Hatoful Boyfriend

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Hatoful Boyfriend

#46 Post by LVUER »

Narutaru, everyone? ;P
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Nekochi
Regular
Projects: Snow White and the Seven Thugs
Organization: Royal Flush

#47 Post by Nekochi »

I really want to make a game like this with cats.

catonkikisbow

#48 Post by catonkikisbow »

As I just learned, there is BL in one of the back stories of this game.

One of the tragic back stories.

But every other ending works as just a straight-but-not-really-in-terms-of-premise-and-execution otome game.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#49 Post by kara24601 »

Since I have important information to share, I hope it's not a big issue for me to post again here.

Anyway, I know one person was trying to be helpful but they were telling me stuff I already knew.
How to download and use the patch wasn't the problem.

I downloaded the demo and english patch again and had the same problems I had last time....that was _until_ finding the solution while trying to find the right answer to why I was having troubles. I thought my copy , ( if I indeed even had it or still have it ) of quicktime worked fine but apparently that was the problem all along - apparently even when you fix the main problem the patch still doesn't have everything translated - just the main in-game text during play and hardly any or none of the menu stuff is translated.
( *annoyed look* )

Anyway , I'm just so happy that I finally found the information I needed and can play the demo on my laptop now.
So...I'm considering buying the full game now that I know a little more and got the demo working.

For anybody else who may be having problems getting the demo or full game to work : Have the latest or a certain version of quicktime or just do what I did - download and install quicktime alternative. After I did that , I stopped getting that weird japanese error message about a supposedly missing wave file and the demo ran smoothly.
The only downside to the english patch for the demo is that for whatever reason, they didn't bother translating _everything_ so only the story parts and some interactive things in-game are translated and even then some things still have leftover / untranslated Japanese. Seems like there's only one or two spelling mistakes overall the translation makes sense and is thankfully good in that respect, little or no "All your base" type crap so...yeah. :lol:

Download Trial Version
Hatoful Boyfriend Translation Patch
Quicktime Alternative

I stumbled across a tumblr thing - ( this is not the exact link but it has a post with helpful links ) - and that's how I found out about the quicktime thing
Hatoful Boyfriend Discussion

Hello , Mac users! This may be of help!
Help For Mac Owners wanting to play the demo or full game

Supposedly, the full game doesn't require a patch as it comes already translated. But since I haven't bought it yet I don't know how true it is and can't tell from others posts... :oops:

Buy Hatoful Boyfriend

I know , I know.....I added the demo and other links just in case and if for some reason they ever move or get a mirror then I'll update this post with the new urls / mirror urls too so that everyone who hasn't played yet will know where to to get things.
Last edited by kara24601 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macuyo
Regular
Completed: Get Dumped
Projects: Soul Collector
Organization: Macuyo Production

#50 Post by macuyo »

This game was really funny haha, wish I had the money to buy the full game ; v ;/// At first I found it hard to distinguish between the pigeons and gave up but after seeing so much of it on tumblr I had to play it again~ Played this a while ago but just dropping a comment here since I saw this thread. xD I was a little surprised by the plot...
r-relating those pigeons to secret government agencies etc LOL
I really hope the creator makes more games and translates them into English! I love how interesting her ideas are ^O^/

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#51 Post by kara24601 »

I agree! Not sure if she's planning making any more games but I'd certainly be interested in finding out what she'll do next should she decide to make more.

The Grim Reaper
I love how HB referenced an older game in one of the endings.

How I feel about Hatoful Boyfriend so far

Overall the translation of in-game stuff is good, a few spelling errors here and there but at least it's not chock full of spelling errors and weird things like it would be if somebody else - who's not good at translations - did it. ( if that makes any sense...hahaha )

Once again, the translation team did not bother translating every little thing.

This really annoys me as I expect everything to be translated - ( not just in-game stuff and text ) - when I buy a game.

On the upside, I don't remember any spelling errors in the demo version and I would be surprised to find any in the final version.
( it's hard to enjoy a game when there is a lot of spelling errors )

I think I've got almost every ending or every ending but bad boys love or whatever now.

Very much looking forward to more hatoful games....heh

( I have things to do right now so I will be back to update this later )
Last edited by kara24601 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by CheeryMoya »

Dunno if any of you guys have heard of the Flockstar Team, but apparently they're working on a HB fangame called Hatoful Girlfriend. Yup, looks like guys will get their pigeon girlfriends now. They're not going to genderflip the characters; instead, a whole new flock of birds will be in town.
Hatoful Girlfriend takes place in the same year as Hatoful Boyfriend, in a different area of Japan. Here, the transition of birds to being the leading species greatly affects life. Your family’s power affects the life you live, along with your species.
Our protagonist, Hiro, however, is blessed. He is birthed into an ancient, powerful human family, perhaps the only one that still holds a presence. Because of this, he has been nurtured and isolated from the outside world, his only entertainment being the fairy tale books he had read to him when he was young.
He wants to be the prince that saves all the princesses, like in his stories. And this leads him to beg his parents to let him attend a school, so he can have some form of contact with any person. It cannot be any school, however. It has to be high-class for him to be properly safe, his elders believe. They send him off to West Wing Academy, an educational facility specializing in research and sports.
Here, he goes on many crazy adventures, some being Heartful and others Hurtful, while he quests to find his One True Princess.
They're on tumblr here, with a forum over here. They plan to do this project with Ren'Py and in English originally.

