Ren'Py DSE 1

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nyu
Regular

Re: Ren'Py DSE 1

#31 Post by Nyu »

I like the eingine very much. It hlps for the codeless like me. Ha ha!

This topic is kinda old I wonder if someone might take a look, but I have a uestion related to this:
How do I do to move the dayplanner box?
I made a large amount of stats now it's expanding to the dayplanner so I want to move it down.
I tried to use:

Code: Select all

style.dp_frame.ypos = 1
But nothing seems to change. Here's the pictures.

kratoscar2008
Completed: hatsune miku VN (Personal project)
Projects: Erotic Dating Sim.

Re:

#32 Post by kratoscar2008 »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:I finished that tutorial, so here it is. Using the DSE seemed like it would be complicated at first. But now that I've gone through and learned how it works, it really does seem simple. I guess Ren'Py itself was a bit the same way. It's a little intimidating trying to figure out something like that when you don't know where to start. But once you get your feet wet, it's not too bad. So hopefully, this small and simple tutorial can help people get their feet wet a bit. If anyone would like to host this tutorial *winks at eclipse* then feel free. You can modify it too if you like. Oh, and PyTom, when you get a minute could you check it for any possible errors, or suggestions for improvement? Thanks
The link died. Could anyone upload it somewhere else?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Ren'Py DSE 1

#33 Post by Donmai »

The DSE has been rewritten using screen language and it has an active thread on the cookbook section.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=31571
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)