After the Rain [working title]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Furu.dk

After the Rain [working title]

#1 Post by Furu.dk »

It just dawned on me that I should make this thread...

Anyway, After the Rain is my first project! (And the title itself will probably change.) I guess it's considered bishonen, considering you play a girl... but I'm not sure about if the choices will be choosing a guy. (It might be the choice of choosing him or not choosing him, there's a legimite reason for both...) And, I'm wondering if you, as a potential player, would like a possible shojo-ai choice along with the other choices... for a bit of creativity or something.

The simple story is that the girl loved a guy, but he recently died. No one knew she loved him, so she feels no one would understand and doesn't tell anyone that she feels majorly depressed. One day, she hears crashing in her back-yard, and finds two "angels", a boy and a girl, have come to the surface world for study purposes and have landed in her backyard...and one of them is him (the guy she loved who died.) He doesn't remember anything about her though, how can that be?

Of course it goes on from there, and once I get the code fixed and a bit more done I'll be that far in the script.... ^^;;

I'm trying to do this all by myself, since I'm an okay artist and writer. I would like to know, however, if anyone has any good music composer freeware-- the one I found makes automated music based on your imput, but it won't make the sort of music I need. (Though if I made a game that didn't have a depressed main character, it'd be perfect.)
My current project is "After the Rain"... and it's no where near done. ^^;;

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#2 Post by DaFool »

Sounds interesting.

Shoujo-ai is no problem as well :D

There's Anvil Studio to compose midi music (I have yet to use it though, but from initial impressions its similar to MAGIX (not free?) which I have been using). Then you use Timidity to convert midi to wav, then you can convert to mp3/ogg.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Interesting premise :D. And yes, shoujo-ai would be perfectly acceptable XD