Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Tmesis
Projects: UPROOT
Organization: CuttINg Studios
Deviantart: marx2

Re: Guestbook

#2116 Post by Tmesis »

Hi there everyone ^^
I'm Tmesis! You can call me Tme or Tmesis, whatever you want :)
Comments: Well I'm a get-back-to artist (I stopped drawing for 3 years) and right now I just installed Ren'Py and still need some help trying to figure it out ^^'
Ah, visual novels were something I never thought I'd like before but turns out I LOVE THEM. And I'm really glad to be part of this community ^O^

He he it's nice to meet you all~

jmclark
Organization: Gamba in the Garden Music Studios

#2117 Post by jmclark »

Hello all,

I'm Jeff (sorry, no creative nickname here...) from Texas. I've played a few Ren'Py games (read Ren'Py novels?), and VN is something that is somewhat new to me. I play a lot of RPGs and IF -- and I read more than most English Lit. majors I know. I love anything with a compelling story.

I'm graduating this Spring with my degree in music composition. I mainly write in a Neo-Classical style as well as do re-creations of historical styles -- but I've written everything from Classical symphonic music all the way to modern atonalism and indeterminate music. I'm always happy to help with questions about music composition or about how to make your music sound better (give my stuff a listen, I've picked up some tricks for working with MIDI). I'm also open to writing music for whatever... just know that whatever I write will end up in my portfolio and I'll probably present some of it during departmental meetings and recitals (this was an issue for a film director who wanted me to work on a film... go figure...).

I'm nice and laid-back (unless I put on my conductor/director hat), and always happy to talk about music.

--Jeff
http://sutros.com/musicologynut85

BlindClarity
Projects: Stella Argentea
Organization: Rune Bunny

#2118 Post by BlindClarity »

Blind Clarity
Favorite Color: Rose Red
Favorite Food: Unagi
Favorite Icecream: Who needs icecream when you have Gelato?
Current Project: Stella Argentea

Bio: I've been writing all my life and I'm a lover of all things arts, and cooking. As with a lot of you fellow forum dwellers I love VN's and Otome Games.

I'm currently working on a VN with my good friend Misi. I'm looking forward to interacting with the community and helping everyone grow together.

You can find me on sites like Gaia Online and some MMOs if you look around.

I'm very pleased to meet all of you *bows*

Aaron1981

#2119 Post by Aaron1981 »

Howdy. I'm Aaron. I'm Happily Married to a beautifull wife. I just created my first "virtual novel".
I'll be starting an Interactive media design course at a university this year in september/october.
This was my first time using "Ren Py". I'm very impressed with it. Considering it's a heck of a Lot easier than programming a microchip IC used in hobby electronic projects (which I also do).
Anyhow.. I thought it would be respectful of me to sign this welcome guestbook. So... I have...."what the?!?" ....yeppers.

uselessp
Regular
Completed: The way I live
Projects: Requiem of time, change and chase

#2120 Post by uselessp »

Well, hello. My name's uselessp

a newbie both in this forum and vn maker.
comment: Up to this point, I guess there's no problem. except that I'm running out of idea for character

LucCalar
Projects: White Dream

#2121 Post by LucCalar »

Hey guys,

My name is Jordan, but I go by my screen name LucCalar.

Currently nineteen years old, I am working on my first visual novel. I have learned quite a few valuable tips from those of you who post here.
I have been drawing for a little more than one year, I don't consider myself to be a professional artist but I believe that I am good enough to create a short novel.
I use both SAI and Photoshop for my illustrations so I can help out with questions involving those programs.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#2122 Post by Sapphi »

Hi, LucCalar. I really like the style of your avatar. Is it one of your drawings? :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Professor Luigi

Re(to the 2122nd power): Guestbook

#2123 Post by Professor Luigi »

I'm a wandering kiddo (who happens to be a professor) with nothing extraordinary to offer (well, not even ordinary for this forum). My reason for joining is simply if I happen to be desperate in my game developing for help. I may have sparks of inspiration only slightly greater than anything I'd produce without such motivation, but I'm not diligent enough to pursue it once I've reached a block in the middle (in other words, piles and piles of dead projects, as well as rejected story ideas just because I know it's not enough to inspire me throughout the developing process). I've thought and tried making numerous visual novels, basic turn-based RPGs, and even just simple short stories, but I quit much too quickly without really pushing myself to make a story I'd like just because not all the details align with my image of a "decent game."

