Do you know what your bloodtype is?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
DeeKay
Veteran

Re: Do you know what your bloodtype is?

#31 Post by DeeKay »

I wonder what's common in mixed bloods / mestizos like myself, I'm O+ by the way.

Funny if I look up what I should be according to my blood type.

I have a wandering mind if I'm just chilling but not to the point of being an airhead ^^'''
I'm very focused when I'm set on something, that would be a big problem at work if I wasn't ! xD

Fun fact : A friend of mine once said I have tsundere reactions if I'm being pushed around too much or pressed for things I don't want to do. Probably the first time I ever heard the term being spoken out of manga or anime ^^'
When you check my zodiac sign, rising sign / ascendant and chinese sign, they're all fire signs ! Does that make me hot headed ? :p

I wonder if we should make a topic for that as well just for funs and giggles.
Hmm...
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Tsuroika
Regular
Projects: Where tIme Die\s\

#32 Post by Tsuroika »

I start to feel weak when I read/hear about blood... anyone else?
Strangely though, I'm fine with dissections, seeing/touching blood and donating it. Stranger still, I don't know my blood type... I think it was AB though. Oh, and I'm Cambodian if that has any correlation to my blood.
DA
Remember these feelings.
Warmth, not of the sun here, but of the one long forgotten~

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#33 Post by LVUER »

Taleweaver wrote:I also donated blood earlier in my life (did it when I was still studying to earn a little extra money, but you're the first person I've heard of saying that they love donating blood.
We don't get any money by donating blood here. Just some snacks, vitamins, and a t-shirt.
Taleweaver wrote: You're sure you're not a reverse vampire like Karin or something?
I wish. Unfortunately I'm just a normal human being who is mortal and will die if lose big amount of blood.
Sharm wrote:I used to love it too. It was a nice time where I could relax completely and not feel guilty about it and the next day I would feel extra healthy. My doc says that some people get a build up of something (I think it was iron) in their blood and that giving blood takes away the excess and makes you feel normal until it builds up again.
Agree. And it feels nice to know your blood can do some good. You can safe life without even know anything about it... isn't it nice?

I heard that some people even get addicted donating blood. They feel uncomfortable if they don't donate their blood regularly.
OtomeWeekend wrote:Based on a certain survey I found in the internet, Type B people has a strange love for donating blood xD While A people rarely do...
Then that means that survey can be right.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#34 Post by Sharm »

LVUER wrote: Agree. And it feels nice to know your blood can do some good. You can safe life without even know anything about it... isn't it nice?

I heard that some people even get addicted donating blood. They feel uncomfortable if they don't donate their blood regularly.
It was quite nice. I quit when I found out I had CFS, and there's a possibility of giving it to whoever got my blood. Counteracts the whole reason for doing it!
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

LVUER
King of Lolies

#35 Post by LVUER »

Of course if you found out that you have transmittable disease in your blood, you should stop donating your blood. Fortunately, I don't have any. That's why while I'm still healthy, I'm going to donate as much as I can.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#36 Post by wyverngem »

Not for sure no. My brother is an O, and my mother is an O as well, but my father is an A.

So his dormant gene is O, making me either an A or an O. I think I was told I was an A. It's not a hard test to do, takes less then a minute to figure out a blood type, but it expensive for just the curious. If you're in an accident, most hospitals test if you know or not.

I never understood the superstition with bloodtype.

Dalton5594

#37 Post by Dalton5594 »

I'm O+ :p

Hurrah for being one of the billions.

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#38 Post by Rin »

My bloodtype is A, but I don't know if it's + or -
It was quite nice. I quit when I found out I had CFS, and there's a possibility of giving it to whoever got my blood. Counteracts the whole reason for doing it!
Sometimes I wanna donate my blood too, it's such a nice do-able thing, sadly I don't meet the weight requirements e_e Also I have Anemia, so I probably passed out after giving blood -maybe not that bad but.. close-. I always feel bad about that because my relatives often have to donate their to me. I do try to keep fit and stay healthy but so far it doesn't help much improving the problem.

wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

#39 Post by wordlesswriter »

Tsuroika wrote:I start to feel weak when I read/hear about blood... anyone else?
Strangely though, I'm fine with dissections, seeing/touching blood and donating it.
Opposite for me... seeing warm blood from any source makes me feel shaky. I just become very conscious of all of the blood that I have in my body, I think. DX

My blood is type O- which, actually, would make sense. :lol:
Those blood type-personality comics are accurate when it comes to my study methods.

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#40 Post by Tetiel »

I'm O-. I really should donate blood, but I feel so incredibly crappy afterwards! I donated twice and both times I didn't faint, but felt extremely tired for over a week. They said I wasn't anaemic, but I'm not sure if that was entirely true. I was borderline and knowing my blood type they took donations anyways. Vampires the lot of them! :< Kinda selfish of me, though. Perhaps I should try again. It's been 4 years.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#41 Post by Sharm »

Being properly hydrated makes a huge difference with how you feel after a donation. I would guess that was more what your problem was, especially since it takes about a week to replace plasma, but much longer to replace blood cells.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#42 Post by Kingv »

I have no idea what my blood type is, although I always wanted to know what it was. A few years back I went to the doctor and he suspected I might be anemic so he wanted to draw some blood to test it. I burst into tears and begged him not too so. I have an extreme fear of needles. Eventually he did a pinprick test and found out I was severely anemic. In the end he said it's good they didn't take it as planned; I would have probably passed out. But based on family history, most of my relatives are B- so I might be too.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#43 Post by LVUER »

When you're going to donate your blood, make sure you are COMPLETELY fit! Just take it like you're gonig to attempt on breaking a world record or something like that (or at least going to a national). You're going to make sure nothing goes wrong even just a bit. Like not hungry or thirsty, not wanting to go to toilet, not sleepy, and so on.

I was donating my blood once (yesteryear, to be exact). I was really fit that morning. I ate breakfast and so on. But that time, it was outdoor and it was a little bit windy (I was feeling a bit too cool at that time). But I was forcing myself. The result? My vision was getting blurry at that time and I felt a little bit sick. It never happened me before even once. Donating blood is kinda a big deal since you're loosing quite a bit of your blood (about 600ml?) though it's nothing serious. Still... you'll want nothing happened to you so you can go back straight to your daily life/work.

DeviantArt Account

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#44 Post by PyTom »

Sapphi wrote:You can knowfor the paltry sum of $8.99 + shipping (assuming you're in the USA)!
Or you can donate your blood, and they'll tell you for free. (You might have to ask them.) Plus, your blood will probably be used to help someone, which makes it worth doing in its own right.

For the record. I'm AB.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#45 Post by azureXtwilight »

A+

My mother used to make puns that I should get marks as high as my blood type.
Jokes aside, I try to donate blood as regularly as I can XD The first time I was scared of blood loss that I consumed too much fe+ supplements...