The Onigami House [NaNo2012][GxB][Mystery][On Hiatus]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

Re: The Onigami House [NaNoRenO 2012][GxB][Mystery]

#16 Post by Kitten the Cat »

ixWishing wrote:Hmmm .
This VN kinda reminds me of Hakuouki.
The story plot is somewhat similar xP .

Anyways, the Demo is pretty nice, I love the Sprites, they're so pretty ~
Congrats on the Demo release!
Thank you so much for playing!

I have to be honest... I've never played Hakuoki so I kinda panicked when you said it was somewhat similar. I checked on Wikipedia and you're right, there are many elements where they are similar... but I assure you, the story is going to be different ^^

(That said, I'm gonna pick up Hakuoki and see if we can move away from any more similarities XD)
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

CassieHolloway
Regular

#17 Post by CassieHolloway »

This sounds interesting. Do you mind if I do commentary or review while I play the demo? It will be on my blog and the link should be in my signature. Once the next demo (or finished game) is up I'll do a new one.

As to my initial thoughts: I really like vns that are different then others. It's hard to find a fantasy or mystery when most of the things I come across here are romance only. I DO understand those type of vn but for me romance can come second or farther back. My advice at this moment is to expand slightly on the initial post. I'll post a new comment when I'm done with the demo. Best of luck.
My little blog for reviews and development involving indie (or otherwise unknown) VN and Games in general: http://cassieholloway.wordpress.com/

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#18 Post by Kitten the Cat »

CassieHolloway wrote:This sounds interesting. Do you mind if I do commentary or review while I play the demo? It will be on my blog and the link should be in my signature. Once the next demo (or finished game) is up I'll do a new one.
Thank you Cassie! No problem, a critical review will definitely be very helpful to us. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. ^^

CassieHolloway
Regular

#19 Post by CassieHolloway »

Well, played the demo and aside from my thoughts on my blog I came up with a few more.

1) Probably do a rough estimate how long the chapters are
- I went though the prologue/chapter 1 slowly due to the backgrounds
2) Eventually have a description or pictures of characters on a blog or something.
3) The expressions and character concept are good (backgrounds reminded me of a cartoon or a anime in general) In other words they were nice o look at.
4) Sometimes it is good to be compared to something while other times it's not. It all depends on hwo you can change it up and make it your own.

I think that's good enough to begin with. I can't wait to see more of this.

PS Sorry if it wasn't much help or review since I tend to speak my thoughts out more.
My little blog for reviews and development involving indie (or otherwise unknown) VN and Games in general: http://cassieholloway.wordpress.com/

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#20 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thank you for playing Cassie, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. :)
CassieHolloway wrote: - I went though the prologue/chapter 1 slowly due to the backgrounds
What do you mean by went through it slowly? Did you have loading problems or something? o_O;;
CassieHolloway wrote: 2) Eventually have a description or pictures of characters on a blog or something.
Haha the character descriptions are up in the our blog but I'm not really good at giving out information without giving away the mystery. ^^; I guess we wanted people to find out who these characters are by playing themselves. Also... we're still in the process of developing the plot, so you might find more information there in the future. :)
CassieHolloway wrote: PS Sorry if it wasn't much help or review since I tend to speak my thoughts out more.
Ah no, that was alright! Just knowing that you played the game is also very rewarding for us ^^ It would be good if you could tell us what aspects you strongly liked/disliked, and also your favourite character? (Just keeping tabs on this one, haha)

Thanks again!

CassieHolloway
Regular

#21 Post by CassieHolloway »

I moved slowly because I was looking at the sprites and backgrounds a tad to long. I liked the expressions on the characters and the general idea makes me curious about the split screen shadow thing that the mc sees. I turned my head away so got less description then than if I saw it appear/vanish fully. I DO recommend maybe expanding on the MC's interactions or thoughts after the introductions, village talk with Asuka(?) and finding out her father passed away... Not in that order but well... What I mean is that while I can imagine her pain at losing her father she might have had the option of denying or lashing out against the truth. Regardless, I hope you continue on with this project.

Personally, I'm torn between Ryuu... (Since for the life of me can't remember his full name) and Gen >.> Gen mostly want to see how far I can tick him of. Ryu for his noble air. My first thought on Minoru was: Stereotypical Shameless flirt. Over the dicussions i Had with him though showed hinted at other things (also somewhat stereotypical). I want to know why he 'purred' Can't wait to to see if my theory on that is right.

I'll be checking back frequently.

Cue-san
Regular

#22 Post by Cue-san »

The story's nice, the art was too. :O
So cool, and lord onigami is sure scary isn't he ?
Andd , the developer is true, XD . I tried it :O, Is it fine ?

Btw, Congrats on releasing :3 ~ Good Luck !
* Creating a new life, Back to Study, Back to Arts - Creating a new game >:D<

Uruki-chan

#23 Post by Uruki-chan »

My first impression of the game was: Oh cool, it's a mystery game and it has so nice arts... Hopefully it is good!
AND it was sooooo much fun to play the demo!! :D I thought that it might disappoint me, but no it was not!! The story and art are amazing! Really, you could think that it is a commercial game.

The dialouges with the different personalities are so amusing and very refreshing. I'm relieved that the heroine is NOT a boring doormat, in your game she can be a great personality! :D

Characters
Gen is such a cuuuute "brat". :D :D He's quite mean to the heroine! But in a good way I guess. Hehe. :wink: But the conversations with the confident personality of Kyoko is hilarious. The bickering is just too much for me. I laughed so hard at some parts. One of the best parts: Kyoko: "You..! You.. You kappa!!" And that blush! *faint* I really hope that he will be a nice tsundere. ^^
Ryuunosuke or short Ryuu might be the mysterious and cold on the exterior guy. Normally I'm biased towards those mysterious guys, but maybe he's too serious at the moment. I guess I'll fall for him, if the opens up. :D
Oh Minoru... don't be such a flirt! 8) His jokes are always bad to no end, so bad, that they are actually funny!! He might be flirty and so on, but he's likely to have a badass side somewhere deep inside him, while showing off.
Maybe it's just my imagination, but...
shouldn't the MC be more curious about what happened to her father? Like what he was doing in the Onigame House and how he died? It doesn't feel right, that she is not questioning those things...I mean she is surrounded by bishies, I understand that, but still... ^^Seems like he was killed by the Onigamis though, since Gen pointed this out...
It's so mean to leave us with this open ending in chapter 1. ;)
I actually was frightened by that shadow, even though I knew that something was coming.
Oh, a funny idea of continuation of chapter 1 if it was a comedy:
It turns out, that Minoru was peeping on Kyoko. He tries to cover her mouth before she screams saying: "Please don't scream, I was just peep... ah no, I mean... I was just watching over you since it's dangerous... And now let me hide in your room before Ryuu kills me!!"
I think the mystery factor will make this game very interesting, since the game does not consist of only "dating" a character but also the difficulty of solving the mystery or mysteries.

The game so far was very enjoyable. You did a really good job! Please continue with your work! Your fan's are patiently waiting for the final release of your game. :)
「僕だけのキミになってほしい。」(I want you to become mine alone.)

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#24 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Thanks Cue-san and Uruki-chan for playing!

Uruki-chan,
we are in the process of tightening up the script... and one of the things we're addressing is Kyoko's reaction to the news, based on players' feedback ^^ When we release the final game, Chapter 1 will be a little bit different to what we have in the demo.

Lol yeah Minoru does hang around Kyoko's room a lot...
Thanks again!

vyushko
Regular
Projects: The Tale of Euphoria: To Save the Desolate Future

#25 Post by vyushko »

I really like it and can't wait for it to be finished! If you need any help, just ask. :)
“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.”

Uruki-chan

#26 Post by Uruki-chan »

May I ask how the status of the game is at the moment? It's not like I want to pressure you or something, I'm just curious about how far the game made it by now. :)

Oh, I forgot...
It's so coool, that there are so many possibilities in Chapter 1 to be greeted by the 3 bishounens... I mean, I can get welcomed by Ryuu, Minoru or Gen... And based on the MC's personality we get different dialogues... That's really great! I loved it!
「僕だけのキミになってほしい。」(I want you to become mine alone.)

Kitten the Cat
Regular

#27 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Uruki-chan wrote:May I ask how the status of the game is at the moment? It's not like I want to pressure you or something, I'm just curious about how far the game made it by now. :)

Oh, I forgot...
It's so coool, that there are so many possibilities in Chapter 1 to be greeted by the 3 bishounens... I mean, I can get welcomed by Ryuu, Minoru or Gen... And based on the MC's personality we get different dialogues... That's really great! I loved it!
Sorry for the late reply, Uruki-chan!

I've actually been very busy with other RL stuff -_-; So there's little progress on our end, to be honest. We're gonna miss our target deadline, but I assure you we are working on it ^^
And I'm glad you liked the different dialogues ^^ We noticed in most otomes that the heroines were usually the same - nice, slightly airheaded - and we wanted different takes on it. Hence, Kyoko's split personalities XD

Veniae
Veteran

#28 Post by Veniae »

Eh, how come I hadn't noticed this earlier? Just downloaded the demo, I'll come back with some thoughts in a bit! (:

Edit: Okay, so I finished it. And it was perfect! Seriously - beautiful art, beautiful BGs, beautiful music and an interesting story! I'm really curious about what's actually going on, and I can't wait to find out! The characters were also intriguing and appealing, and the fact they're incredibly good looking also works in their favour.

I like the atmosphere in the game - calm, yet somewhat ominous. I think the music further enhances the eeriness factor. Not to mention that it's lovely! On the same note, I like how there are scenes with no music at all, it builds up suspense, methinks.

I must admit, there wasn't a character I was drawn to at first sight - because they don't seem to be the default archetypes' embodiment, they look more real and need some time getting used to. If that makes sense. At the moment Ryuu smirked, though, I was sold. <3 Gen is also completely adorable and so goddamn handsome! *-* Minoru is such a cutie, and yet there's something about him that I can't understand. That makes me curious!

Also, I could gush about the prettiness of this game into next year, that's how wonderful the sprites are. Also, drooled over those backgrounds!

There were a couple of grammatical mistakes here and there, I think, but nothing too serious. On the whole, this looks really polished and I'm looking forward to the full version! Is it going to be commercial?

Nebty

#29 Post by Nebty »

Wow, this is awesome! And I love the feature that lets me determine Kyoko's personality. Confident!Kyoko is the best. :)

By the way, the sprite art looks a lot like the art in Christine Love's "Don't Take it Personally, Babe" (Asuka could be Kendall's twin). Is it the same artist?

Cue-san
Regular

#30 Post by Cue-san »

Nebty wrote:Wow, this is awesome! And I love the feature that lets me determine Kyoko's personality. Confident!Kyoko is the best. :)

By the way, the sprite art looks a lot like the art in Christine Love's "Don't Take it Personally, Babe" (Asuka could be Kendall's twin). Is it the same artist?
It's the same sprite artist. It's from todukaya :3. Take a look at it . [Tokudaya.net]
* Creating a new life, Back to Study, Back to Arts - Creating a new game >:D<