The only thing I can really say about myself that's besides making a game is that I'm a simple otaku obsessed with organizing info (or maybe just that I'm afraid of forgetting things I've already experienced before, such as animes I've watched and mangas I've read). I may think of complex, psychological/social stories in my mind, but I'm a sucker for romantic comedies.

My style of writing is rather awkward (often misleading), but I hope I'll be able to get enough help to last me making at least one game.
Last edited by Professor Luigi on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

BroAesthetic
Projects: Culina: Spirit of Cooking (Writer)

#2124 Post by BroAesthetic »

Hello, all. My username is BroAesthetic and, well, I just joined the forum. I'm a writer with a small idea team behind me to help make some magic happen. I've been writing for five years and I would consider myself to be a decent writer. Because it's summer, I feel like it's a good time to do a ridiculously large project like a VN. Currently I'm looking to team up with a good artist to make something happen. If anyone reading this (who actually reads these introductions anyway?) wants to team up, hit me up by PM. Otherwise, I'll be hunting for good artists on this forum.

LucCalar

#2125 Post by LucCalar »

Sapphi wrote:Hi, LucCalar. I really like the style of your avatar. Is it one of your drawings? :)
Hello Sapphi.

My avatar is one of my latest drawings, I'm glad that you like the style of it.

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#2126 Post by Ionait »

LucCalar wrote:Hey guys,

Currently nineteen years old, I am working on my first visual novel. I have learned quite a few valuable tips from those of you who post here.
I have been drawing for a little more than one year, I don't consider myself to be a professional artist but I believe that I am good enough to create a short novel.
I use both SAI and Photoshop for my illustrations so I can help out with questions involving those programs.

Wow, you're from Colorado too! /excited haha xD I hope you and your family aren't being effected by the fires!

LucCalar

#2127 Post by LucCalar »

Ionait wrote:
LucCalar wrote:Hey guys,

Wow, you're from Colorado too! /excited haha xD I hope you and your family aren't being effected by the fires!
Good old centennial state... The nearest fire is the one in Waldo Canyon, but it's a hundred or so miles away. Should be fine as long as the valley doesn't catch on fire.
I hope you are not near the fires as well.
Sacrifices must be made to further your dreams.

White Dream

Progress.

Sprites 25% BGs 20% CGs 0% Code 0% Script 10% Music 0% UI 0%

Estimated day of finish: Day 120 240 in reality

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#2128 Post by Ionait »

LucCalar wrote:Good old centennial state... The nearest fire is the one in Waldo Canyon, but it's a hundred or so miles away. Should be fine as long as the valley doesn't catch on fire.
I hope you are not near the fires as well.
The nearest one to me is in Waldo Canyon too, but where we are located, the entire city would have to burn for it to reach us. So, unless this is actually the apocalypse, we'll be safe haha xD I just heard horrible reports on the news though of people looting abandoned houses and even someone impersonating a fire fighter. It's so sad.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#2129 Post by Sharm »

Oh wow, I'm in Colorado too. Smoke's been a problem, but there's no real danger from fires here either. We had a guy staying here while he was evacuated from his house, but he was able to go back to his apartment a few hours ago.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

mooingmage

#2130 Post by mooingmage »

AH Alrighty! //rolls into guestbook and introduces self

Nickname/Alias: Moo (mooingmage)
Website: ahm does this count? http://mooingmage.deviantart.com/
Comments on Site: It seems like a fun place, that is full of opportunities and fun games. I haven't gone around to see into all the games, but when I can I will.

I've been playing visual novel games for a while. I've mostly read into eroge, sound novels and other galge. My favourites so far would be Flyable Heart, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, A-Profile and Kira Kira.

I am 16 years old, and super excited to start a magical girl visual novel game!

I am also looking for a team so I'll go post more on that later then I can! I am a visual artist, and use SAI and photoshop.

Mushrooms are delicious!

And who said anything about wearing underwear e 7 e!!!! //shotdead

I am super excited to be part of this community!