Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Re: Frozen Essence: V.2 uploaded

#316 Post by VenusEclipse »

@BlindCharity: Cool, I'll love to read it whenever you write one.

@Ordog: Thanks for helping her out. That saves me a lot of time. I don't remember everything that happened in my own VN, which means I'll have to look it up. You saved me a lot of time. <3

@keke: It's okay not to like all genres so thanks for giving this VN a go. Everyone has different preferences. =)

wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

#317 Post by wordlesswriter »

Wow, this game was pretty incredible. And lengthy, which I wasn't prepared for. (Of course, that is because I got the Hidden Character ending 1st playthrough, good Water ending. I was pretty freaked out, I was all, "How long is this game? D:" )

UGGGGH, Aurelius is such an annoying character. :x If that was intentional, congrats.
But the hidden character- I cried!

kyoli

#318 Post by kyoli »

Found this game a while ago. It was amazing! I loved all the story lines! I really look forward to playing any other games that you may have made!

Shinkukagamine

#319 Post by Shinkukagamine »

I HAVE FOUND THIS THREAD
I absolutely adore FE :D My favorites were probably the Death Path endings, hehe.

Estrel

#320 Post by Estrel »

Just wanted to let you know that this is probably my favorite VN game ever!!! The artwork is great and I love all the different ending options. Okay, for the record it also made me cry. I was a wreck after a certain ending that I will not spoil for others, suffice it to say I was not in a good place. Although that's probably why I love this game so much, because I managed to get so attached to the characters I that I was actually emotionally invested in this game. I loved it!

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#321 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thanks guys for all your comments!

@Estrel: I hope you didn't get embarrassed, wherever you were. ^^;

Ishikatsu
Regular
Projects: Nemuri

#322 Post by Ishikatsu »

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks; Frozen Essence was my first visual novel ever and really got me hooked.
Keep up the good work :)
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

Oiram744
Projects: None anytime soon

#323 Post by Oiram744 »

A very well done VN. It's one of my favorites, and I love the length of each of the character paths, and some paths bring a tear to my eye. The music complements the background art and the character sprites are good enough. Thanks for making such a great VN.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#324 Post by Akitsuki »

It was cool, really. You got a totally different storyline depending on which path you are. I can't say I'll be bored playing it over and over ^^ I was quite surprised to get the true ending the first time I played it. And so far, Rune is my favorite character. I've done Caius' light ending as well, which somehow doesn't make a shock to me--maybe he's that predictable? lol

Also,
Zareh's ending is really touching, and somehow I'm sure it should be the true ending. Not to mention Rune is still my favorite character, but I admit Zareh's path is the most interesting one since you have to be dependent on him and I found that sweet.
Thank you for your hard work, I really enjoy playing it :D

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#325 Post by AshenhartKrie »

This is so beautiful. I absolutely love it. I've got pretty much every ending except for Aurelius's Light Ending, and a couple of CGs from the Earth Path and the Life Path.
Zareh is my absolute favourite character. I think its so sweet how he waits for thousands of years to help her, and its cute that she remembers him as a kid in her dreams, even if she doesn't know who he is. I actually expected his to be the Canon couple, not Rune (personally I don't like Rune much, he's just not my type)

Wonderful, wonderful job, I haven't played a VN I've liked as much as this in a while.
Thanks for chasing away my long boring days. ^_^

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Chizuka

#326 Post by Chizuka »

I was a bit hesistant about playing this VN. The art didn't attracted me much at first, but after downloading I really started to like! Played and got all the endings in one day.
I really like the length of this VN, longer than the usual ones posted here, the longer (with a good storyline), the better for me! ZAREHHH!~
Absolutely loving your writing, and I'm REALLY looking forward to see more.. I kinda hope it would have similairities to Frozen Essence (writing and the amount of choices, not the plot). I found it too bad Virgil wasn't obtainable. Seemed like such a sweet guy. T^T
Thank you so much for writing and I hope you never stop. :D

Hannahchu
Regular
Projects: Morte. Deaths Kiss! I'm no boy! <3

#327 Post by Hannahchu »

This was one of the first VN's I downloaded from here, and I still playthrough it. I absolutely love your art and your unique storyline. I'd love to help you on any of your projects, although I probably can't do much for you I can beta-testing, proof read and write. Thanks for creating such a great game!

Genesislove
Regular

#328 Post by Genesislove »

This game was so amazing, thank you so much! I just got Varian's good ending, it's so satisfying to have finally won him over. BTW, how do you get a bad ending?

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#329 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that you guys really like it.

@ Genesis: I'm sorry for the late reply. To get the dark endings, you can follow the walkthrough for the paths you want.
http://www.unbrokenhours.com/forum/view ... hp?f=4&t=6

Genesislove
Regular

#330 Post by Genesislove »

Thank you!:D
So are the dark endings actually bad endings or are they just different? I'm not sure I want to go for them all if they're flat out a wrong path.