The worst VN/KN ever created [Phase 2]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: The worst VN/KN ever created

#196 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I could host it myself, if someone bothered to create it, and there's also torrents, although I'm not sure how healthy something like this might end up being :lol:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#197 Post by OokamiKasumi »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:I could host it myself, if someone bothered to create it, and there's also torrents, although I'm not sure how healthy something like this might end up being :lol:
Have you added up the combined sizes of the games? Even if you do host it, we're talking over an hour to download a file that large. If someone is on dial-up, they'll be waiting over 8 hours for one file, where they just need a half hour or so to download one and play it while waiting on the next to download.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#198 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Well, it'd still be massive if we were to make them all into one game too. I'm guessing anyone looking for them all collected would probably be willing to set up the download, then go to sleep, or something. Then again, I'm not one of those people that would want to get all these games in one go, so I don't particularly care if we stick them all together or not.

On a less related note, please don't remind me of the evil times of dial-up :cry:
The speeds... they were so bad... :lol:
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#199 Post by OokamiKasumi »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:Well, it'd still be massive if we were to make them all into one game too.
Coding something like that would be a nightmare. Seriously. Just the idea of threading them all together so that they don't crash into each other... Scary!
...Then again, I'm not one of those people that would want to get all these games in one go, so I don't particularly care if we stick them all together or not.
I wouldn't want to get them in one go either. (Shudder...)
redeyesblackpanda wrote:On a less related note, please don't remind me of the evil times of dial-up :cry: The speeds... they were so bad... :lol:
It was less than 2 years ago for me. I remember all too well.

On a happier note, I loaded a bunch of free backgrounds in the Creative Commons area. ;) Ready for the next contest!
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#200 Post by SusanTheCat »

BAD CAT is finished!
garion_menu.jpg
I couldn't get the video to work properly on my Mac and my Netbook so I didn't include it.

There are 8 endings! Each ending unique! Battle System! Hidden Objects! Romance! Treachery!
desk_ground.png
On Dropbox:
Windows 20 MB: http://db.tt/Ba0fbgI9
Mac 17 MB http://db.tt/u91yLvVz
Linux 16 MB http://db.tt/vLVQofwc
All in One 28 MB http://db.tt/md89wS8e

Let me know if you are unable to download them
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#201 Post by OokamiKasumi »

SusanTheCat wrote:BAD CAT is finished!
Downloading like a house afire!!!

Edit: Awesome game!
-- The battle with the Vaccuum was epic! The hunt for the items was hysterical -- namely because they were all listed as 'toy'. My favorite part though, was the opening song.

Krinkle ball forever!
Last edited by OokamiKasumi on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran

#202 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

OokamiKasumi wrote:Coding something like that would be a nightmare. Seriously. Just the idea of threading them all together so that they don't crash into each other... Scary!
Absolutely! I don't think I'd want to meet someone that was crazy enough to want to mash all these games together! :lol:
Tsundere VN

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#203 Post by SusanTheCat »

Is the a link to "THE Magik Gurl OF StuFF" that I don't have to sign up for?

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "

Carassaurat
Veteran

#204 Post by Carassaurat »

A bundle of the games would be nice, although combining them in Ren'Py is far too much work for very little, if any, benefit. I've tried to play all other entries, and it was sometimes annoying to have to download a game and put it in the right folder only to be done playing with it five minutes later; a single download would have been snazzy.
SusanTheCat wrote:Is the a link to "THE Magik Gurl OF StuFF" that I don't have to sign up for?
I've been wondering that same thing too myself (but forgot to ask...).

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#205 Post by SusanTheCat »

First round of videos done. Compiling now.

Thoughs while playing:
Bad Game - love the clickable interface! Good transition animations
Do me yes - Infinate loop ahhhhhH!
I am Hero - Funny story. I liked the rising hero effect
Love Break - ROTFL! WTG with Voice acting!
Love'n'junk - Love the artwork. (Bonus points for the square buildings!)
MLF - love the dancing teacher
my mortality - I love this story cuz target is so goffick
Of stupidity and idiotic - 6 endings! Woo I actually like the plot
Origamo Furioso - A perfectly normal japanese game. You can tell by the awesome artwork
Prince and Princess -- All roads lead to destruction. I love the premice of the story
SINTNOL-- The music is perfect! I was snickering all the way through it
The Visitor -- somehow, Bela ended up sounding Quebecois in my recording. Awe inspiring amount of work went into this
There is no title -- Yay Acapella! This can't be the worst, the story almost made sense.
Troll - There's a Kitty!
Volky - EPIC!!!!!
What - Hmmmmmmmmm - good assortment of stuff?
Zombeh Kitteh - MOAR KITTIES

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#206 Post by SusanTheCat »

Here's the video:

If you want an uncut version of the video I did for your game, you'll have to ... um, let me see... make some fan art for someone else's game and post it here. I took about 5-10 minutes of footage for each game. (except when the game was shorter than that!)

Susan

Ziassan
Veteran

#207 Post by Ziassan »

Ah, just seeing that thread now. I'll make something tomorrow then, the deadline being the 31th. Hopefully my french timezone allows me to send my work 7 hour in the past.

nice interesting works here

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#208 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Sharm wrote:I thought they were due on the 31st?
Yeah. So I won't be accepting any more entries by the end of tomorrow. The end of the 31st for me could be a bit earlier for you guys. Suffer my timezone! :twisted:

I'd love to see some works that were created in this really short period. I'm sure they would be wonderfully terrible.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Explosions&NickCage
Regular

#209 Post by Explosions&NickCage »

SusanTheCat wrote:
Those voices were exceptional. You nailed it, absolutely.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#210 Post by Sapphi »

SusanTheCat wrote:Here's the video:
That was wonderful.
I am really looking forward to downloading these and having a fun relaxing night of stupidity. :mrgreen:

So, we're gonna do this every year, right?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