(P)lanets 2 [Cancelled]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ngareci
Regular
Completed: Grinning Heart: the meeting & the voyage, Nacira

Re: (P)lanets 2 [GxB] [Sci-Fi School Life]

#136 Post by ngareci »

Wow! An aura reader! Interesting, I wonder how she can give a hand on baseball game XD
I've played (P)lanets 1, and I'm sure this one will be another masterpiece!
Can't wait to play it! Good luck on your progress!
Completed Project
Image Image Image
===========================
Deviantart

ritamonteiro47

#137 Post by ritamonteiro47 »

This looks amazing :D I can't wait to play it !
You'r art did improved alot , but the art in planets 1 was also pretty good :)
Love the new features as well !
Last edited by ritamonteiro47 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyun~
Regular

#138 Post by Pyun~ »

teacup wrote:Thanks so much everyone for the comments and support.
I'm sorry for not replying in so long. To be completely honest I have been avoiding this thread, especially after my last post here. I was afraid that people would be angry at me for having trouble with the game. I'm glad to see that I was mostly wrong ^_^ I also didn't want to post anything until I had something to show.
So, what have I been doing?
1. Finished a new main menu image. I'm not totally happy with it though. This is what will be used for the demo, but if I'm not completely burnt out/lazy by the time the full game comes out, I'll probably change it.
2. Polished up the textbox a bit, and all of the buttons are hidden until you hover over them. All I have to do now is the save/load screens and the GUI is done.
Here's how it looks when you hover over the right side of the textbox.
3. Have some more screenshots. I've been writing a lot of scenes, and the current wordcount is 49,653 words.
4. The broken drive has been fixed. (For those who didn't know, the flashdrive that I used for the game broke and seemed unsalvagable. Luckily I got it repaired at a computer repair shop, at the cost of a week's worth of groceries ^___^;;)
In a short while, I'm going to be setting up a way for people to give donations if they desire. Some people offered to pay for me to repair my drive, which I just couldn't accept... but it got me thinking, maybe those same people would be willing to donate? Well, I guess I'll find out when the time comes. If I end up making a reasonable amount of money from that, I'll use it for something game related... been wanting to make (P)lanets merch for a while (like keychains and buttons, since I have an nifty button machine). I wonder if anyone would like that sort of thing :0
Heather32505 wrote:That's sad to hear. :( I'm a person not usually interested in things like this, but when it comes to (P)lanets I can't wait. if you're having trouble writing I offer myself to help. It's always been easy for me. I know it's rare for you to actually accept this offer, but if you would like my help it would be easy for me to write according to the character's personality and the plot for what you want written. I know it's a long shot, but I just want the game out to play. Either way, GOOD LUCK and DON'T GIVE UP! :D :D
Thanks for offering to help. :) I seem to have gotten over my writer's block for now, but I wrote your name down to contact you if I ever need help.
Anygirl4444 wrote:Mikah says the same thing Haruhi does XD but they don't have the same last name so now i'm confused :/ ......oh well! guess i'll have to wait and see!
If you're talking about in the video, Mikah wasn't actually saying the line. He has a different line ("I hate sadness.") I just overlayed Haruhi's quote with the picture of him holding a star because that quote is representative of the game and I wanted to bring it back in the 2nd game. Sorry if it seemed unclear.. I'm going to be remaking the video later on anyway.
Pyun~ wrote:Dang. :I I was hoping you would make a continued version like (P)lanets but with Kaius, Marin, Ryuu, and Lucan. :I Got a great story line on how they reunite. :o Btw good characters. c:
Huh, well, to be honest I have NO idea how I would continue a story with the same characters from the first game. Considering the fact that Marin lost her powers, would a 2nd game with them be at all interesting? ^_^;
Actually it would! :D E-mail me? c: But first I have to see the game. xD

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#139 Post by MomoiroGirl »

I heard you've been having a hard time lately, and I totally appreciate you even deciding to make this game, so just remember to take care of yourself and prioritize yourself in times like this! The whole forum will still be waiting whenever you decide to finish this! We will deifinitely wait until it's done (And it's ok if it doesn't get done, but we're glad to help you finish it if you want to, but just need help! :D)

