The worst VN/KN ever created [Phase 2]

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Halca
Regular

Re: The worst VN/KN ever created

#226 Post by Halca »

Ionait wrote:
Halca wrote:WELCOME TO NEKO ACADEMY WHERE NEKO-CHANS AND HUMANS GET ALONG AND LEARN MAGIC TOGETHER!!! PLAY AS KENTO-KUN AND FIND TRUE LOVE IN THIS HEART-POUNDING ADVENTURE GAME!!!
I tried to download but it said there was an error, then restarted my download, which then made me enter in a captcha. And whenever I enter it, it just brings me BACK to the captcha screen again, and pops up another add. Three ads stacked on my screen and then I gave up. ;_;
Wow mediafire, today you decide to be unreliable? =_=

Lemme try a different link and see if it works better.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#227 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

There are a few people I've talked to through PM who will submit their games over the next few days.
I know this isn't exactly what I said in the rules, but I can do what I want. :twisted:

I won't accept any games that have been started after 31 July.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#228 Post by OokamiKasumi »

TrickWithAKnife,
-- Do you realize that you single-handedly caused the Completion of over 20 new Renpy games -- in a 3 week period? That's pretty damned awesome.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran

#229 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

This is only the first part of my evil plan. I'll talk about the second half later this week I think. Less work involved though.
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Ionait
Regular
Organization: Chu! Bam! Pow!

#230 Post by Ionait »

TrickWithAKnife wrote:This is only the first part of my evil plan. I'll talk about the second half later this week I think. Less work involved though.
There is a part deux?! Color me excited.

J. Datie
Veteran

#231 Post by J. Datie »

Sharm wrote:No! I'm not even close to being done! I should have managed my time better....
Don't feel too bad. I'm not even done the engine for mine. >w<

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran

#232 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Ionait wrote:
TrickWithAKnife wrote:This is only the first part of my evil plan. I'll talk about the second half later this week I think. Less work involved though.
There is a part deux?! Color me excited.
Don't get too excited. It's more of a discussion point.
The evil part is that I got your hopes up. :twisted:

Carassaurat
Veteran

#233 Post by Carassaurat »

Sapphi wrote:It's like you just Kazowie'd my heart!
Not a problem, lil sister, not a problem at all! It's my pleasure.
OokamiKasumi wrote:TrickWithAKnife,
-- Do you realize that you single-handedly caused the Completion of over 20 new Renpy games -- in a 3 week period? That's pretty damned awesome.
Yes, it is! To boot, I've been trying to make mods/games/visual novels for almost ten years now, but never actually managed to finish anything. So the whole goal of having "those procrastinators to experience actually completing a game" was certainly successful. And OK, it wasn't a piece of staggering genius and it wasn't big, but it feels good to have made something at all.

FragmentedBergyo
Regular

#234 Post by FragmentedBergyo »

Carassaurat wrote:So the whole goal of having "those procrastinators to experience actually completing a game" was certainly successful. And OK, it wasn't a piece of staggering genius and it wasn't big, but it feels good to have made something at all.
Reading this made me feel incredibly disappointed in being too late in participating.
Just the idea of "finishing something silly and bad ASAP just so you can release something" appeals to me already.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#235 Post by OokamiKasumi »

FragmentedBergyo wrote:Reading this made me feel incredibly disappointed in being too late in participating. Just the idea of "finishing something silly and bad ASAP just so you can release something" appeals to me already.
Then you'll definitely have to participate in the Next one TrickWithAKnife throws. :)
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#236 Post by Sapphi »

Carassaurat wrote:
Sapphi wrote:It's like you just Kazowie'd my heart!
Not a problem, lil sister, not a problem at all! It's my pleasure.
Well played 8)

And here, this is for you! I only realized after drawing it that his name is Toyota Misubishi. Oh well... :mrgreen:
toyota_misubishi.jpg
I think your game should not be in this contest. It had awesome art, awesome music, and really funny writing. I can't find anything bad about it, lol! Wao Feng's end was hilarious. I think I almost cried. I can't remember if I did or not because I was laughing too hard to notice. XD
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#237 Post by clua »

TrickWithAKnife wrote:Hmmm... I hope there are no masterpieces. That would defeat the purpose.

Plus if a game is starting to become quite good, the creator(s) would probably keep it as a future project, and submit a completely different game. To be honest there is no reason why anyone couldn't make a game in an afternoon. The lower the abilities, the better!
Yes, what I mean was in an intent of making something bad, could turn they other way! No one knows XD.

Can....I still post mine? Here in my country it's still July 31...I actually don't know why I took all this time doing it :A:--
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Carassaurat
Veteran

#238 Post by Carassaurat »

Sapphi wrote:And here, this is for you! I only realized after drawing it that his name is Toyota Misubishi. Oh well... :mrgreen:
It's actually supposed to be Mitsubishi with a t (the joke obviously being that it is Japanese, but not a name), but I mistyped that quite often, including in his actual definition! A search on the wrong "misubishi" didn't turn up anything when checking the script, because I didn't realise Ren'Py search is case sensitive. Thanks for letting me know, it's quite the blunder and I'll fix this and re-upload tomorrow.

And thank you yet more for the fan art! It's awesome. I'd show it to my artist, but, unfortunately, he's been dead since 1883.
Sometimes it feels like making a VN is like the asymtote f(x) = 1 / x; as you put less into it, you get more in return :) .
Sapphi wrote:I think your game should not be in this contest. It had awesome art, awesome music, and really funny writing. I can't find anything bad about it, lol! Wao Feng's end was hilarious. I think I almost cried. I can't remember if I did or not because I was laughing too hard to notice. XD
Well, my aim was to abuse other people's works. The art doesn't always logically correspond with what you'd expect from the text, like Toyota, who is just a Japanese teenager, but has the sprite of a griffin-riding knight; it has backgrounds that have things going on like meetings or flying angels that aren't mentioned at all and the sprites don't always have logical poses, like Konichiwo who always seems to lie down.
As for the music, only the credits piece was meant to be played on its own. All other pieces are part of a greater whole. For example, a Baroque concerto consists of three movements, fast-slow-fast, but I just use the slow movements sometimes and never mention its corresponding ones at all. Granted, I might be a bit more picky about this than most people, but I always hate it when my MP3 player jumbles Bach's violin concertos and plays two adagios after one another. It's also being cut off all the time - sorry, Mozart, but we're done talking about babies now, on to the bad jokes! And hey, maybe one day you're hearing the oratorio Solomon by Händel, and when Act III starts you get reminded of terrible, terrible asymptote jokes - that's bad, isn't it ;) ? And I can only imagine poor Beethoven spinning in his grave for using a sonata he dedicated to a woman he loved to accompany my naked baby jokes.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#239 Post by PyTom »

TrickWithAKnife wrote:Hmm, maybe more often, but not too often.
Maybe a few times a year?
Honestly, once is fun - but I really don't want to use the forum's resources to encourage people to make intentionally bad VNs as an ongoing thing.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#240 Post by CheeryMoya »

PyTom wrote:
TrickWithAKnife wrote:Hmm, maybe more often, but not too often.
Maybe a few times a year?
Honestly, once is fun - but I really don't want to use the forum's resources to encourage people to make intentionally bad VNs as an ongoing thing.
I've learned from this experience that I can't work on something I know for sure will be terrible. In fact, I've barely just finished my game and even then it's really short >_> I thought I had a story... but nope.