The Cook

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Heisenberg
Regular
Organization: Los Pollos Hermanos

The Cook

#1 Post by Heisenberg »

ok guys, ok, ok guys, ok. so like I've been bouncing an idea for a VN around and I think I've come up with an idea.

So like, you are an everyday family man, with a 15 year old son and a pregnant wife. The new baby is unplanned and you are tight for money, but with two jobs (working at a carwash and being a high school chemistry teacher) you can make it work. But then life throws a curveball, you are diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. well dang, now you need to pay for treatment for a disease or die and leave your family with nothing. so what do you do, well you team up with a former student and become meth cooks to leave money for your family, this story follows your rise through the drug world as a meth cook. Will you do it for your family? Or will you let your ego turn you into a ruthless drug lord? Your choices affect the game, as you start out a low level cook then soon join with dealers as you rise through the ranks. You can even cook for a huge meth ring run by a calm, collected Chilean business man and earn millions, but not all your relationships will ever stay positive. Oh and your brother in law is in the DEA, and your son has Cerebral Palsy.
You think I'm in danger? Skyler, I am the danger.

wakagana
Veteran
Projects: Flash Q
Organization: Team Bread

Re: The Cook

#2 Post by wakagana »

I'd play that shit all day man.

Tetiel
Regular
Projects: Anton's Vacation EP 1 and 2 + Rising Angels (CGs/Character Selection), Katajion Kinetic Monthly (character sprites)

#3 Post by Tetiel »

In this game, do you also get to level up your breakfast abilities to win your son's love and affection? If so, I'm in.

Heisenberg
Regular

#4 Post by Heisenberg »

Yes, it would be foolish to not include breakfast abilities in this game

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

Heisenberg, your premise sounds a lot like a well known TV series. Have you seen it, or heard about it? Are you trying to create a similar story, but in a VN format? Do you intend to take the premise in different directions?

bd648

#6 Post by bd648 »

I must say that this sounds like quite the original idea. I would play it so hard!

Heisenberg
Regular

#7 Post by Heisenberg »

gekiganwing wrote:Heisenberg, your premise sounds a lot like a well known TV series. Have you seen it, or heard about it? Are you trying to create a similar story, but in a VN format? Do you intend to take the premise in different directions?
I don't see similarities

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#8 Post by PyTom »

I believe this joke has run its course. Locking the thread.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom