Weird things that your pets do?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

Re: Weird things that your pets do?

#16 Post by Fungii »

My cat can be really cute at times.
Other times she goes and takes a poop, only to run back upstairs and get her butt all up in my face immediately afterwards.
When she's not doing that she's doing this weird satanic yawn thing at me.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#17 Post by fleet »

One of the felines that lives in my house brought in a wasp nest.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Victoria Jennings »

fleet wrote:One of the felines that lives in my house brought in a wasp nest.
Holy ship, were there still wasps in it?! ; 0 ;

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#19 Post by fleet »

Victoria Jennings wrote:
fleet wrote:One of the felines that lives in my house brought in a wasp nest.
Holy ship, were there still wasps in it?! ; 0 ;
No, just eggs.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

#20 Post by Katon »

Bandit, my cat of two years is a walking washing machine, any cat he gets his paws on he will take them a bath, regardless if they want it or not in most case, not. Not to mentions he loves kittens to death and acts like a welcoming committee whenever we have a new kitten around.

Speaking of kittens, our littlest one,Kyra has a weird favorite toy, she loves to roll ontop of it and attack it's so cute.

Let's see... I don't think its weird but it kind of cute, I also have a 5 year old rabbit named Nibs, when we first got her she was very little and we originally had her in a very small cage ( I think it was a hamster one ). My cousin, after her guinea pig had past told me that she still had a cage and said she'd give to me, so she did. And it comes with a little bell, so whenever she is hungry she WILL ring that bell until you feed her.

I also have a 6 year old cat that still suckles whenever he feels like it. ( Those claws hurt :T ).

And a 2 year old lab that seems to love to complain whenever she yawns.

( Yes I have allot of pets )

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#21 Post by Pyonkotchi »

my hamster sleeps really weird. like
he sleeps like HOW EVER. in the wheel? sleep
in his housee? sleep. under the water bottle? sleep.
he'll sleep upside down, on his back, spread out all over something, hamster pretzle, you name it.

there are rare moments when he actually sleeps like a normal hamster o3o

jeje
Regular

#22 Post by jeje »

So many cats O_O
Fortunately, I'm not the only dog person here.
I have two maltese. Well, one is a pure maltese, and one is a half breed of maltese and a yorkshire. (Actually, the pure maltese is the mom). And both are so tiny despite their breed.
The pure maltese always act high and mighty, like a princess with a white gown. She's really pretty and white. Has straight, silky hair. Really small. Smaller than the other.
The other is a... Naughty kid. She likes to take a walk, with her feet or with car. If she get in the car, she will always try to drive it O_o. She really like to see new things, and act like the strongest, barking loudly to other dogs and cats, despite her tiny size. Once, she get bitten at her tail by a golden that it's now still broken. The thing I really hate is that, when she just taken a bath (which is like a war), she will be really dirty in the next 2 or 3 days because she likes to find mud and puddle on the road. She really like to lick and make your feet really ticklish when you eat (because she will be there, licking your feet). Blonde curly puffy hair.
But they have same behaviour too. They fight a lot. They eat a lot. Beg with tilting their heads and sounding cute while nudging us with their tiny paws. X( and they get jealous if one of them is getting hugged.

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

#23 Post by wakagana »

Two Cocker Spaniels.

They both like eating cat shit.

They also like rolling around on furniture.

They also like dragging their butts across the floor or laying on their stomachs with their hind legs pulled out from under them facing back. Kinda like how humans lay on their stomachs.

And, I have a cat who meows. A lot.

No seriously. HE WONT SHUT UP.

Tsuroika
Regular
Projects: Where tIme Die\s\

#24 Post by Tsuroika »

@wakagana My sister just got a kitten. He likes eating dog poo. And I have yet to hear him meow or even make a sound once.

He won't respond to his name, Toasty (but I like to call him Schrodinger), so I found a way to make him come to me.
If I poke my head out from a corner and look at him, then slowly hide behind it again, he will slowly start to creep towards me. But when I poke my head back out, he'll stop frozen in his tracks and stare at me. I hide, then poke my head out again, and, for some reason, it's just really creepy when such a cute little kitten slowly gets closer to me each time I look at him... (Yeah he probably thinks I'm the creepy one though...).

