Where do you buy tablets anyway?!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: Where do you buy tablets anyway?!

#16 Post by Sapphi »

Ionait wrote:Once I actually get to the store, I will find out where they HIDE THEM.
I know, right?! The ones in my best buy were nowhere near the other computer stuff. They were on a low shelf near the cameras. And the first time I looked, I couldn't find them either, and when I asked the associate he brought me to the tablet computers...

Well, it's as we knew all along... art is pain!! :lol:
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#17 Post by Ionait »

I picked up an Intuos5 Small from Best Buy today!

For the record: The tablets were located with the Shutterfly gift cards, across from the HAIR DRYERS and DIGITAL PHOTO FRAMES.

Wtf Best Buy?

But you know what made it all worth it? Well, other than the fact that I am smelling weird but awesome chemically Intuos smell right now?

When I asked the guy there if they had the wireless kits for the tablet, when he told me they didn't, he bowed. He bowed like some sort of old timey chivalrous knight with a little dip of his arm. And then his co-worker called him a complete dork.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#18 Post by Sapphi »

Ionait wrote: When I asked the guy there if they had the wireless kits for the tablet, when he told me they didn't, he bowed. He bowed like some sort of old timey chivalrous knight with a little dip of his arm. And then his co-worker called him a complete dork.
Oooh... *goes to use drooling smiley* *there is no drooling smiley*

I wish we had old timey chivalrous knights at our Best Buy. The only significantly cool experience I ever had with a Best Buy employee is when one correctly recognized my boyfriend's skull and crossbones shirt as Harlock's flag and struck up a conversation with us.

Other than that, I mostly just get the same old "Do you need help finding anything?" when I am trying to concentrate on looking at things. I am a detail oriented person. I could stare at the little rocks in the sidewalk, or at plants in the ground, for hours. Concentration is not an easy task for me in places like stores. It is sensory overload and it's always just when I'm reading something or reaching to pick something up that those people assault me with "Are you finding anything okay?!" I mean, in their defense, it's probably some dumb corporate ritual they all have to do to keep their job, but it is extremely annoying and kind of stressful since I have to go out of my way to smile and laugh and reassure them that I am, in fact, finding everything okay. Even when I'm not, because as we saw in my last post, sometimes asking them is useless because they can't find everything okay either. XD But seriously, one day I was in there and had three separate people ask me if I needed help. They practically pounced on me!

I do like their greeters, though. They're not like the Walmart greeters who give you tired or suspicious looks (Me While Entering Walmart: Look at the ground! Don't make eye contact until out of Greeting Lady Range!) but instead smile and wave and say hi to you. No sales push or canned message, just hi. That is a really nice introduction to the store. :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#19 Post by LVUER »

Sapphi wrote:
Ionait wrote: When I asked the guy there if they had the wireless kits for the tablet, when he told me they didn't, he bowed. He bowed like some sort of old timey chivalrous knight with a little dip of his arm. And then his co-worker called him a complete dork.
Oooh... *goes to use drooling smiley* *there is no drooling smiley*

I wish we had old timey chivalrous knights at our Best Buy. The only significantly cool experience I ever had with a Best Buy employee is when one correctly recognized my boyfriend's skull and crossbones shirt as Harlock's flag and struck up a conversation with us.

Other than that, I mostly just get the same old "Do you need help finding anything?" when I am trying to concentrate on looking at things. I am a detail oriented person. I could stare at the little rocks in the sidewalk, or at plants in the ground, for hours. Concentration is not an easy task for me in places like stores. It is sensory overload and it's always just when I'm reading something or reaching to pick something up that those people assault me with "Are you finding anything okay?!" I mean, in their defense, it's probably some dumb corporate ritual they all have to do to keep their job, but it is extremely annoying and kind of stressful since I have to go out of my way to smile and laugh and reassure them that I am, in fact, finding everything okay. Even when I'm not, because as we saw in my last post, sometimes asking them is useless because they can't find everything okay either. XD But seriously, one day I was in there and had three separate people ask me if I needed help. They practically pounced on me!

I do like their greeters, though. They're not like the Walmart greeters who give you tired or suspicious looks (Me While Entering Walmart: Look at the ground! Don't make eye contact until out of Greeting Lady Range!) but instead smile and wave and say hi to you. No sales push or canned message, just hi. That is a really nice introduction to the store. :)
Eh... I don't know how's thing over there but usually they are offering help. It's not simply greet you or asking you are alright (since usually you are not alright). You enter a store, probably don't know where to look, or even don't know what you're looking for. So rather than you spend the next 3 hours figuring where and how, you just need to ask the staff there "Hey, I need X thingie item that supposedly do Y" and let them do the thinking.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#20 Post by Ionait »

Slightly off topic, but... Thank you Best Buy! I started drawing right away. Ended up with... a.. space.. school girl? Anyway, I'm so happy. ;_;

wulfae
Regular

#21 Post by wulfae »

I know you found your tablet, but I wanted to offer a couple more Canadian stores in case anyone looks through this thread later for answers...

NCIX has them, both online and in stores.

If you are out west, London Drugs also carries wacoms.

I believe Costco also carries them? I think they're on the retailer list on the wacom site.

Check out the wacom site. For me, the button is on the right hand side of the screen and it says 'find a retailer'. This, err, should have been the first suggestion I gave.