Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

Forget-Me-Not [BL][Slice of Life]

#1 Post by Boniae »

Long ago, Emmett used to be extremely withdrawn and hated socializing. Michael had just moved into his neighborhood and wanted somebody to talk to. In a short, strange course of events, they met on a rooftop and became familiar with each other. Emmett soon grew attached to the complete stranger, opening up and may have even considered him a friend. However, the summer friendship ended when Michael moved away, but left Emmett with a problem he realized he could overcome.

The dreamlike memory of the boy became so blurred to him, that when the same boy transfers into his homeroom Sophomore year, he doesn't recognize him at first!

They rekindle their friendship, and they quickly become close friends…to something a little more than friends. Emmett feels content with the way things have gone for them, but he can’t ignore the strange feeling that something isn't right with Michael. There are things he doesn't know about Michael, even coming so far in their relationship, that he can’t figure out so easily. What isn't Michael telling him?
Forget-Me-Not is a BL visual novel exploring their relationship over a course of time.
Rating: 15+
Endings: 3
Price: Freeware
Estimated game length: 3 hours (or more, possibly)
Emmett Nowak
Emmett is a cynical and sarcastic fifteen year old boy who was never well liked at school. He's always been categorized to be nerd because he's usually on top of his grades, but other than that, Emmett doesn't have much interest in anything else. He's long stopped caring about other opinions and is satisfied with the person he is.

Michael Crawford
Emmett's acquaintance from long ago, and also a new friend in the present. He recently moved back into the state and transfers into most of Emmett's classes. Michael is on the basketball team and his good talent seems to stick out. He's grown to be the recent talk of the school, but the unwanted attention tends to make him nervous. Emmett seems to hit it off well with Michael, but there's a lot he doesn't know about him...

Miranda “Skyy” Holloway
Skyy is Emmett's best friend since 7th grade. She's very cheery and never fails to put Emmett in a good mood or reassure him when he's down. Skyy's fashion statements are much more “different” than other kids at school and she will pretty much dress however she wants to. She also is very fond of anime and fanfiction and is always happy to meet another student who is willing to share that interest with her.

Roger McCormick
Another player on the basketball team and is also in Emmett's grade. He's jealous of Michael's popularity on the team and would rather not have anything to do with Michael.

Mom (Rachel Nowak)
Emmett's strict and slightly overbearing mother. She comes off as cold-hearted, but Emmett knows that she only wants to see him do well. Emmett shares a close relationship with his mother and attempts his best to respect her...especially when she's not in a good mood.

All platforms download - (115 MB)

screenshot0100.png
screenshot0101.png
screenshot0073.png
[Update Jan 6 2013] Game is in the current process of polishing / finishing up CG's. A release is expected sometime in the upcoming months! Stay tuned!
[Update June 27 2014] Release is planned for early July!
[August] Finally released! Check the link at the top

This game is a BL (Boys love / Shonen Ai) story, so if you're not comfortable with this kind of stuff, don't force yourself to play it. I don't plan on this being 18+, so there aren't any H-Scenes.
Last edited by Boniae on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 17 times in total.

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL] [Slice of Life / Drama]

#2 Post by FlawedFlare »

I like this already. The story plot and the art is great!! I hope the demo will be out soon, so I can grow more excited for the full game!! >w<

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#3 Post by Obscura »

Please finish this. It seems like a cool indie movie.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#4 Post by carosene »

Congrats on posting, Sevita! X3
Halfway done? And am I reading this correctly that you finished writing? 8O And beautiful avatars!
Very glad to see all this! Keep up the good work, Sevita!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#5 Post by Camille »

Oh, I was following this project way back when~ Glad to see you're working on it again and that it's coming along. *_* Good luck!

Boniae
Regular

#6 Post by Boniae »

wOw 4 replies already? asdsdjasddj @.@
FlawedFlare wrote:I like this already. The story plot and the art is great!! I hope the demo will be out soon, so I can grow more excited for the full game!! >w<
Ohh thank you! I'm glad that you find it interesting! ; v ; (from my corny summary lol)
I doubt a demo will take me too long, so keep checking back! (And hopefully the full release won't take sooo long after that too. XD)
Obscura wrote:Please finish this. It seems like a cool indie movie.
Thank you Obscura, that means a lot! (I love your game so it's pretty cool to get an interest from you!) :'D
Haha, and it does kind of seem like it could be an indie movie...the way the story is and everything. :o
carosene wrote:Congrats on posting, Sevita! X3
Halfway done? And am I reading this correctly that you finished writing? 8O And beautiful avatars!
Very glad to see all this! Keep up the good work, Sevita!
Thanks Carosene~! :D (It took me a little while to post, but yay!)
Well actually, technically I'm halfway done with the game script. All I have to do is write the endings, I'm guessing that will take me a couple months, but it's progress! :D
Camille wrote:Oh, I was following this project way back when~ Glad to see you're working on it again and that it's coming along. *_* Good luck!
Ohh, that's great, you remember it! Thank you! :'D

Thanks for all the interest so far you guys! ; v ;

Boniae
Regular

#7 Post by Boniae »

Oh gosh it's been like 4 months since I last even updated this thread?!! Hhaha sorry guys that I've been really inconsistent with updating and all that woops :shock:

Well I have good news though! With all that time in between the last update, progress has been going smoothly. I've completed 1 out of the 3 endings, and I doubt the other two endings will take me long. Right now though I'm experiencing writing block...so instead I've decided to SERIOUSLY prepare a short demo right around the holidays. (And christmas break is right around the corner, why not take advantage of that opportunity to do something productive? :D)

So some stuff that's done so far:
- Backgrounds (i've succumbed to using filtered photos and you know what i dont even feel bad about it)
- Character art for Skyy and Roger (updated in the thread)
- I've also made a blog for forget me not via tumblr, since I'm a way more active on there. Screenshots and stuff will be up on there if you're interested.

I'm smelling a demo coming out somewhere around this time...so keep your eyes peeled! Once again sorry for the lack of updates guys.

Mad Bat
Regular

#8 Post by Mad Bat »

Your story's summary reminds me very strongly of the relationship between
Usami and Azai Kyousuke
in G-Senjou no Maou.

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by try10 »

This project looks really nice. I LOVE BL stories and I'm eager to play your game.

Boniae
Regular

#10 Post by Boniae »

Mad Bat wrote:Your story's summary reminds me very strongly of the relationship between
Usami and Azai Kyousuke
in G-Senjou no Maou.
Interesting, I've never heard of that VN until today! As I was reading the summary between those two characters I can see where you're coming from with that. Haha, I hope the similarity is a good thing though. XD
Thanks for the comment by the way! :D
try10 wrote:This project looks really nice. I LOVE BL stories and I'm eager to play your game.
WowsS thank you very much!!! When the demo/full release comes out I hope you enjoy it! :D

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#11 Post by Obscura »

Oh yay, I was wondering what happened to this project. Looking forward to its completion! :mrgreen:
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Boniae
Regular

#12 Post by Boniae »

Obscura wrote:Oh yay, I was wondering what happened to this project. Looking forward to its completion! :mrgreen:
Yeah, I tend to drop of the face of the earth sometimes...but rest assured, FMN will be completed! Hopefully pretty soon too. 8)

And yess! FINALLY Christmas break is here! I'm pretty much almost done with putting in backgrounds / sprites to the demo, I just need to finish up some minor character sprites and draw the CG's.

As I promised (or at least...i think i promised??) I have some screenshots! I'll add these to the first post as well.
emmett isnt sorry
emmett isnt sorry
i changed the buttons and im proud of myself
i changed the buttons and im proud of myself

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

Re: Forget-Me-Not [BL] [Slice of Life]

#13 Post by WickedRaccoon »

yay,glad this game is back on track.i played the demo and it kept me interested in learning what's going to happen next.so i'll keep checking for updates (and new demo ^^)
the new sprites look great,and they still give out their personalities (to make more sense,just by looking at emmet you can tell he's a sarcastic dude).i really did not notice that the backrounds are filtered photos.. until i re-read the thread o///o but they still pair up nicely with the sprites,so backrounds=good job! (question: are michael's eyes red or brown???)
i wish you good luck!!!

Boniae
Regular

#14 Post by Boniae »

WickedRaccoon wrote:yay,glad this game is back on track.i played the demo and it kept me interested in learning what's going to happen next.so i'll keep checking for updates (and new demo ^^)
the new sprites look great,and they still give out their personalities (to make more sense,just by looking at emmet you can tell he's a sarcastic dude).i really did not notice that the backrounds are filtered photos.. until i re-read the thread o///o but they still pair up nicely with the sprites,so backrounds=good job! (question: are michael's eyes red or brown???)
i wish you good luck!!!
Ah, thanks for the support WickedRaccoon, that means a lot! I'm glad you like the new sprites and your still sticking with the project~ ^///^
And to answer your question, his eyes are brown. They kind of have a reddish hint to them though. :)

Progress on the demo has been really great so far! I got a handful of side portraits and characters, and I'm still in the process of drawing some CG. I probably won't color all of the CG for the demo though.

DreamDragonHatchling
Regular

#15 Post by DreamDragonHatchling »

BL game! We are one step closer to world peace!! :3 Love, love, love BxB!!!