Anyways, I did a simple fanart of Mikah for you (It was a very quick drawing, so it's very simple, but maybe you can think of it as a "FIGHT FIGHT, GANBATTE!!!" fanart! XDDD)

(He may be a biiit too tan, but I looked off a picture where he was a bit tanner than usual, so oh well XD)
Attachments
Mikahfanart asdfghjkl.jpg

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#140 Post by KissOfDeath »

OMG~ (P)lanets merchandise?!?!?! I got practically my whole dorm hooked on this site and (P)lanets last year. If you came out with buttons and posters and stuff like that on eBay... I can say that I at the least would spend my clothes savings on every single piece you come out with!!! And if a few girl saw them on my walls and in my room, traffic for your eBay account or w.e (if you have one and decide to make merchandise) would be crazy ! Well hypothetically speaking of course, but surely I would buy posters and buttons just to indulge in my otaku/anime/datesim-centric lifestyle lol :) who knows? Could be worth a shot w/ all the fans you have...
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#141 Post by michi 18 »

When do you think will the demo and full game be released ? just curious and excited
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

PuurtySparkles

#142 Post by PuurtySparkles »

Okay, I started playing (P)lanets yesterday, because I was seriously pissed off with My Candy Love because it makes you pay and i found (P)lanets. I haven't finished yet but i have two paths right now one unfinished with Lucan and one almost finished with Kaius. Sadly I read on here that Marin loses her powers and now im sad :( I didn't want her to lose them. But the game is really fun so far! Good job, I can't wait for (P)2! Your so amazing! Whenerver Kaius was being a jerkass and Marin was crying so was I! I thought that was funny and I ended up laughing ;) Kaius's path is really depressing, but I love him :) thank you for making such an amazing game!

lillyisawesomeee

#143 Post by lillyisawesomeee »

Eerppp. I am so relieved that your flash drive was saved. 8A8
Mostly because. That would have been a lot of work just gone and omg. I don't even. ngkgbgh. Just no. Ain't even gonna think about it.

Aaaanyway! <3 Excited for this game for like ever. >u< Huehuehue. Le plot line + programming + art seems to have improved a lot from what I can see. Soo-oo-oo! Definitely looking forward to it. /checks for updates every day otl

;u; I also managed to get my friends excited about it. So. We'll be waiting ! (alsoiattempteddrawingfanartanditwasnotprettyotlsodon'tlikeevenworryaboutartcriticsilu)

Hozrien

#144 Post by Hozrien »

I played (p)lanets one and it was awesome! I loved the textures and everything, I HAD to get every ending that was in it n-n

I really look forward to this game! I think I would end up playing it for a few days x3.

xBunn

#145 Post by xBunn »

I absolutely LOVED the first game!! I have played through it 7 times and watched 3 different friends play through it as well!
3x for Kaius
2x for Ryuu
1x for Lucan
1x for Haruhi
I gotta say, it is by far my favorite Otome game that I have ever played and I have played through at least 13 different Otome games including (P)lanets!
I am sooo anticipating the second one! So many choices in this one! I'm not sure who to pick! xD
Thank you for (P)lanets 2! Keep up the good work! :D

eternalwishess
Regular

#146 Post by eternalwishess »

Oooh, I think the main menu for the demo looks really crafty! Your drawings seem to have improved a lot.
Call me αίкσ, hehe. C:

Tsukiko Kuroi

#147 Post by Tsukiko Kuroi »

... I don't know how to say this but...
I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK AND GAME(S)!!!! Better than I can do but anyway!
I've been watching this, um, for lack of better word, application for a while and I have to say; I'll be one of the first few people to download it Teacup-san!

I'll be waiting!

P.S. Also, if you ever need help with proof-reading, I'll be here! :)

RenZero
Regular

#148 Post by RenZero »

OH GOD! Art is fu***ng better than last time!! *dies*
*resurrect* I can't wait to play it!! :D

Rem-chan
Regular

#149 Post by Rem-chan »

*just read your post about usb being fixed* YAY! I'm so happy your usb is fixed *O* And also these new updates *O* I can't wait till the game is done!!!

Moon20
Regular

#150 Post by Moon20 »

hello teacup, Do you know when we can play Planets 2?