Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

Re: Ideas Dump

#901 Post by Mink »

A game based on The Goose Girl. That is all.

Because if I had to be traumatized by that, so does everyone else.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#902 Post by Sapphi »

wakagana wrote: Imagine this, Hamtarou, (yes the hamster thing from the show/games) Riding two Orca Whales into the heat of battle (Nazi Germany flagships) with a lightsaber in one hand, and a golden chain that Hamtarou is using for a reign. However, this is just the opening scene. But the actual Movie ends up being completly different leaving the entry to the movie a thrilling-michael bay-esc movie with tons of explosions and dead nazi's to grab that crowds attention.

AFTERWARDS. The movie transitions into the story of a single male who works a 9 to 5 job for 8$ an hour, and he meets a woman in the same shoes and then it ends up becoming a romantic comedy that is copy-paste material from every other romantic comedy on the market.
I think you should tie the introduction in somehow.
Like, at the end of the movie it goes back to the splosions, and it's revealed that the rom com couple were actually the two Orca whales the whole time, and the whales were just reminiscing about how they met in their youth together before going off to face their deaths.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#903 Post by wakagana »

Sapphi wrote:
wakagana wrote: Imagine this, Hamtarou, (yes the hamster thing from the show/games) Riding two Orca Whales into the heat of battle (Nazi Germany flagships) with a lightsaber in one hand, and a golden chain that Hamtarou is using for a reign. However, this is just the opening scene. But the actual Movie ends up being completly different leaving the entry to the movie a thrilling-michael bay-esc movie with tons of explosions and dead nazi's to grab that crowds attention.

AFTERWARDS. The movie transitions into the story of a single male who works a 9 to 5 job for 8$ an hour, and he meets a woman in the same shoes and then it ends up becoming a romantic comedy that is copy-paste material from every other romantic comedy on the market.
I think you should tie the introduction in somehow.
Like, at the end of the movie it goes back to the splosions, and it's revealed that the rom com couple were actually the two Orca whales the whole time, and the whales were just reminiscing about how they met in their youth together before going off to face their deaths.

OH MY GOD SAPPHI. YOU'RE BRILLIANT. THEY WOULD BE CRAZY TO NOT MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF THAT.

OKAY NEW PLOT :

The two whales, are actually the humans from the romantic comedy. But they get kidnapped by a secret United States organization and they get mutated into Orca whales. Afterwards the Communists capture the two orca whales and Hamtarou and they are imprissoned for the rest of their lives in different cells, nonetheless ;( and the movie looks as though its going to end.

BUT THEN BAMB. a 3 SEASON WEEKLY SERIES ABOUT THE TWO OF THEM TRYING TO GET OUT OF JAIL CALLED 'JAILBREAK."

Fuck, I'm a genius, why don't people pick up on these things.

J. Datie
Veteran

#904 Post by J. Datie »

wakagana wrote:BUT THEN BAMB. a 3 SEASON WEEKLY SERIES ABOUT THE TWO OF THEM TRYING TO GET OUT OF JAIL CALLED 'JAILBREAK."
Sounds like this prison break...

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...was orca-strated.

wakagana
Veteran

#905 Post by wakagana »

J. Datie wrote:
wakagana wrote:BUT THEN BAMB. a 3 SEASON WEEKLY SERIES ABOUT THE TWO OF THEM TRYING TO GET OUT OF JAIL CALLED 'JAILBREAK."
Sounds like this prison break...

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...was orca-strated.

Oh my fucking god, i just rolled out of my bed laughing. I love you. Make love to me.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#906 Post by Showsni »

wakagana wrote:Okay, so I had this great Idea for a block-buster movie, but no film-studio seems to want to pick up on it. Okay okay.

Imagine this, Hamtarou, (yes the hamster thing from the show/games) Riding two Orca Whales into the heat of battle (Nazi Germany flagships) with a lightsaber in one hand, and a golden chain that Hamtarou is using for a reign. However, this is just the opening scene. But the actual Movie ends up being completly different leaving the entry to the movie a thrilling-michael bay-esc movie with tons of explosions and dead nazi's to grab that crowds attention.

Also, It will have a complete soundtrack by Justin Bieber. That way I catch every single range of possible audiance groups there are.