When he gets close enough, he'll try to make me pet him. Incidentally, when my sister tried this, he scratched her face :lol:
DA
Remember these feelings.
Warmth, not of the sun here, but of the one long forgotten~

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#25 Post by Pyonkotchi »

also
also
my cat likes to lick metal stuff
the the spokes on a bike and clothes hanger
and sometimes at night she makes this really really LOUD AND DEEP MEOWING NOISE
But if anyone moves or gets up at all to see what shes doING, she STOPS and stares at us and makes tiny kitten "mews"

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#26 Post by kaleidofish »

Funny thread! Some of these things sound...horrifying. XD

My dog has this idea in his head that he's an extremely protective German Shepherd, even though he's a barely 10 pound Yorkie/Maltese. He also loves to hide his food from us. He'll scoot is treat along the floor with his nose, nudging it over until it's in a spot where he thinks we can't see it, which usually means the corner of a couch cushion or something. :?
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

TheSnowflakeOfDoom
Regular
Projects: Symphonie des Rêves

#27 Post by TheSnowflakeOfDoom »

My cat has to lie on top of something, she will never just sit on the floor... The best picture I have is when I had a really important history essay to do, and I got up to get a pen, and when I came back, there she was, fast asleep on my homework! xD

I also have a chicken who is able to open doors and jump through open windows - I have no pictures of that though!
~~~~
Signature, eh?
Hi!~ I'm TheSnowflakeOfDoom! I'm not a snowflake, nor do I bring doom I just like snowflakes... This account speaks for two people, because I couldn't be bothered making my own account And I can't deal with talking on my own...
I'm not rude, I'm just really shy... Meep~ Even though I want to talk to you all...

S-so how are you all today? I hope you're all well, and all your projects are going well!~
*Runs and hides*

~~~~

LadyLylalie

#28 Post by LadyLylalie »

Not that this thread needs anymore cat stories, but I have a few of my own.

My ten year old runt of the litter calico cat is very sweet. She still kneads (clawing kittens do on their mothers to stimulate more milk). Like all the time. She isn't even always purring, hell, she's done it before when she was MAD. I really don't think it was scratching, it was the exact same movement she usually does. She loves to chase her tail but whenever you see her she gets very embarrassed and slinks off. She LOVES to pose for pictures.

However she does have one practical quirk. She combs my hair. If I lay down on my bed with my hair falling off she''l do it. There have been school days where I have woken up half an hour early and read a book as my cat combed my hair. I gave my hair five brush strokes and was done. I have kind of curly shoulder length hair.

divalei
Completed: One Day
Projects: Shining Days (sequel to One Day), Calendula Memento
Organization: Project Rekuiem

#29 Post by divalei »

I owned a cat who liked to lick bathroom walls after I used the shower. She had a water bowl but I guess, water from walls tasted better. Also she didn't like to be alone. On the morning she came to my bed and see if I'm awake, just because I moved a little. She also feared being outside. I opened the door and went outside with her (she was wearing harness, I live in city). She took two careful steps and stopped. Then ran indoors. I had to give her away since my boyfriend is allergic. Just thinking about her makes me cry.

I used to have two cats when I was younger. The male one liked to travel all around the countryside. He left early summer and came back before the summer ends. We had no idea where he went. But his fur was always shiny. Perhaps he went to someone else's house to eat.

I have two dogs (they are living with my parents). The older one is 12 years old and the younger is 10 years old. Mother and daughter. The younger one loves her bones and tennis ball. When we have visitors, she comes and greets them with bone on her mouth and let out weird noises, something between whining and howling. The older one goes under tables or chairs.

Cinnamoon
Regular
Projects: Crystal Aria ~Starlight (20%), かわいいなリズム (38%)
Organization: CoffeeCat

#30 Post by Cinnamoon »

I do have a dog too. A 5 months old Shih-Tzu :)
He loves to steal my underwear (I really don't know where he finds them though >.<) and hide them underneath my closet T.T
Also, he wakes me up every morning : he jumps on my bed and bites my face. YEAH. MY FACE. I'm happy he has really small teeth.
He has a thing for hair too ! I have long hair, so when I get on my knees in order to stroke him, he jumps (he really likes to jump >.<) and bite my hair.
Also he follows me everywhere... like... EVERYWHERE. When I take a shower, he waits at the door. When I have to go to the kitchen and come back to my room, he follows me aaaall the way. >.<
He is so cute~~ *_* <3