Personally, I'm interested in how things will go so I might pop into their forums.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#53 Post by Hijiri »

CheeryMoya wrote:Dunno if any of you guys have heard of the Flockstar Team, but apparently they're working on a HB fangame called Hatoful Girlfriend. Yup, looks like guys will get their pigeon girlfriends now. They're not going to genderflip the characters; instead, a whole new flock of birds will be in town.
Hatoful Girlfriend takes place in the same year as Hatoful Boyfriend, in a different area of Japan. Here, the transition of birds to being the leading species greatly affects life. Your family’s power affects the life you live, along with your species.
Our protagonist, Hiro, however, is blessed. He is birthed into an ancient, powerful human family, perhaps the only one that still holds a presence. Because of this, he has been nurtured and isolated from the outside world, his only entertainment being the fairy tale books he had read to him when he was young.
He wants to be the prince that saves all the princesses, like in his stories. And this leads him to beg his parents to let him attend a school, so he can have some form of contact with any person. It cannot be any school, however. It has to be high-class for him to be properly safe, his elders believe. They send him off to West Wing Academy, an educational facility specializing in research and sports.
Here, he goes on many crazy adventures, some being Heartful and others Hurtful, while he quests to find his One True Princess.
They're on tumblr here, with a forum over here. They plan to do this project with Ren'Py and in English originally.

Personally, I'm interested in how things will go so I might pop into their forums.
Pidgeon dating for everyone!
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Wowness. I hope they finish it~!
deviantART
---------------------

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#55 Post by Mini_Moshi »

kara24601 wrote:Since I have important information to share, I hope it's not a big issue for me to post again here.

Anyway, I know one person was trying to be helpful but they were telling me stuff I already knew.
How to download and use the patch wasn't the problem.

I downloaded the demo and english patch again and had the same problems I had last time....that was _until_ finding the solution while trying to find the right answer to why I was having troubles. I thought my copy , ( if I indeed even had it or still have it ) of quicktime worked fine but apparently that was the problem all along - apparently even when you fix the main problem the patch still doesn't have everything translated - just the main in-game text during play and hardly any or none of the menu stuff is translated.
( *annoyed look* )

Anyway , I'm just so happy that I finally found the information I needed and can play the demo on my laptop now.
So...I'm considering buying the full game now that I know a little more and got the demo working.

For anybody else who may be having problems getting the demo or full game to work : Have the latest or a certain version of quicktime or just do what I did - download and install quicktime alternative. After I did that , I stopped getting that weird japanese error message about a supposedly missing wave file and the demo ran smoothly.
The only downside to the english patch for the demo is that for whatever reason, they didn't bother translating _everything_ so only the story parts and some interactive things in-game are translated and even then some things still have leftover / untranslated Japanese. Seems like there's only one or two spelling mistakes overall the translation makes sense and is thankfully good in that respect, little or no "All your base" type crap so...yeah. :lol:

Download Trial Version
Hatoful Boyfriend Translation Patch
Quicktime Alternative

I stumbled across a tumblr thing - ( this is not the exact link but it has a post with helpful links ) - and that's how I found out about the quicktime thing
Hatoful Boyfriend Discussion

Hello , Mac users! This may be of help!
Help For Mac Owners wanting to play the demo or full game

Supposedly, the full game doesn't require a patch as it comes already translated. But since I haven't bought it yet I don't know how true it is and can't tell from others posts... :oops:

Buy Hatoful Boyfriend

I know , I know.....I added the demo and other links just in case and if for some reason they ever move or get a mirror then I'll update this post with the new urls / mirror urls too so that everyone who hasn't played yet will know where to to get things.
This solved my problem! Thank you so much! :D

CloudOfSugar

#56 Post by CloudOfSugar »

Okay, I know this is two years old, but I assume that reviving it is better than creating another one. I'm having a problem with the game. Everytime I try to open it, I get a message error saying "II img/ui/msg-hatoful.jpg IIIII (0)" with a black screen in the background. I read I need to run Famous Writer in Compatibility Mode, but the closest thing I found was to make it work with older sistems, and I only got a generic error message saying that Famous Writer had detected an error and needed to close, not even opening the black screen. Does anybody know how to solve this? I'm trying to play the demo, by the way.

Lucky-pon

#57 Post by Lucky-pon »

Hmm, do you have QuickTime 6.5 or above, or Quicktime Alternative installed on your computer ?

CloudOfSugar

#58 Post by CloudOfSugar »

I've just installed QuickTime 7 and the problem continues. (Thanks for answering so soon, by the way)

Lucky-pon

#59 Post by Lucky-pon »

(You're welcome)
Argh, I'm sorry, I don't know how to solve your problem T_T Try to download it again maybe ?

CloudOfSugar

#60 Post by CloudOfSugar »

It's the second time I've downloaded it, though. The first time was last year, I think. I gave up and the file is probably still somewhere in my computer. Such a shame too, because I had bought it. Still, it's cheap, so I'm willing to buy it again.
Now that I think of it, do I need to do something with QuickTime or just having it installed? If it is the former case, that might be the problem.