Now I'm just waiting for my big break.
Reminds me of this xkcd strip...

wakagana
Veteran

#907 Post by wakagana »

Showsni wrote:
Reminds me of this xkcd strip...

I approve.
Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 2.51.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-08 at 2.51.53 PM.png (40.71 KiB) Viewed 1912 times

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#908 Post by gekiganwing »

Our main character is a guy who's an ordinary person with no real ambitions. He happens to resemble a currently popular teen idol. What does he do when girls his age mistake him for the celebrity? Does he take advantage of this coincidence? Or can he use this "power" for anything other than attracting girls and personal gain?
Neckod wrote: That project consists of three parts.
If you want to write this story, I'd recommend using two of the three parts. For instance, I think you could fuse the school romance story with the infected people story. (In other words, it's a school that strives to keep infected individuals safe until they're ready to see the world.) As for the fight-your-other-selves story... I'm not sure if you could smoothly transition from one of the other plots without a lot of work, but it's possible.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#909 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Showsni wrote: Reminds me of this xkcd strip...

That reminds me of an idea that I've had for a while.

You know how in almost all horror movies, it's from the point of view of the recon team, after all the scientists have been killed? Instead, you play as one of the scientists.

It would start as a slice of life, but then the monster/zombie/alien gets out. Instead of the usual trope of people slowly getting whittled down one by one, they die in groves.

There is no way to survive. You aren't the first to die, and you aren't the last. You are simply another scientist, who dies before the "real" conflict starts.

I think it could be a great way of illustrating that it isn't the ending that matters, but the journey.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#910 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Title: Class S
A story about the Class S relationships that happen at an all girl's school in Class S.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#911 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

It seems I'm good at killing threads.

Story Concept: (BxG) You are the head butler. Nurture Guide ALL the maids!

You're the head butler?

Absolutely! You've worked very hard and very long for a rich family, and now you're a creepy wrinkly old man! Can you find love with these youthful, possibly underage maids?

Use your age, relative power, and wisdom to get all the underage maid girls!
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#912 Post by LVUER »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Use your age, relative power, and wisdom to get all the underage maid girls!
Now I absolutely love this idea (>o<) Don't mind if I made a game with this?

There's a game like this titled "Maid Training" or something. You are a young man, out of option, recently employed as a maid trainer. Your job? To train maid, of course. There are three stats you need to train: Cleaning, Cooking, Laundry. You live in a mansion where you train three maids (typical: a tomboy, a sexy, a childish type) and you need to take care of the mansion at the same time (well, you get three maids to do that for you, no?).

The best part? The night training! Yeah, it seems every maids in VN/anime need to be trained for night activity (don't do this in RL or you'll get sued for sex harassment). What kind of training? Do you really need to ask?

I really miss this game. I have a copy but I completely forget where I put it and every attempt to find it failed (T__T)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#913 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

LVUER! You simply must make a maid game! It's been quite a while since I've gotten my maid fix. :mrgreen:
Tsundere VN

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#914 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

LVUER! You simply must make a maid game! It's been quite a while since I've gotten my maid fix. :mrgreen:
Tsundere VN

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#915 Post by gekiganwing »

A while ago, I wrote a sentence or two in this thread, trying to think of a maid-themed visual novel with some clever or interesting ideas. Still not entirely sure if including more than a scrap of realism would be a good idea.

There's a few entries on the VNDB with the tag "maid protagonist." A lot of them are explicit. And only a few such as "Ijiwaru MyMaster" are authentic reverse harem stories in which the main character is a maid. If you want something worksafe, start with the comics series "Full House Kiss," which AFAIK has never been licensed for official translation.
LVUER wrote:There's a game like this titled "Maid Training" or something.
You might be thinking of "The Maid's Story," which was released by Himeya Soft during 2001. As far as I can tell, it fits the description you gave, simulation gameplay and all. It appears to be out of print... I looked at several retail sites, but had no success finding a legit copy. If you are interested, read a review before you go to auction sites and pay for a rare sealed copy. ...On the other hand, Mangagamer's "We Love Master" and Peach Princess' "Little My Maid" are still in-print. Neither has simulation gameplay.