Remember these days (GXB) (Hiatus)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

Remember these days (GXB) (Hiatus)

#1 Post by Firefly »

Days to Stardom title.png
I'm posting this cause i've been working on it since May 2012 and all the cgs ( about 30). This is my first game and i would like some honest critiques of what i have done so far. I have other art styles i'm trying out to make the cgs and sprites look better but those will be for another game i have in mind, after i finish this one of course. :D

Story: You have just been given a scholarship to a well known acadamy for the arts. Music, dancing, acting, literature and art, you can choose your path to determine your life at school. The choices you make determine your ending with the boy in your department. How will you remember your days at school? Will they have a good ending, or happy ending? The super happy ending has an extra scene and cg.

There will now be 6 mini-chibi scenes per character = 30 mini-scenes total
Characters:

Main character: Caitlyn ( name changable)
Family: the only child of a stay at home mother and a work-a-holic father
Was accepted to a prestigous school

Hitsuji:
Hitsuji smile 2.png
He has a tendency to over react and often tries to lighten the mood whenever there seem to be tension around him. He's a "yes man" who puts others ahead of himself. His goal is too become the next best singer of the century.

Relationship: Bestfriend with the MC since childhood.
Department: Music
Family: Mother, father, older brother
Dislikes: Frogs and slimy things
Love interest: Avoids the topic with the MC as if it were the plague. " WHA...What are you talking about?!?!?!? Let's hurry up.... Okay?"

Touya:
Touya normal 2.png
He is silent but elegant with the air of royalty surronding him. He doesn't open up easily or show his emotions openly with the feeling that no one would understand or even be bothered to care. his relationship with his father is strained. He often compares himself to a puppet. His whole person transforms on the stage. He seems to show others emotions better than his own........

Relationship: Sempai in the acadamy
Department: Acting
Family: Father ( The owner of many hospitals in the country), little sister, mother (deceased)
Dislikes: His father, marriage meetings, people who are rude
Love interest: "Wait... Did he say... Fiance?!?!?"

Ryochiro (Ryo for short):
Ryochiro smile 2 .png
A very animated individual who can be easily mistaken for a girl if put in the right outfit. His goal is to become a professional dancer. For some reason he doesn't like talking about his sisters, in fact he seems to become depressed.

Relationship: A fellow student
Department: Dance
Family: Mother. Father, 6 sisters
Dislikes: Sisters, Costumes, people that call him cute, being mistaken for a girl
Love interest: None. He refuses to bring any home.. " What's he so afraid of..?"

Kyoya:
Kyoya normal 2.png
A rebelious student of the literature department. He is not afraid to speak his mind and can be very blunt. If he doesn't like someone he will ignore them. He tends to be quiet and you will often find him on the roof skipping class by sleeping or reading. He happens to be the son of the schools director, and is considered a genius ( which explains the reason he can get away with skipping class on a regular basis.)

Relationship: A fellow student, A loner
Department: Literature
Family: Father and Mother
Likes: books, reading, people who are smart, dark clothes, his religion, strawberries
Dislikes: Smart alicks, people who are stupid but think their smart, people telling him what to do
Love interest: " Love is nothing but fairytales. It doesn't exist...."

Cadim (Nakamura Sensei):

Cadim sprite.png
A silent individual whose expressions rarely change. According to student reports he was a prodigy in arts early in life. He's of mixed orgin. His father falling in love abroad with a beautiful woman. A very loving couple indeed. Raised in the dessert he tends to wear a turban out of habit for protection fron the sun. The MC seems to always cause trouble for him.

Relationship: Student and Teacher
Department: Art
Family: Father, Mother
Dislikes: Dogs, lazy students, his fathers spontanious nature.
Love interest: None. He rarely talks to women, when he does its formal. " Why does Nakamura Sensei keep staring? He did that when i first met him too....."

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS:

hotaruandkurosample sprite 2.png
Hotaru and Kuro are known as celestial beings, they are twins with completely opposite personalities. Hotaru, the older twin seems to be the target of every creatures affection, while Kuro has the opposite effect and only has the affection of his older brother Hotaru. The question is.... what do these celestial being want to accomplish in the modern world???? And what or who are they targeting with their unusual visit.
kou -sensei sheet.jpg
Kou Saito, a former entertainer who began working at the school to teach the next generation of entertainers. He's mastered many areas of entertainment including Song, Dance, and Theater. He is a very colorful individual that enjoys dressing in costume on a daily basis. His favorite costume this year is a cat costume, however he's been known to show up in other costumes including a vampire..... A very loud and cheerful individual, however that makes you question those sorrowful glances he sometimes gives.
RTD women 1.png
Two of ryo's six sisters. The oldest sister Mia has a fiance and seems like she's the most normal of all the sisters. Mayu, the youngest is quite bold and is very fond of both her brother and his friends.
MC mom sprite.png
The main characters mother. She has a habit of pushing her daughter to look for a potential husband as soon as possible. Warning: stay far away from her when she's cooking or you will never look at food the same way again......
shiori sprite normal 2.png
Shiori is Touya's sister, she enjoys music and looks up to her big brother.

Progress:
Sprites: 80%
Cgs: 70%
Story: 100%
Script: 40%
Coding: 30%
Last edited by Firefly on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 am, edited 35 times in total.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: School Days (GXB) [Otome game]

#2 Post by CheeryMoya »

miaverana
Regular
Completed: Nothing at all~ ^w^
Projects: Amy's Super Life, Princess of the Death (belong to Princesses Series)
Organization: ~o0o Valonia o0o~

Re: School Days (GXB) [Otome game]

#3 Post by miaverana »

I like the plot (even though I'm not really fond of school life :3). The art is ... well... it seems you don't shade colors so the art looks so flat.
And I think you should edit the title, if you have GxB tag already, you don't need to add a "otome game" tag ^^".
Last edited by miaverana on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firefly
Regular

Re:Fireflys game (GXB)

#4 Post by Firefly »

Thanks for the heads up

As for my art, you're right i'm not the best at coloring and shading... I'll have to work on it as soon as i get the right program.

Really? Okay.

xiannuzuo

Re: Fireflys game (GXB)

#5 Post by xiannuzuo »

VN about school are one of my favorite~ Now especially because it is art school!! I wonder what it will be when it's done ^3^

I like Touya the most! *o* He looks so cute~

KioTrio

#6 Post by KioTrio »

This looks like it'll be awesome! Ryochiro too! And the other people... And Ryochiro...

But, question, how can all the Cgs be done if you're not done writing it?
Makes me think dialogue will be forced a certain way.

Of course you're the maker so I guess you already have that all figured out ^_^'

Firefly
Regular

#7 Post by Firefly »

Truth be told i only had 30 days for the trial program i was using for the art.... so i kinda had to rush to get the cgs and sprites done. I outlined the story before i drew the cgs to fit the story.

But since i really didn't do the complete dialogue first, you're probably right.

I'm still a rookie when it comes to making games so
I'll be sure to work on the dialogue first next time! :D

fallenangel198

#8 Post by fallenangel198 »

yayyy i cant wait for this to come out this seems really intresting if you need any help with the story line im happy to help and good luck with this project :D
my deveint art account http://fallenangel198.deviantart.com/ and hii everyone

Firefly
Regular

#9 Post by Firefly »

Really? :o Thanks for offering! I could really use the help! I'm not the strongest writer out there so any help you could give would be great. :D
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

fallenangel198

#10 Post by fallenangel198 »

Sure! I'm happy to help.
my deveint art account http://fallenangel198.deviantart.com/ and hii everyone

ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

#11 Post by ngareci »

From the CGs, I know that this VN will be very amusing!
You also select an interesting topic, student of art academy! They must be have an interesting life! :D

Good luck on your progress!
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

Firefly
Regular

#12 Post by Firefly »

@ xiannuzuo
Touya is awesome! (I'm biased)
@KioTrio
Yeah, Ryochiro is great! ( Okay, i like them all :D)
@ngareci
Yeah, i'm trying to make it as amusing as possible. I love comedy! :lol:

Thank you for your comments! Now i'll work twice as hard!!!!

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#13 Post by WickedRaccoon »

The plot seems interesting and the sprites/CG's are ooh-so-sute! Will be checking this out. Are there any updates on this though? Cause it's been a while since the last entry :/

Firefly
Regular

#14 Post by Firefly »

@ WickedRaccoon
Still alive and kicking :D I've been redrawing the sprites and some cgs because my art has improved quite a bit....... that and I'm kind of being distracted by a few other projects one being school :( Will update with more soon.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Fireflys game (GXB) (Sprite update)

#15 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Oh cool! I'll sit back and wait for the new updates then! ^_^