What is your religion?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: What is your religion?

#181 Post by Der Tor »

Does "Theism" count as a religion? :P If yes, I think I can best describe myself as a theist. Meaning I believe in a God or a higher power, but I wouldn't exactly describe myself as religious in a strict sense.

I used to be catholic once (long time ago) and I really do believe that Jehovah, Jesus and Saint Mary exist. But there exists the problem HikkiPanda mentioned. But it's not that the old testament is "screw up crazy" - it's just that people today can't understand it anymore because they lack the cultural background of ancient times so they think that.

I am open to all religions. I think at he heart of it all religions try to teach people to be good - it's just that some morons don't get it and insist on fighting with people who have a different religion - completely ignoring the fact that both religions teach peace and tolerance and not believing the thing about bad deeds and good deeds both being repaid that both religions teach.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#182 Post by LVUER »

HikkiPanda wrote:I'm a custom catholic (catholic which I modified myself). I only follow new testament because old testament is just screw up + crazy lol. Oh, and I support gay and lesbian (I also believe that Jesus never ban or complaint about them)
He told us to have lots of children and fill this Earth with our descendants though... not something you can do with same sex partner (unless you go cloning or some kind of DNA manipulation).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#183 Post by HikkiPanda »

LVUER wrote:He told us to have lots of children and fill this Earth with our descendants though... not something you can do with same sex partner (unless you go cloning or some kind of DNA manipulation).
1. Well, when Jesus come, I believe that old testament become obsolete ^^;
2. Having children is not mandatory. Even Jesus himself said this: if you can hold your lust then it's good to celibate, if not then go get married ^^;
3. pastors and buddhist monk celibates, therefore they won't produce children. It's no problem right?
4. and then there are these poor souls who fail to find the love of their life ... they also don't produce children ...
5. It's not like these gays and lesbians want to become homosexual in the first place .. they're born that way. If you're blaming gay and lesbian for their homosexuality then I think you're blaming the wrong person.
6. No one get a diarrhea when homosexual couple loves each other. They don't harm anyone ^^

well, my catholic is custom, so i have different way to view some stuff :P
Der Tor wrote:it's just that some morons don't get it and insist on fighting with people who have a different religion - completely ignoring the fact that both religions teach peace and tolerance and not believing the thing about bad deeds and good deeds both being repaid that both religions teach.
this is a big problem in my country ... right now i'm trying to save up and move to singapore

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#184 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Such as interesting topic
Egressus wrote:Islam.
...I'm alone here, aren't I? >___>
No you're not of course xD
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#185 Post by Destiny »

I'm something between atheism and satanism (but the original, not the chlichee one).
Once was christan, but somewhere around 12 I just stopped believing for an reason unknown to me.
I just believed in nothing and somewhere around 17 I started believing in satanism, meaning I started to believe, that I can become my own god (in the meaning that no god and also no destiny or coincidence controls my life but that I can change it to the fullest).
I'm somewhat happy with this, even though I hate the reactions of people when I'm being honest and tell them I'm partly satanist. All directly think I pray to the devil, sleep on graveyards, sacrifice virigins and dance around dead cats ôo

But I'm also fine with religions. I'm very interested in them and have friends from all kinds of religions (and, thankfully, they are very open-minded and do not try to tell me how I will go to hell or try to convert me to their religion).
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#186 Post by Sapphi »

Destiny wrote: I just believed in nothing and somewhere around 17 I started believing in satanism, meaning I started to believe, that I can become my own god (in the meaning that no god and also no destiny or coincidence controls my life but that I can change it to the fullest).
Hm, that's kinda ironic given your username and sig. :P
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Katty16
Regular

#187 Post by Katty16 »

I think I am a Christian, but sometimes I don't know.
Because sometimes I do not know if I believe in God, but sometimes i believe in him
It may sound a little bit strange

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#188 Post by Destiny »

Sapphi wrote:
Destiny wrote: I just believed in nothing and somewhere around 17 I started believing in satanism, meaning I started to believe, that I can become my own god (in the meaning that no god and also no destiny or coincidence controls my life but that I can change it to the fullest).
Hm, that's kinda ironic given your username and sig. :P
Yeah, isn't it? x3
But both are simply because of my game, I'm normally called "MangaEngel".
But that is also ironic, since "Engel" is german for angel, being in contrary to my not-christianity xDDD
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#189 Post by Sapphi »

Katty16 wrote:I think I am a Christian, but sometimes I don't know.
Because sometimes I do not know if I believe in God, but sometimes i believe in him
It may sound a little bit strange
It doesn't sound strange to me. I think it's a normal part of faith in the unseen to have doubts. I also think if we all defined our religions based on how we currently felt at any given moment, nobody would be able to pick just one. :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Duendain
Regular
Completed: A fair few.
Organization: LiU

#190 Post by Duendain »

Officially I am a christian, but I tend to like the buddishim half of myself more (I am half asian, and at least as religion goes :p) but in reality I am a atheist

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#191 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

I believe in the existence of god and the devil, but I worship none of them. Mainly because I consider both to pursue their own purposes.
Being god an agent of order and the devil an agent of chaos, I believe we are stuck in the middle of their hypocrisy.

And, before someone says something, I reached this conclusion far before playing Shin Megami Tensei games.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#192 Post by Victoria Jennings »

I believe in the collective unconscious. C:

And, if God exists, S/He is either a thought form*, or a higher dimensional being (perhaps 10th dimension? idk).

Also, you guys should all read this: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/An_Egg

EDIT: *In which case, all other gods/mythological beings were real at some point, for as long as people believed in them.

...which is why Slender Man might exist. ; ~ ; *sob*
Last edited by Victoria Jennings on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuroneko_rg
Veteran
Projects: Dark Pleasures, Kiss of Blood, Midnight Park
Organization: Black Cat Alleyway

#193 Post by Kuroneko_rg »

I believe in the collective unconscious. C:
I believe in collective consciousness as well. I also believe in the existence of the akashic records. While some people imply they are
the same thing, I totally disagree with it.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#194 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Thelo wrote:I stopped believing in religion around the same time as I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I've never felt any urge to "return" to either, for approximately the same reasons.
Lol, ↑this post was kinda old but just wanna express it's the same on me xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Heisenberg
Regular
Organization: Los Pollos Hermanos

#195 Post by Heisenberg »

Fun fact, Islam is the largest religion
You think I'm in danger? Skyler, I am the danger.