaaa-bable moments~ something like that XD
@mklinsao: Here is the download link for windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?l27y4l51be05gmn or for macintosh http://www.mediafire.com/?5d2bqw1wd80dr4d Because of series of heavy rains and floods occurred in my country last week, my site provider was down. (T.T) I dunno when they can fix it. . .

Ziassan
Veteran

#87 Post by Ziassan »

I've no idea why I ended playing this VN (as a 21yo guy ahah) but it's a good suprise.
It's the kind of game that you feel the creator had fun making it all the way.

Honnestly I was at first afraid it would just be naive too-sweet girly romance protagonist - and well it was pretty much that - but while the Kouhei's path felt false and not very interesting, the Henri's one made me like this VN. Also I guess the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously and the comical exageration of the protagonist (making her desktop background the picture of a boy she just met some hours ago etc etc.) avoids the cliché all over to be annoying. And the 2 boys act as "normal" than the 2 girls look crazy ahah.

Even being not the target audience of this visual novel, I liked how the two characters felt "humans" in the Henri's path, more real - even more natural reactions than some others otome taking themself more seriously. Henri tell simple yet true things to the heroine.
To be totally honnest this relationship felt a bit rushed ; I mean, Henri was a bit like
"let's forget my 5 year's love and fall in love with this innocent girl I just met a few days ago"
.. it would have be worth a longer developpement I think ahah.
Maybe the jump between "ridiculous comical" and "serious loves things" feels a bit strange, but still an interesting immersion with fun moments, keep up the good/unique work.

Celestine
Veteran

#88 Post by Celestine »

mapletaffy wrote:@iheartlocket:Thank you for the detailed and encouraging feedback. I really appreciate this so much. (◡//‿//◡)
I'm really happy to know that someone appreciated this game~

@celestine: Thank you for playing and for the feedback! Henri's path has less choices so the player can concentrate on the story. . maybe next time I'll add choices on both paths~ (^_^)
The final monologue is the same on both routes to finalize the story. . .Although Henri's path is the true path since Kouhie's route is focusing on fantasy-like situation while Henri's route is about waking up to reality and saying good-bye to kyaaa-bable moments~ something like that XD
@mklinsao: Here is the download link for windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?l27y4l51be05gmn or for macintosh http://www.mediafire.com/?5d2bqw1wd80dr4d Because of series of heavy rains and floods occurred in my country last week, my site provider was down. (T.T) I dunno when they can fix it. . .
:D I see so it is the true path,well I really enjoyed playing your game.
well now I'm going to play it some more and see where else Henri shows up in both paths. :wink: Also I forgot to mention how cute it was for you to mention the Magic spell from your other game Witch Spell LOL made me want to play it again, which I probably am. Since when he drinks it, :lol: my fav scene.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

reikolovesyou

#89 Post by reikolovesyou »

Got this game ages ago and I love Henri!!!
This is a great game but there were a few typos. At the end of the day though, I squeal so loud at everything that happened in this game :")
Although the storyline was quite typical it was still heart warming and lovely!
Great artwork and music too!!

mohammed22

#90 Post by mohammed22 »

it wont work.....WHY DOESNT IT WORK???????..i tried uninstalling and reinstalling i fixed things that didnt need fixing but it still wont work!!! it just laggs at the beginning music until i force shut it from the task manager!!