[Kinetic] the song of stars - Lovecraftian horror piece

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jmclark
Organization: Gamba in the Garden Music Studios

Re: [Kinetic] the song of stars - Lovecraftian horror piece

#16 Post by jmclark »

Very nice, I liked it.

qyrnth

#17 Post by qyrnth »

Did you write all of this by yourself? O_o! if yes, I really give you a big salute and bow. The rich vocabulary and such~ The story is really good! I was enraptured big time! I love the black and white and sketchy art more than the anime style one, it's not that I say those are bad. They are as good. But I do love the monochrome sketchy one more~ XD...I also love how fitting the music is. I do dug up a bit about lovecraft and other theories in your story. I do find some reference. I love how detailed and real the plot was. Owo... but I never read lovecraft I've just got to know about his style after this.I might do so after I stumbled on this. Thank you so much for making this awesome game...:D. I do hope you put some extra there. Like your thoughts, CG, BG, and Sprites Gallery, also Music room. But it might be too much of a hassle for you. It's just for my own satisfaction and entertainment (and fangirlism, lol. :P). I actually do love how the author put their thoughts about his/her thoughts about their own piece. well, I am a weirdo. oh well. A curious cat~ #meow. :mrgreen:

Kessie
Regular

#18 Post by Kessie »

That.was.cool.

I don't have much to add on to what has already been said. :P
But props for making a great kinetic novel!
I was hooked from beginning to end.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#19 Post by unknown5 »

@qyrnth

thank you. yes, i wrote it all in 2 weeks. the seed for the story, though, was an idea i jotted down a few years ago.

also, this is not my usual writing style. i prefer minimalist, dialogue-driven writing, but for lovecraft, i knew i had to change a bit. my writing is a pale imitation of his mastery of the language. i've only read a smattering of hpl's works, but i'm a huge fan of his imaginative concepts and the atmosphere that suffuses his writings. a true genius. i tried to weave bits and pieces of reality with fiction because i think there is a dark realism and scientific groundedness that is a crucial element to his horror.

adding extras would be nice, but i prefer working on creating new stories instead of tweaking old ones. sorry. i hope that's ok. =) i'll try to put extras in my future pieces.

@Kessie

thank you. i'll try to release more stories/content regularly. actually, i was working on some ideas last night for another lovecraftian piece. this one isn't a kn, so it's a bit more complicated. not sure how long it will take.

@jmclark

sorry for the extremely tardy response. but thank you.

(hahah, i just noticed that subconsciously my language in this reply morphed from my typical 'lol wut, i dunno. w00t!' to 'i daresay, that was quite delightful.' :lol:)

edit: hmm, i still have to elevate my verbiage a tad, lest it be but the mere callow pretensions of a literary tyro.... urgh. definitely not my style. lol
information wants to be free, yo.

Chibichann
Regular

#20 Post by Chibichann »

yahhhhhhhh i am going to download now :lol:

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#21 Post by unknown5 »

an early sketch from another lovecraft-related piece i'm working on ... hope to finish by the end of this month, if possible.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=21714

information wants to be free, yo.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#22 Post by qirien »

Beautiful writing, poetic and creepy. The black and white art fit the mood perfectly and evoked a sense of horrors just "scratching" the surface. Thank you for making it!
Finished games: